PDA

View Full Version : CoC 7e One Shots 1900 GMT+0

VenomousFiligree
December 30th, 2016, 19:57
This will be my thread for announcing CoC 7e One Shots. All games will take place at 1900 GMT+0 (I may occasionally be able to alter this by an hour either way). The Game Calendar "Campaign" entry can be found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2312).

Please post and subscribe to this thread if you want to be advised when the next One Shot will be.

Should a game be over subscribed, I will pick the first five players that have voted yes and posted in this thread. So it is in your own interest to post your intention to play here as well as voting yes on the calendar.

Next Scenario
The next scenario I'll be running is The Derelict" a modern day scenario - "Despite the concerns and worries of life, a final voyage is being made on the luxury yacht, Delilah, taking the vessel from America to its new owner in England. What promises to be a pleasurable journey across the ocean waves descends into a desperate struggle for survival."

Cult of Chaos (https://www.chaosium.com/organized-play/)
I'll be running the one shots as a member of the Cult of Chaos, so please feel free to post (or PM) feedback (positive and negative) on the scenario, the rules or me as the Keeper.

VenomousFiligree
December 30th, 2016, 20:06
Next game will be either 1st or 2nd January. Vote on the calendar entry(s) you can make and I'll run the one with the most players. I'll only be running 1st or 2nd and the first five players will get to play.

Genius Loci - Not all is well at Danvers State Lunatic Asylum and it's down to the investigators to heed a friend in need's cry

Logan-05
December 30th, 2016, 20:53
I'd look forward to participating. January 1st is not possible for me, unfortunately. I've set my vote, FWIW, for the second. Cheers, D

Chemir
December 31st, 2016, 09:45
This sounds fantastic. I'll be keeping my eye on this thread. :)

Hermundure
December 31st, 2016, 21:50
Same here, I will keep in touch with you.

VenomousFiligree
December 31st, 2016, 22:11
Two players so far for January 2nd, anyone else interested?

Genius Loci - Not all is well at Danvers State Lunatic Asylum and it's down to the investigators to heed a friend in need's cry

Hermundure
December 31st, 2016, 22:32
Venom do you have some premades available? I only played one oneshot of CoC and have no idea on how to create a char :-)

VenomousFiligree
December 31st, 2016, 23:03
Yes, pregens are available. There's a short description of each in the Calendar entry.

Hermundure
January 1st, 2017, 09:08
Thats great, thank you!!

Guintar Teufalman
January 1st, 2017, 17:20
I'd love to play and check out 7 e

Guintar Teufalman
January 1st, 2017, 17:22
And while I can't vote yes both times work!

VenomousFiligree
January 1st, 2017, 18:04
OK, looks like tomorrow (2nd) will be the day we run.

Hermundure
January 1st, 2017, 18:48
Thats great! I already picked a pregen for our game, its in the Calender :-)

TAJ-MAN9599
January 2nd, 2017, 18:25
I'm interested

TAJ-MAN9599
January 2nd, 2017, 18:27
btw how do I click yes its not anywhere on my page?

VenomousFiligree
January 2nd, 2017, 18:46
Hmmm, looks like we went from four players to two, then back to three, whilst I was on the train.

VenomousFiligree
January 2nd, 2017, 18:50
btw how do I click yes its not anywhere on my page?

Looks like you managed to find it in the calendar.

VenomousFiligree
January 2nd, 2017, 18:51
Hmmm, looks like we went from four players to two, then back to three, whilst I was on the train.

I'll need all three to show up to run the game.

TAJ-MAN9599
January 2nd, 2017, 18:52
yea my bad I was looking in wrong place lol

TAJ-MAN9599
January 2nd, 2017, 18:53
Joining now

Cheesy_Nacho
January 2nd, 2017, 21:00
Sorry I messed up. This would have been my 1st game. still trying to get familiar with the Fantasy Ground set up.

Please accept my apologies.

Perry

Hermundure
January 2nd, 2017, 23:20
You missed quite some nice game there mate! :-)
I am looking forward for our second session, this week I am available pretty much every day except sunday. The start of the year is always a bit calmer shedule-wise on my side so I hopefully can adapt to you other players :-)

VenomousFiligree
January 2nd, 2017, 23:38
I'll not be able to run another game this week. The idea is that the games are single session rather than multiple. However should the three of you want to having a more finalised ending to the last session I can see if I can fit that in. Otherwise the next session will likely be a Saturday in two to three weeks (maybe midweek a bit sooner).

Hermundure
January 3rd, 2017, 11:15
Thats nice to hear, if I can make it I would be happy to join you again for your next one-shot.

If the two players would be interested in bringing our game from yesterday a bit further count me in also.
Its always sad for me to see a game which has nice roleplaying between everyone and some remarkable moments to end so abrubtly because of time reasons.
For me it was late also so I was happy in drawing a cut there but I am curious how the story will unfold if we continue a few hours :-)

VenomousFiligree
January 3rd, 2017, 19:57
The next One Shot I fancy running is a modern one - The Derelict - "Despite the concerns and worries of life, a final voyage is being made on the luxury yacht, Delilah, taking the vessel from America to its new owner in England. What promises to be a pleasurable journey across the ocean waves descends into a desperate struggle for survival."

Hermundure
January 3rd, 2017, 20:35
I am in :-)

skybluerob
January 5th, 2017, 01:05
I'd like to play some one shots. I'll apply to the calendar.

VenomousFiligree
January 7th, 2017, 11:17
The Derelict, scheduled for Saturday 14 January.

"Despite the concerns and worries of life, a final voyage is being made on the luxury yacht, Delilah, taking the vessel from America to its new owner in England. What promises to be a pleasurable journey across the ocean waves descends into a desperate struggle for survival."

kycaver
January 12th, 2017, 01:40
I am super interested in getting in on a game. I simply love Call of Cthulhu and have played in-person and on Roll20, but never on FantasyGrounds.

Hermundure
January 12th, 2017, 09:26
My shedule is not very tight until the weekend so if you like I can teach you the ropes of FG to get you going :-)
Out of the ordinary working hours that is :-)

VenomousFiligree
January 12th, 2017, 14:59
btw, there will be a different set of pregens for The Derelict, I'll hopefully post them in the Calendar tonight.

VenomousFiligree
January 12th, 2017, 15:00
kycaver, if you'd like to play this Saturday, please vote in the Calendar.

Hermundure
January 14th, 2017, 12:40
Hey Venom, setting in the new pregens didnt work I fear, there are still the ones from our last game inside. Or are these ok and we just take them again?

VenomousFiligree
January 14th, 2017, 13:29
Pregens are:
Ashley May Bethell - Actor
Charles "Mac" McQuinian - Write, Entrepreneur
Daniel von Hollisander - Former Cop / Lawyer
Dennis McCrane - Private Security Consultant
Elizabeth "Liz" Hill - Dillettante
Mathew "Dodge" Grantham - Athlete, Diver

GunbunnyFuFu
January 14th, 2017, 16:45
I'm interested in playing some CoC! I've applied on the campaign page..anything else necessary?

VenomousFiligree
January 14th, 2017, 17:56
I seem to be having Steam issues at the moment, not sure if my account's been hacked... :(

VenomousFiligree
January 14th, 2017, 18:48
Managed to get in but "This account appears to have been used for fraudulent activity."

Gonna have to postpone tonight until I sort things out and get full access.

skybluerob
January 14th, 2017, 19:01
Thanks for letting us know. I hope you get your account sorted out.

Hermundure
January 14th, 2017, 19:02
Thats sad to hear venom!
Maybe you manage to switch FG away from Steam, it has an own starter and auto-updater so its hazzle-free.

damned
January 14th, 2017, 23:21
Managed to get in but "This account appears to have been used for fraudulent activity."

Gonna have to postpone tonight until I sort things out and get full access.

Make sure you have tough paswords on all your accounts.

Ferdia
January 16th, 2017, 11:59
Hi - really interested in playing in these if you have an open spot. I started playing CoC way back in the 80s and have played various iterations since then, most recently 6ed. I've not played 7th yet but would like to do so!

Martin153
January 20th, 2017, 18:21
Hi very interested in this. I am UK player with an ultimate licence. I can normally attend at short notice too. Thanks for reading...

Shogoot
February 8th, 2017, 19:37
Hi there, im new to FantasyGround so im a bit usure on how it all works. Im intrested in CoC though, so pm? me maybe if im suposed to do anything else to aplly for the one shot.

damned
February 9th, 2017, 10:50
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36616-Call-of-Cthulhu-7th-edition-Looking-for-Players

VenomousFiligree
August 10th, 2017, 23:42
Apologies for the "radio silence", job changes along with associated housing changes (I work away from home) have kept me away from FG.

My steam account is now working, is there still interest..? I'm particularly enjoying reading Pulp Cthulhu at the moment.

Hermundure
August 13th, 2017, 12:04
Apologies for the "radio silence", job changes along with associated housing changes (I work away from home) have kept me away from FG.

My steam account is now working, is there still interest..? I'm particularly enjoying reading Pulp Cthulhu at the moment.

I would be with you in some more CoC games 👍

Ekumaex
August 25th, 2017, 21:40
I'd be interested in this game too.

VenomousFiligree
August 25th, 2017, 23:19
My next free slot is Wednesday 6 September at 1900 (UK), does this suit anyone?

Ekumaex
August 26th, 2017, 01:19
Next couple weeks are going to be difficult for me, but after that is good.

Hermundure
August 26th, 2017, 17:53
I am in vacation the next week, after that I am good to go :-)

VenomousFiligree
August 26th, 2017, 20:51
I've just purchased Down Darker Trails (https://www.chaosium.com/down-darker-trails-pdf/) and am contemplating running a mini campaign on Wednesdays, would anyone be interested?

jacobmosovich
August 26th, 2017, 21:10
I'm new to dnd ive ben looking for a friend who will help me set up a game. its been a sad endeavor so far as after building an entire character for it nobody would let a newbie join

VenomousFiligree
August 26th, 2017, 21:30
jacobmosovich, whilst I'm not advertising a D&D game (it's Call of Cthulhu), I'm more than happy to accommodate newbies.

Ekumaex
August 26th, 2017, 21:53
I could start week of the 17th of September, but not before, I'm afraid.

VenomousFiligree
August 26th, 2017, 22:05
Ekumaex, to confirm you're OK with the time, 1900 in the evening UK time?

Ekumaex
August 26th, 2017, 22:23
Apparently I got so excited that I didn't see the UK timezone. This wouldn't have even been much of a problem since my job's flexible, except that it's on Wednesdays, the one day it won't work for me at that time. Sorry to bother you. If your day changes, I'm all in, though.

Ferdia
August 29th, 2017, 15:51
Hi - I'm definitely interested in playing - it's been a few years since I played CoC but I've just bought the 7e rules and I'm very impressed! I'll be away next week but am free to play at 1900 UK (I live in Ireland) on 13 September if that works for you?

VenomousFiligree
August 31st, 2017, 21:43
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?39902-CoC-7e-Pulp-Cthulhu-Down-Darker-Trails-Wednesday-(UK)-Evenings