PDA

View Full Version : New to Fantasy Grounds

keane
December 30th, 2016, 20:03
Greetings all,

I've just purchased FG via steam and I'm excited to start using it. Can someone point me to a good "how-to" video series? I want to run some Pathfinder Society scenarios and then other things but for now I need to know how to use the tool.

I've searched the web and there are tons of videos, I'm looking for a "new to FG" thing.

Thanks in advance!

Trenloe
December 30th, 2016, 20:31
Welcome keane

Click the "Wiki" link at the top of this page and then "Videos". There's a Pathfinder section on that page with some good getting started videos.

LordEntrails
December 30th, 2016, 20:31
Welcome to the community keane. We hope you love it here as much as many of us do :)

I'm not sure which videos to recommend to you as I know there are quite a few. One of the others here will be along shortly with their recommendation. I will say, that a good place to start is with the User Guide (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/FantasyGroundsUserManual.pdf).

When it comes to videos and such, be aware that PF builds on the CoreRPG ruleset. So you can start by watching/learning about CoreRPG and know that 95% of that will apply to PF. Also, check out the stickies at the top of the 3.5/PF forum, lot of good info there: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?63-3-5E-Pathfinder

keane
December 30th, 2016, 20:34
Wow, thanks for the quick responses! I'll check them out.

dulux-oz
December 31st, 2016, 00:54
Hello keane, and Welcome! to the Community,

Videos.... Videos... Let me see... Videos...

Ah, here we go - take a look at some of the great Tutorial Videos available on the Fantasy Grounds Wiki (and on YouTube). Damn's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below).

Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG forms the foundation of just about all the RPGs we play with Fantasy Grounds - so by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of what you'll need to know to play any RPG with Fantasy Grounds. Once you've gone through the CoreRPG Videos you can then go on to Videos about your chosen RPG.

When you get familiar with the basic Fantasy Grounds product the next step is to check out some of the Extensions (Plug-Ins) for FG, such as the DOE: Sound, DOE: Locations, DOE: Weather and DOE: Organisations Extensions (to name a but a few).

And keep on asking questions - we're a pretty friendly lot here, and we love answering questions. :)

Cheers