PDA

View Full Version : DMReckless’ Curse of the Crimson Throne (PF) Fantasy Grounds Saturdays 6PM-9:30PM EST

DMReckless
December 31st, 2016, 13:17
This thread is intended to recruit 4-5 players for a weekly game to play through the Curse of the Crimson Throne Hardcover Adventure Path utilizing Fantasy Grounds VTT and Skype voice chat/group call. I have the Ultimate License for Fantasy Grounds, so players only need the Demo version or better.

The Game will run from 6PM until approximately 9:30 PM on Saturday nights.

Before submitting a character please download and read the https://paizo.com/products/btpy8bdb?Pathfinder-Curse-of-the-Crimson-Throne-Players-Guide ( [url)Original Player’s Guide.

Characters start at level 1.

Races allowed: Core Rule Book races (with alternate racial traits allowed, plus see spoiler below) or Tiefling (alternate heritages and alternate racial traits allowed.)

Dwarves, Elves, Gnomes, and Half-Elves may add one alternate Racial Trait which would normally replace one Racial Trait without replacing the original.
Half-Orcs, Halflings, and Humans may add one alternate Racial Trait which would normally replace two Racial Traits, or two Racial Traits which would each replace a Racial Trait, without replacing the originals.

Classes Allowed: Aegis *UP, Alchemist, Bard, Brawler, Cleric, Fighter*, Inquisitor, Investigator, Kineticist, Magus, Marksman *UP, Monk (Unchained), Oracle, Paladin, Psychic Warrior *UP, Rogue (Unchained), Slayer, Soulknife *UP, Stalker *POW, Sorcerer, Swashbuckler, Warder *POW, Warpriest, Wizard
*Fighters get 4 skill points per level and add Acrobatics, Heal, Perception, and Stealth to their list of class skills. They may choose either Iron Will or Lightning Reflexes as an extra bonus Feat at 1st Level. They gain free access to Combat Stamina from Unchained.
*POW Path of War
*UP Ultimate Psionics
Archetypes published by Paizo or Dreamscarred Press for any of the above classes are allowed following the normal restrictions

Attributes: Choose one of the following arrays and modify for race: 17/15/14/13/12/10 OR 16/15/15/12/12/12 OR 14/14/14/14/14/14

Starting Wealth: 100 gp

Max Hit Points at level one, ˝ HD +1 thereafter

Traits: Pick one Combat, Faith, or Magic Trait, one Family, Racial, Regional (must be appropriate for Korvosa), or Social Trait, and one Campaign Trait. The fluff for these traits should be incorporated into your character’s background write-up. Alternatively, you may roll on Ultimate Campaign’s Background Charts in the Paizo Recruitment Thread (https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2u3ht?DMReckless-Curse-of-the-Crimson-Throne) and pick three of the Traits granted by said random background rolls plus the Campaign Trait (utilizing this option, you must use the rolls to detail your character’s background.)

Additional Unchained Rules Used: Background Skills, Dynamic Magic Item Creation, Disease and Poison, Craft and Profession

Submissions should consist of full crunch, a background which includes expansion of Campaign and other Traits fully integrated, a cluster of motivational and personality descriptors, a physical description of the character and/or link to an image, and a quote similar to the ones in the above linked CotCT Player’s Guide about why your character loves Korvosa. Korvosa and its fate are integral to the Campaign, and its survival should be well integrated into your character’s motivating factors.

Submissions must be completed by Friday, January 13th. My selections will be announced by Monday January 16th, and play will begin Saturday January 21st.

This campaign uses the fast experience track for levelling.

Expect the Epic! (https://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/dmreckless/Spalshpage_zpsibjky29q.jpg)

Kiqjaq
December 31st, 2016, 17:54
I'm on it coach! Dibs on Warder!
I can give you the crunch by sending a fantasy grounds character XML, right?

DMReckless
December 31st, 2016, 18:04
Yes. That would be a real time-saver!

Squeekit
December 31st, 2016, 18:53
Remove

DMReckless
January 1st, 2017, 20:05
bump

Kiqjaq
January 2nd, 2017, 02:06
Quick question: Is Signature Skill (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/signature-skill-general) allowed? Probably, because it's not a particularly crazy one, but it does basically invoke a whole new subsystem so like eh?

DMReckless
January 2nd, 2017, 02:08
Quick question: Is Signature Skill (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/signature-skill-general) allowed? Probably, because it's not a particularly crazy one, but it does basically invoke a whole new subsystem so like eh?

Yes, it would be allowed.

DMReckless
January 2nd, 2017, 02:19
Applicants thus far:

Name (P=Paizo Boards FG=Fantasy Grounds Forum): Completion Status; Character Class/Race

Kiqjaq(FG): Complete, Human Warder (Zweihander Sentinel)
Squeekit (FG): Interest expressed & Class Picked; Gnome,Tiefling, or Half-Orc Alchemist(Grenadier)
Zakenex(FG): Interest expressed, working on Elven Magus(Blackblade Kensai)/Swashbuckler(Inspired Blade)
Torivor (P): complete; Human Ranger
Andygal(P): Interest Expressed, broken microphone
Warsor(P): Complete except Quote about Korvosa, Human Warder (Dervish Defender)
Pokeapache(P): Concept PMd; Human Sorcerer
Zakanex(FG): mostly complete; Human Paladin
Isolapop(FG); backstory complete; Human Cleric of Sivana

Updated 1/7/16

DMReckless
January 5th, 2017, 14:30
Still time to submit. Looks like a healer type would still be appreciated.

Khalil
January 5th, 2017, 14:36

If you started at 5pm I might be able to. On sundays I play ball and sometimes those games start at 0930.

I'm gmt +12 but that would be Sunday morning for me.

Kiqjaq
January 5th, 2017, 16:42

Pshaw, we don't need a healer. 4 Warders is the best team!

DMReckless
January 7th, 2017, 15:41
Submissions must be 100% Completed by Friday the 13th. I am picking 5 Characters from among those who have completed their submissions.

DMReckless
January 12th, 2017, 03:46
Woot! I finally have the entire adventure path entered into Fantasy Grounds. Finished up the last of the random encounter templates today. This bad boy is ready to run.

Kiqjaq
January 12th, 2017, 04:17
Woot! I finally have the entire adventure path entered into Fantasy Grounds. Finished up the last of the random encounter templates today. This bad boy is ready to run.

Cripes really? I mean bravo man, but that's nuts!
I never set up beyond the end of the current "chapter" as I play through. I'd go mental setting up a full AP before getting a chance to play any...

DMReckless
January 12th, 2017, 14:06
I usually do something like that too, but I didn't want to start this in December(given the amount of holiday stuff going on), so I used the time I would normally play (and a lot more time beyond that) to keep plugging away at it. I'd already passed the point of no return when they made the licensing announcement, and when I posted the recruitment thread, I figured I should give myself enough time to finish, and looks like I did.

But, yeah, it's a bit mental.

DMReckless
January 13th, 2017, 12:12
Applicants thus far:

Name (P=Paizo Boards FG=Fantasy Grounds Forum): Completion Status; Character Class/Race

Kiqjaq(FG): Complete, Nathaniel, Human Warder (Zweihander Sentinel)
Squeekit (FG): Complete; Vraen Nuvali, Tiefling Alchemist(Grenadier)
Torivor (P): missing quote?; Rufus Cosmasus Human Ranger
Pokeapache(P): Complete; Inthiski :"Iski" Orniejir, Tiefling Sorcerer(Crossblooded)
Zakanex(FG): complete; Lucas Luxigni, Human Paladin(Silver Crusader) of Aspu
Isolapop(FG); Complet; Ian Shav, Human Cleric of Sivana
HogatrthUndead(FG): complete; Xihsak Hankhab, Human Rogue(Carnivalist)
Andygal(P): Interest Expressed, broken microphone
Warsor(P):withdrawn

Updated 1/13/16

DMReckless
January 14th, 2017, 17:59
Thank you everyone for your interest and applications. For this campaign, I have chosen the following PCs:

Kiqjaq(FG): Nathaniel, Human Warder (Zweihander Sentinel)
Squeekit (FG): Vraen Nuvali, Tiefling Alchemist(Grenadier)
Pokeapache(P): Inthiski :"Iski" Orniejir, Tiefling Sorcerer(Crossblooded)
Zakanex(FG): Lucas Luxigni, Human Paladin(Silver Crusader) of Aspu
Isolapop(FG); Ian Shav, Human Cleric of Sivana

It wasn't easy to decide, and if we face attrition, I'm sure to be contacting those left behind as all completed entries were excellent.

Thank you everyone.
Reckless