PDA

View Full Version : Does this game automatically level up the characters?

phanboi
December 30th, 2016, 11:37
My players have surpassed the amount of xp needed to level up,but they didn't level up. Does this game automatically level them up and if so how?

Zacchaeus
December 30th, 2016, 11:58
Hi phanboi welcome to FG and to the Community.

No, there's no automatic level up. Obviously FG can't know what the player wants to level up as (since multiclassing is an option) so it leaves it up to the player to decide. Just open up whatever source you have and drag the class onto the space in the character sheet. More information on the character sheet here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Character_Sheet)

LordEntrails
December 30th, 2016, 20:23
Welcome:)

Remember, FG tries to emulate the table top experience of playing RPG's. So a lot of stuff (especially in 5E) is automated, but it's not a game in and by itself.

So, as Mr. Z says, FG can't know what class your players want to level up in, so it doesn't do anything when they get enough experience.

Also, if you haven't checked out the stickies at the top of at least this sub-forum, you'll want to at least skim through those as they have lots of awesome info that even if you don't have the time to read or watch now, you should at least know they are there.

bnotobo
December 31st, 2016, 00:51
actually, dragging the character class over does level you up for all non-optional stuff. If adds HD and HP. I just cant remember the function steps.

Zacchaeus
December 31st, 2016, 00:59
actually, dragging the character class over does level you up for all non-optional stuff. If adds HD and HP. I just cant remember the function steps.

Indeed. But the OP was expecting the characters to automagically level up when they reached the XP point to do so - which doesn't happen.

damned
December 31st, 2016, 01:57
In many/most games leveling up only happens at "safe" times - back in the city, once the dungeon has been vacated and the party rested. The GM is the arbiter on when the leveling can occur.