PDA

View Full Version : Where is the new Erase and Delete Pointer feature?

Doc4
October 13th, 2005, 05:02
Can someone point my sleepy head towards where the Erase and Delete Pointer options are? The patch notes say there is a new radial, but I do not see any new options.

Hurry! My maps are being overrun by circles, squigglies and arrows!

:)

Tom / Doc4

Crusader
October 13th, 2005, 05:49
The option to erase pointers are in the pointer radial. By clicking on an existing pointer you could choose to erase that pointer only or to erase all pointers.

Doc4
October 14th, 2005, 00:01
Could you be painfully explicit for my benefit?

- I create a green pointer arrow.
- I right click on the arrow.
- I select Pointers from the radial.
- My options are Draw Arrow, Draw Square, Draw Circle and Draw Cone

Clearly I am missing something obvious. Where are the delete pointer options again?

Tom / Doc4

Graiskye
October 14th, 2005, 03:49
If I recall correctley, you have to actually clik on the arrow, or pointer itself, and then you should get the options to erase . Hope this helps, Grai

Crusader
October 14th, 2005, 06:03
Well, here's a screenshot from my menu:

https://www.harn.se/img/pointers.png

You need to click on the pointer to get the 'Remove this' but you should get the option to remove all pointers no matter what.

Crusader
October 14th, 2005, 07:49
As I think of it, this reminds of when I upgraded to 1.05 and I didn't have the shortcut options. The reason was that I had my own version of the ui_adventure.xml. Is this a custom ruleset?

Doc4
October 15th, 2005, 05:34
Yes, this is a custom ruleset. There is no ui_adventure.xml file within the ruleset folder as I just performed a search for it.

There is a d20_adventure.xml file within the ruleset that I have not touched. I removed the line referencing it from the base.xml file, but no additional point options appeared.

Tom / Doc4

Crusader
October 15th, 2005, 07:43
You need the d20_adventure.xml reference since that is your NPC-definition, however make sure that you have this:

<includefile source="data\ui_adventure.xml" />

Crusader
October 15th, 2005, 07:46
I think that the file above is "built in" into the program (or rather a part of the resource-file) but I think that it needs to be referenced just the same.

Doc4
October 17th, 2005, 04:35
Got it. Thank you. I don't think this is the first thread you have bailed me out of, Crusader. :)

Tom / Doc4

Crusader
October 17th, 2005, 05:29
Always happy to be of service! :D