PDA

View Full Version : Yost's Sunday Night Game

Yost
October 13th, 2005, 02:47
Everything is working quite well. Sunday's game is a go.

Just to clear things up about character generation.

My prefered method is 4d6, disgarding the lowest roll...then arranging the scores to your preference as you roll them..I.E

I roll 4d6 and get 6, 4, 4, 2...I throw out the two..for a 14..I'm wanting a fighter/mage elf...I use this as his strenght score.

I am also open to a point buy system. 28 points is what I'll use. I run low magic games and you attributes are important.

Bertram, you'll need to reroll I think as I believe we miscommunicated about the character generation method. PM me if you wish.

Right now, this campaign has Bertram, Serpent(who will be missing next week), LeapofFaith...I had two other requests to join, and a good friend will also be with us. I will run 5 players only at this time.

LeapOfFaith82
October 13th, 2005, 20:48
Ill be there, may be a little late since I dont get off work til 6 GMT -8, so Ill need to clean up, eat, then Ill log on.

LeapOfFaith82
October 13th, 2005, 22:49
I am also open to a point buy system. 28 points is what I'll use. I run low magic games and you attributes are important.

I think everyone should use the point system so there is no dispute over stats especially if we do not roll in front of you. Especially since there is 5 people playing we will all be "equal". I use the point system since the players can get characters done completely and I dont have to worry about cheating or rolling characters up before the session so we get more accomplished, especially since you will be playing for 4 hours.

BTW what are the other 2 people playing? I preferr a deverse group. 1 of each class in a group preferrably. So everyone is good at something.

Yost
October 14th, 2005, 01:32
The other two have not reported in yet. I'll get them to commit to something.

So far we have a Ranger, Fighter and a wizard. I think all human..except the mage...he is half-elven.

LeapOfFaith82
October 14th, 2005, 04:38
Actually I am multi classing Ranger/Rogue and a little fighter and yes he will be human. But what method are we using? Rolling up stats first game session or the 28 points? And if 28 points what do our main stats start at?

DeadlyAccurate
October 14th, 2005, 06:37
The Irony Games Dice Roller is a great way to send a DM rolls for hit points and stats. It uses PGP encryption, so the DM can verify that the roll is accurate.

https://www.irony.com/mailroll.html

Yost
October 14th, 2005, 15:00
Start at 8. Use the 28 point buy. 1 point each up to 14 etc...

I will allow you to roll your pc on Sunday if you prefer that method. Its completely up to you.

Prince Bertram
October 24th, 2005, 02:44
Yost:

What version do we need to be running? I'm still on version 1.05c, but 1.05d was released a day or two ago. I know 1.05c has stability issues and other problems, but I wanted some others to be guinea pigs for 1.05d so I have not upgraded yet. however, if you have upgraded to 1.05d - then I'll go ahead and do that.

P.S. If I don't hear from you, and I get the message that I cannot connect, I'll do the 1.05d update.

-Prince Bertram

Yost
October 24th, 2005, 02:50
Still using 1.05c...

Serpent
October 27th, 2005, 07:52
im back, game still on for this sunday?, did you all start last sunday or was there still login problems?

Yost
October 27th, 2005, 15:01
We got to play last Sunday, though you missed very little. Just the introductions for the most part.

A few things got decided in your absence..namely, I went with a different point buy system. I'll PM you about the change.

No game this Sunday, as I have obligations with my Church and can't host a game. We ARE on for the following Sunday though.

Yost
October 28th, 2005, 14:07
Please update to version 1.05D.

Yost
October 30th, 2005, 17:22
We WILL be playing next Sunday.. 9pm Central Standard Time.

Yost
November 6th, 2005, 05:26
Pm's sent to all players..hope to see you there.

Yost
November 14th, 2005, 02:08
Server will be up at 8:30pm CST

Syric Blackflame
November 14th, 2005, 02:48
I am interested in joining if there is room.

Delondil
November 14th, 2005, 03:01
I'm guessing this is all full eh? :?

Anyone else doing any weekend games?

Prince Bertram
November 14th, 2005, 03:07
Still Loading Tokens...Connected about a quarter to the hour...20 minutes have passed...still downloading shared tokens...will be there - eventually!

Update: Did a cold boot (finally) and I am trying again. 9:17 PM CST

Update: 9:23 PM CST I have 303(!) Tokens so far at 2.26 MB in the shared tokens directory - still cannot get connected. Anyone else suffering the same issue?

Update 9:31 PM CST - Full Client 1st PC still chugging away on golem.png. Have connected from 2nd PC using a Lite license - but seems locked - no text goes into chat window.

-Prince Bertram

Tyrant Mikey
November 14th, 2005, 03:48
Everything is working quite well. Sunday's game is a go.

Just to clear things up about character generation.

My prefered method is 4d6, disgarding the lowest roll...then arranging the scores to your preference as you roll them..I.E

I roll 4d6 and get 6, 4, 4, 2...I throw out the two..for a 14..I'm wanting a fighter/mage elf...I use this as his strenght score.

Bertram, you'll need to reroll I think as I believe we miscommunicated about the character generation method. PM me if you wish.

Right now, this campaign has Bertram, Serpent(who will be missing next week), LeapofFaith...I had two other requests to join, and a good friend will also be with us. I will run 5 players only at this time.

It's a shame I didn't see this earlier. If one of your players can't make it, please consider sending me an invite!

Yost
November 15th, 2005, 14:55
This game is full right now.

Yost
November 20th, 2005, 00:47
Please update to 1.05E

Serpent
November 21st, 2005, 01:22
updated*

I was curious if we can start the game a little earlier, maybe 7pm CST? (which is like 40min from now i think) as the games are taking some time waiting on people and getting started, and the game was cut short last week due to 'being too late' - so I dont know if its possible for everyone else but i think this might answer a few probs.

Yost
November 21st, 2005, 02:30
Server is up.

Serpent
November 21st, 2005, 02:35
please pm me the server ip or alias, somehow im not able to connect.

Prince Bertram
November 21st, 2005, 02:52
please pm me the server ip or alias, somehow im not able to connect.
Same problem here. Network Error: Could not connect to the host. Check the address and try again.

-Prince Bertram

Yost
November 21st, 2005, 02:55
I can only assume my Internet Service Provider has mistakenly changed my external IP address without telling me...and due the strange configuration they run, I can't determine what it is using the IP address identifying websites...we may have to cancel tonights game.

Yost
November 21st, 2005, 03:04
Could you guys play tomorrow night? Assuming I get this straightened out with my ISP...

Yost
November 21st, 2005, 03:12
No game tonight...we'll talk about an alternate plan.

Serpent
November 21st, 2005, 03:12
nope, cant. Are you connected to a router? if so you can plug directly to your cable and it should work

Prince Bertram
November 21st, 2005, 03:16
Could you guys play tomorrow night? Assuming I get this straightened out with my ISP...
No I can't either. Normally I could but I am running a game Monday night just this once...

-Prince Bertram

Yost
November 21st, 2005, 03:28
I'm on a WIFI connection, and my set up is totally dependent on the ISP..I have no router here..it's all on his side.

So, he has to fix things when they break..unfortunately.

Yost
November 21st, 2005, 03:31
I WILL have this fixed for next week. Please be patient with me guys...

Yost
November 24th, 2005, 00:06
Fixed supposedly...I'll try to test it this week.

Yost
November 27th, 2005, 22:11
for tonights game. I have not tested yet, but my ISP guy says everything is as it should be.

Server will be up around 8:30pm CST