PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get test connection to work

wardoghavoc
December 30th, 2016, 19:26
Hi all!

I just purchased a new Fantasy Grounds Ultimate license and I have installed the product. Before doing much else I hit the Create New Campaign and tried to run a connection test. After the first failure I updated my PC to use a static IP address and enabled port forwarding on my router. Still no love from the test connection. I was hoping the great and wise forum members to point me in the right direction?

My setup:
ISP - Comcast
Cable Modem - Zoom Cable Modem 3.0 Series 1094
Router - ASUS RT-N66U
PC - Windows 10 Pro, 64bit; 8GB RAM; i7-2600k CPU

Everything is connected through Cat5 cabling.

LordEntrails
December 30th, 2016, 19:48
Ok, one of the guru's will jump in here soon with detailed instructions on how to align the tinfoil hat on your head etc. But I can tell you, since you have both a modem and a router, you will need to port forward port 1802 from your modem to your router, and then from your router to your computer.

And I don't know the ASUS router, but instead of setting a static IP, you may also be able to reserve a specific IP by your computers MAC address. This way if you move your computer to another network (i.e. if its a laptop) you won't have to worry about configuring it for DHCP on the next network you connect to.

Zacchaeus
December 30th, 2016, 21:39
In addition to what LordEntrails says you'll also have to make sure that your AV firewall also allows port 1802 access both inwards and outwards.

damned
December 30th, 2016, 23:10
Lord Entrails is probably on the right track. PM your email if you cant resolve.

wardoghavoc
December 31st, 2016, 00:46
Thanks everyone. I will try both the cable modem and the AV software and see if that works