PDA

View Full Version : Mutants & Masterminds: Looking for GM and Group.

BiggyZ
December 30th, 2016, 07:35
Hi, I'm BiggyZ, and if your like me your having dickens of a time finding a group. I LOVE RPGs, but have never played in a group, or a Tabletop before, but I'm willing to give it a try and learn. What I'm looking for is a group where we all can be ourselves, and a open-minded GM. Now since I am very new to M&M (LOL) I only have the first core book, and unfortunately haven't had much time to read it, so I might need a little help understand terms, mechanics, and rules which would be very appreciated. If interested PM your Skype username, and whether your a GM, or player to my forums profile. Standard and Pacific time.

Kiqjaq
December 30th, 2016, 08:01
I didn't even know we could make polls. That's neat.

BiggyZ
December 30th, 2016, 15:41
I know, right.

BiggyZ
December 31st, 2016, 12:43
Anyone wanna start a Mutants & Masterminds group?

Giddoen
January 13th, 2017, 18:58
HI Guys, I am a GM (love M&M) and have GM'd it since the 1st edition. I have the core books and the FG lic as well. I am pretty new to FG but get the gist of it....I'm more of a story teller GM but do enjoy the combat side of rpg's. If you guys need a seasoned GM let me know...I'm in Texas CST time zone.

MrKinister
January 15th, 2017, 17:54
Hi there. I have to say that I would be an interested player if you are up for GMing. I am experienced in M&M 3e, having run a handful of sessions myself. However, I am quite new to the Fantasy Grounds client, so I would have a lot of questions on that.

I am in LA, so PST.

Giddoen
January 17th, 2017, 03:14
I think the post might be dead as no one has replied?

MrKinister
January 17th, 2017, 03:33
It is possible. However, I am still interested. And I know there is a group of people here that would be very eager to play in an M&M 3e game. I am surprised they haven't mentioned a thing. I will see if I can rustle some of them up.

MrKinister
January 18th, 2017, 04:31
No one around... perhaps it's the beginning of the year, so they are not quite awake from all the food and wine.

Let me know what you want to do. =)

Wookiee420
January 19th, 2017, 16:25
i just dropped a fortune on 5e and Savage World books and stuff, if it wasn't another money sink i would GM a game or 3

MrKinister
January 19th, 2017, 17:12
Surprisingly enough, it only takes one book for M&M 3e. The rest of them are fluff and DC Comics source. If you wanted to GM, and create your own world (which is a time sink in and of itself), all you'd need is that one book, and a heck of an imagination. =)

Wookiee420
January 19th, 2017, 17:45
Yea, im learning savage world right now, idk if my brain can handle a third...but there is a super heroes version of Savage worlds isn't there?

Wookiee420
January 19th, 2017, 18:25
i will totally learn savage worlds super heroes if people want it

MrKinister
January 20th, 2017, 05:54
I like Savage Worlds. At least what little I learned a few years ago.

I was not implying you ought to change your intentions. All I was saying is that as far as investments go, M&M is fairly inexpensive.

I would take you on for that Savage Worlds game. I would have to dig up my books. =)

Wookiee420
January 20th, 2017, 06:07
I like Savage Worlds. At least what little I learned a few years ago.

I was not implying you ought to change your intentions. All I was saying is that as far as investments go, M&M is fairly inexpensive.

I would take you on for that Savage Worlds game. I would have to dig up my books. =)

If there is a desire for a full lasting game i will get it and build one

Giddoen
January 21st, 2017, 01:45
Well I'm still up for GM'ing if we can get at least 3 players.....I'm still learning FG but I like Skype for video chat as I like the face to face aspect of gaming so video will be needed.

JP

MrKinister
January 30th, 2017, 06:45
Well, I am up for it. I will have to dig my books up. It may take a while since I really do not remember where I put them. If other people express interest, I am in. I am relatively unfamiliar with FG, so this would be a wonderful opportunity to learn it.

SilverEagle82
February 1st, 2017, 23:58
I would love to be in a M&M game. I have the ruleset already for it

MrKinister
February 2nd, 2017, 00:25
Hello Silver,

This thread is actually about a Savage Worlds supers game. While some of us would like to play M&M, Giddeon is interested in Savage Worlds, since he's recently gotten all the material for it.

You may have to find a M&M game with another GM.

SilverEagle82
February 2nd, 2017, 01:24
I have the sw supers stuff as well I am still game

MrKinister
February 2nd, 2017, 01:38
Hey, great! It's up to Giddeon, then. =)

Wookiee420
February 2nd, 2017, 05:52
I would be willing to play still also

SheckyS
April 4th, 2017, 19:52
If this game is still ongoing, I would LOVE to join. Very experienced with FG, but new to M&M. Please let me know if there's any open spots. I'd like to play, but would be willing to GM occasionally at some point in the future once I get more familiar with the system. :)

I'm in EDT. Weekends are usually good for me, unless it conflicts with either of the bi-weekly games I am already in. :)

MrKinister
April 8th, 2017, 01:22
Well, I haven't heard a thing from Giddeon. I have to surmise that his interest in running the game was taken up by something else.

Artaron
April 20th, 2017, 00:09
Anyone else thinking of running a superhero Mutants & Masterminds game?

MrKinister
April 20th, 2017, 02:05
No, we all want to play. Do you want to run?

Artaron
April 20th, 2017, 03:07
I'm new to the system and don't have the time to run a game myself, but will keep an eye on this thread

SheckyS
April 20th, 2017, 15:38
As far as M&M goes, the FantasyGrounds community seems to be pretty dead. Not sure exactly why. Maybe it's because the M&M modules on FG are so dated and so far behind the other game platforms in terms of functionality. But whatever the reason, I've had a lot more success finding M&M games on Roll20.

Machaflare
October 30th, 2019, 03:04
My friends and I have also started looking to play M&M, so if you ever are looking for a few plays let me know.

MrKinister
October 30th, 2019, 03:14
There was a new M&M GM here a few weeks ago. He is relatively new to M&M and looking to learn the system. I had a session with him, but he's postponed the game for now due to a lack of players. Would you fellas like me to contact him to see if he wants to pick up again? How many of you are there?

MrKinister
October 30th, 2019, 18:01
Ok, so I spoke with the GM, and he feels he's not quite ready to run a game. Bummer. I thought he was doing well.

Let me know if you guys find a GM. =)

Machaflare
October 31st, 2019, 01:45
Yeah if you could do that it'd be very appreciated, and there are 3-4 of us who would be able to play.