PDA

View Full Version : [FGDaze] Delver's Society Dungeon Race

GeoQuester
December 30th, 2016, 20:07
The Delver's Society has been hired to hunt down and defeat a nefarious wizard who wishes to unleash hell onto the world! Time is of the essence, the Delvers have tracked the villain to a long-forgotten crypt at the edge of town, the ritual has already begun... Will you defeat the villain before the ritual is complete? Or, will you fail and allow the world to fall into darkness?

Session Time: 3 1/2 Hours - 30 minute muster, 3 hour playtime
Number of Players: 4-6
Text/Voice: Discord (https://discord.gg/sffsR2D)
GM License/Player License: GM has Ultimate License, Demo+ players welcome
Other: Pregen characters will be provided, all characters are first come first serve
Game System: D&D 5E
Genre: Fantasy
Newbie Friendly: Yes

Signup on the Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2333)

damned
December 30th, 2016, 22:58
Welcome GeoQuester! Diving right in to the deep end - good stuff!

GeoQuester
December 30th, 2016, 23:34
Welcome GeoQuester! Diving right in to the deep end - good stuff!

Thanks ;) I've been around for quite a while, this is just my "professional" account. My Discord community has been using FG for a long time. We run games weekly (which we stream on Twitch) and have even given away FG licenses. Feel free to stop on by, we'd love to hear from you about some of your experiences with creating rulesets, themes, and extensions for FG.

Towah
January 1st, 2017, 20:11
Hi! Just registered.

Downloaded FG Demo today and wanted to join a game. Is this one available for FG Demo players and little to none experience with D&D 5E?

NotRussellCrowe
January 1st, 2017, 20:28
Hi! Just registered.

Downloaded FG Demo today and wanted to join a game. Is this one available for FG Demo players and little to none experience with D&D 5E?

Hi, Towah, and welcome to Fantasy Grounds!

This game is available to demo users. Any game where the GM has the Ultimate license will let demo users connect and play, so just look for that in the future.

GeoQuester will have pregen characters available so you won't need to worry about creating them and there is a line saying that it is newbie friendly so I think you'll be good to join.

Make sure you set your timezone properly in your profile so when you click the calendar link it will convert it to your time so there are no surprises or unknowns (it's listing as 11am CST for me). Once done just click the Apply as Player button.

Good luck and happy gaming!!

mclancy10006
January 1st, 2017, 23:05
I just signed up as well. I have not played D&D of any flavor in a loooong time like 2nd Edition days. I was talking with a former co-worked they other day about this and it got me looking for options.

FG is also a new beast for me, but looking forward to trying it all out. notRussellCrowe thanks for the TimeZone tip.
-Mark

GeoQuester
January 2nd, 2017, 01:09
Hi! Just registered.

Yup, I have the Ultimate license, so free players are allowed to play on my table. And no experience, no problem. It's a short, fast-paced adventure. New players are welcome and we'll lead you through the ins and outs of 5E. No worries, you're in safe hands :dead:

GeoQuester
January 4th, 2017, 21:55
For those of you interested in seeing what a Delver's Society Dungeon Race looks like, come watch tonight at 8pm Eastern (GMT -5) on my Twitch channel (link in sig) as a new group attempts to beat the final dungeon boss (and the clock). Tonight's dungeon race (entitled "Cold Darkness") features 6 1st-level premade PCs delving into a tomb to defeat the angered ghost of a long-dead wizard before he escapes to reek his undeady vengeance on the descendants of the adventurers that put him to unrest over a century ago. The PCs will only have 3 hours before the restless spirit can free itself from the wards placed within the tomb.

New Delver's Society Dungeon Races every Wednesday at 8pm Eastern! So, if you missed signing up for our special FGDaze game, you always have the opportunity of playing in the future!

mclancy10006
January 8th, 2017, 00:48
Thanks to Geoquester. This was a fun one and done. We did not complete the quest in time to make the challenge, but it was close. I blame the n00bs. (oh I was one of the n00bs). Ooops.