PDA

View Full Version : Encounter token placement issues

noxioustaco
December 30th, 2016, 04:56
I'm either total dumb *** or just clueless.

When I open an encounter and it shows the <whatever> it has checkmarks for placement, but if I left click on them it changes to the token and doesn't place them if I then launch the encounter.

How do I get it back to show all Checks for all tokens?

see attached for my dilemma.

Thanks

LordEntrails
December 30th, 2016, 05:12
Can't see your attachment yet (pending approval for some reason).

Anyway, the check marks are for placement per se. They tell you that that instance of the NPC/token has already been placed on a map. To get it to show, in the bottom left corner of the encounter is a down arrow. Click that, it will add the NPCs to the Combat Tracker and add them to the map that they have been pre-placed on.

If you left click on the check marks, you are actually unplacing them from the map :(

noxioustaco
December 30th, 2016, 05:22
Yes, so before I even place them on the map or click the down arrow; I left click them and it changes from a check mark ( to be placed on the map) to the token that will show on the map.

Then when I click the down arrow to place them the ones with the token ( now showing) are not placed, but the check marked ones are placed.

LordEntrails
December 30th, 2016, 05:27
Yep, do not left click on any of the check marks. By doing that you are removing their placement.

If you accidentally left click and unplace them, you can (I think) go to the encounter list (from the GM icons on the right) and right click "Revert Changes". Then re-open the encounter, don't left click on any of the check marks, and then add the encounter to the CT and map with the arrow.

noxioustaco
December 30th, 2016, 05:32
OK, so maybe I am just doing it wrong.
If I place them on the map after I manually click on them, they go back to check marks and then I can auto place them.

Maybe I should just stop clicking on stuff and play on.

damned
December 30th, 2016, 06:09
OK, so maybe I am just doing it wrong.
If I place them on the map after I manually click on them, they go back to check marks and then I can auto place them.

Maybe I should just stop clicking on stuff and play on.

yes - stop digging!
Check the User Guide - go to Encounters.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/FantasyGroundsUserManual.pdf

LordEntrails
December 30th, 2016, 19:45
Yes, when you open up the encounter, the only thing you should click on is the load to CT arrow :)