PDA

View Full Version : Aderra (Homebrew World) D&D 5E LFP - U.S. EST

Salz78
December 30th, 2016, 05:59
UPDATE 1/27/16: We've had one spot open up in this campaign. Still planning to start on February 4th. Please PM me or post here if interested.

Hello all! I and some friends are looking to start up a new campaign but some of our regular players can no longer play due to work/kids, so we're looking for some fun people to help fill in our ranks. Please review the info below and let me know if you have any questions at all. I had posted a while back about doing a Mass Effect campaign, unfortunately that is on hold for a while as the it's taking a lot more work than I expected, so for those of you who showed an interest in that, it's coming, but it will be a while.

FG License: I have a normal license, so each player will need their own.

Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: Eastern U.S.

Play Time: 8:00 P.M. (Server will usually be up at least 30 minutes earlier for people who want to get on to review notes, hang out, etc.)

Days: Saturdays

Frequency: Every two weeks (with the understanding that life may interfere from time to time) / About 4 – 5 hours per session / Looking for potential long term players (if we get along of course)

Planned Start Date: Saturday, February 4 (May try to meet sooner to make characters if possible)

Text/Voice: Text & Voice

Voice Software: Discord (Free)

Roleplay & Combat Mix: Combat and exploration heavy but I try to inject puzzles, riddles, and a good dose of roleplaying, world lore, and some humor.

Character Starting Level & Equipment: Level 3. Equipment and background will be worked out in discussions with me.

Character Restrictions: 5E official books. We’ll get together and create characters in FG. I’m open to a wide range of options for character types and backgrounds!

Scenario Details: We’ll start with the “Princes of the Apocalypse” module adapted to my homebrew world – Aderra. Here’s the shortened version (more detailed version of events provided on request): Centuries ago, three Ardai (powerful immortals that serve the gods) defied divine law and descended to the mortal world to conquer it so that they could rule and be worshipped like the gods. A fourth Ardai intervened on the side of the mortals, aiding in the fight against them. The war was won by the mortals after almost five hundred years. The Ardai called Ithan aided the mortals in awakening the dragons from a long slumber. The dragons selected certain mortals and blessed them with draconic power. These champions, Kanai, led the united peoples to victory. The gods returned and punished the rebellious Ardai. Each Ardai was cursed into the form of a monstrous colossus and eternally bound with chains to one of four great mountains that the gods raised up – the Godtruth Mountains. Until the end of time the four are compelled to pull against the mountains like great anchors to prevent the collapse of the world into a great void know as the Godtomb.

The gift of the Kanai passed on to their descendants, but now many of the bloodlines have passed into memory, and many of those who still carry the gift do not even know from where it came. A few of the lines actively sought to keep their bloodline strong and through the millennia passed down the true knowledge of the gift. The remaining Kanai have been summoned by an unknown mystical force to the ancient fortress where the dragons first gave the gift to mortals. Rumors abound that a cult is seeking to free one of the Ardai from his prison and bring about a new dark age and that assassins have been targeting the Kanai descendants, for legend has it only their power can stop an Ardai.

PCs will have the choice to be the descendant of a Kanai and therefore directly summoned to the fortress, or be a normal mortal who somehow gets caught up in the events taking place. Kanai PCs will have a 7th ability score that determines their bloodline strength and brings with it some advantages but disadvantages as well.

About The DM: I like to create my own worlds, but I also don’t mind drawing off history, mythology, video games and official adventures. So, sometimes I’ll run an official adventure but set it in my world and add my own side quests and tie into a bigger storyline of mine somehow. I’ve been dming for many years, but only a few with Fantasy Grounds and am still learning some of its tricks.

About Us: I and my current players have been friends since high school (now in our late thirties) and have just gotten back into D&D over the last few years with Fantasy Grounds. We may get sidetracked talking about the newest Star Wars movie or video game release or whatever, so if you’re someone who has to be 100% focused on the campaign the entire time, then we may not be the group for you – but we love to play and just have a good time. We try to follow the rules but are not against having a discussion on how a rule is interpreted, though final word rests with the DM.

Link To Gamecalendar Page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2329

Artemis_Entreri
December 30th, 2016, 21:06
Hi there This sounds like something I would be interested in playing in. It fits into what I am looking for or am open to in my post. I have no experience in 5e but i do have a pretty good D&D bacground dating back to 2nd Edition. I also have experience in other Rpg Systems Such as Whitewolf's World of Darkness,The Elric Rpg, as well as Gurps. If you'd like more background rpg experience etc from me feel free to message me.

Salz78
December 31st, 2016, 05:47
Hi Artemis, I went and read your post, sounds like you know what you're doing. If you can put up with us I think we'd be glad to have you. I'll shoot you a PM with more details soon.

Artemis_Entreri
December 31st, 2016, 21:06
Hi Artemis, I went and read your post, sounds like you know what you're doing. If you can put up with us I think we'd be glad to have you. I'll shoot you a PM with more details soon.

I have experience in the older versions. I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to 5E and Gf, but have been reading articles and watching videos on both to become better familiarized with both. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and gaming with everyone :)

MattyFrazier
January 1st, 2017, 03:26
I'm new to FG and 5E, last time I played was 3.5 and it was awhile ago....As long as you guys can put up with a FG/5E rookie I think I'd be a good fit. Definitely interested in a long term campaign as well. Have a couple character ideas already brewing. LMK. Thanks!

derabus
January 1st, 2017, 18:22
Hello good sir,
I've been using FG for a few years now and find myself seeking a new group of adventurers (my group kind of died out) and it seems that not only are we in the same time zone but both of us have a bit of experience under our belt.
if you'll have me, I would love to join you fellas.

Chucky Larms
January 1st, 2017, 21:27
Your campaign sounds exceedingly interesting and I was hoping I could join in some aspect. I'll will also be sending you a private message in hopes of contacting you.

Salz78
January 1st, 2017, 22:36
Hey guys, thanks for all the responses! Several people have also applied through the Game Calendar. I'll start sending messages out to those of you who expressed interest to see if we're a good fit for each other. I think I've got enough applicants to fill our empty spots now. Look forward to gaming with some of you!

Salz78
January 2nd, 2017, 00:09
Sorry, double post!

Salz78
January 27th, 2017, 20:57
We've had one spot open up in this campaign. Still planning to start on February 4th. Please PM me or post here if interested.

Salz78
January 28th, 2017, 02:27
Spot has been filled. Thanks all!