PDA

View Full Version : PFS 08-01 - Portent's Peril Saturday Dec. 31th 18:00 GMT

KevenSimmons
December 30th, 2016, 04:40
PFS 08-01 - Portent's Peril Saturday Dec. 31th 18:00 GMT
(1:00pm U.S. Eastern)

I find myself with some time available in my weekend schedule, so I'll pull together another session of "Portent's Peril" if I can get enough players for a New Year's Eve game on such short notice.

A harrow reading foretells of a dark fate looming near for the city of Korvosa. Is the dire warning a final chance to bend the path of destiny and avert the impending disaster?

Pathfinder Society Scenario #8–01: Portent’s Peril is a Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for a table of 4-6 characters of 1st through 5th-level (Subtiers 1–2 and 4–5). This will be run as a normal (not core) game. Run time will be approx. 5 hours.

Please use this thread to register for the game by posting your:
Character name, level, class
Previous Chronicle Sheet
Inventory Tracking Sheet
Fantasy Grounds Character XML file
Portrait

if you prefer to send the files in email, you can send them to Keven[at-sign]SimmonsAsylum.com

The game calendar is: Calendar Entry (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2332)

FG Server address/alias: keen roll huge hook
FG Community TeamSpeak Server: ts.fg-con.com password: Dungeoneers

xazil
December 30th, 2016, 05:01
I should be good to come along, lots of options in lower tier, higher tier I have a paladin. Core I have less options, but some.

Vladlock
December 30th, 2016, 05:36
would love to get in on this, like xazil i have lots of options for low tier, core or otherwise. (Always down to make a new character.)

kananesgi
December 30th, 2016, 05:43
Have a level 3 hunter thats been hiding in her room for almost 6 months, starting to get cabin fever and ready to go get some fresh air and kill a few things.

bigboom
December 30th, 2016, 07:47
Count me in!

I've got a front-liner medium or oracle medic for low tier. For high tier, I've got a front-liner skald. I have a slight preference for playing my low tier front-liner, but I'm good with anything really.

If we switch to core, I've got some characters available for both tiers as well.

Blackfoot
December 30th, 2016, 12:31
I'm up for this one. I have lots of options for either subtier. Blackfoot the Wolf Male Half-Orc Feral Hunter/2.0
Grum the Thug Male Half-orc Rogue (Thug)/5.0
Iggy Toymaker Male Dwarf Alchemist/2.2
Daydrocandri Male Gnome Oracle/3.1
Thumpinollo Male Gnome Sacred Shield Paladin/3.0
Brom of the Stone Male Dwarf Menhir Savant Druid/3.1
Pugnacious Twiddlebury Male Gnome Summoner/2.1
Spirit Walker Male Gnome Spirit Totem Barbarian/4.2
Pyros of the Inferno Male Ifrit Cleric/2.0.5
Oban Ze Male Ifrit Sorcerer 2.1
Alphonso Marosi Male Ifrit Swashbuckler/1.2
Thoom Male Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain/3.0
Lucky the Archaeologist Male Halfling Archaeologist/2.0
Male Kitsune Brawler (Wild Child)/2.2
Grunt Trollblood Male Half-Orc Barbarian/2.0
*Grippli* Male Grippli Shaman/1

I can go any which way depending on the group.

KevenSimmons
December 30th, 2016, 13:14
wow, I wasn't expecting to get a legal table so quickly - this is great. Here's some non-spoiler info that might help you make a character choice. This is an urban scenario that takes place entirely within the city of Korvosa; there is no wilderness trekking or delving of ancient ruins. Lots of opportunities for NPC interactions. As always however, a mix of skills can prove helpful.

KevenSimmons
December 30th, 2016, 13:20
I'm up for this one. I have lots of options for either subtier.
Liberty's Edge Blackfoot the Wolf Male Half-Orc Feral Hunter/2.0
Grand Lodge Grum the Thug Male Half-orc Rogue (Thug)/5.0
Silver Crusade Iggy Toymaker Male Dwarf Alchemist/2.2
Silver Crusade Daydrocandri Male Gnome Oracle/3.1
Silver Crusade Thumpinollo Male Gnome Sacred Shield Paladin/3.0
Liberty's Edge Brom of the Stone Male Dwarf Menhir Savant Druid/3.1
The Exchange Pugnacious Twiddlebury Male Gnome Summoner/2.1
Grand Lodge Spirit Walker Male Gnome Spirit Totem Barbarian/4.2
Dark Archive Pyros of the Inferno Male Ifrit Cleric/2.0.5
Scarab Sages Oban Ze Male Ifrit Sorcerer 2.1
Dark Archive Alphonso Marosi Male Ifrit Swashbuckler/1.2
Silver Crusade Thoom Male Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain/3.0
Scarab Sages Lucky the Archaeologist Male Halfling Archaeologist/2.0
Grand Lodge Male Kitsune Brawler (Wild Child)/2.2
Grand Lodge Grunt Trollblood Male Half-Orc Barbarian/2.0
Grand Lodge *Grippli* Male Grippli Shaman/1

I can go any which way depending on the group.

Sheesh Blackfoot... it probably takes you longer to type in your existing character list than it would for you to make up a new character ��

Blackfoot
December 30th, 2016, 14:13
wow, I wasn't expecting to get a legal table so quickly - this is great. Here's some non-spoiler info that might help you make a character choice. This is an urban scenario that takes place entirely within the city of Korvosa; there is no wilderness trekking or delving of ancient ruins. Lots of opportunities for NPC interactions. As always however, a mix of skills can prove helpful.
Based on this, I'd probably like to bring: Grand Lodge Grum the Thug Male Half-orc Rogue (Thug)/5.0
Grum's Inventory Tracking Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YAzYLnJ8oiq3SCy1Bz8UkOC1WpyXQa-R3cE9Cvhh98k/edit?usp=sharing)

(and actually.. that's pretty much a copy and paste from my alias list on paizo.com)

Grum's Chronicle has an issue where I purchased an illegal item (potion of feather step)... so he should have 482gp instead of 432gp.. and of course.. no potion.

cmdisc
December 30th, 2016, 14:21
Sign me up. Lots of character options for either subtier as well. Will look them over and post them later today.

HoloGnome
December 30th, 2016, 20:34
Any chance of a core run? I'm interested either way, but woukd prefer core, assuming ok with all others.

Also, sorry for replying in the annoncement thread. I thought I was here and was on a small mobile screen.

kananesgi
December 30th, 2016, 20:42
I'm new here, so forgive my ignorance. What is "core"? Are you talking about coreRPG? How does that apply to a PFS game?

The hunter 3 is the only character I have I think. But I can always run a pregen or maybe make a new character if needed.

KevenSimmons
December 30th, 2016, 21:09
Core is basically a PFS game where the only legal content for player characters is material found in the Core Rulebook. For this session I would rather stick with standard (not core) if it means a player can use their own character rather than be 'forced' to use a pregen.

By my count, I think we have seven players posting interest, so we are one over the limit.

kananesgi
December 30th, 2016, 21:32
Well, I can drop out. I've got two other perspective games starting soon, so I can live without this one I guess.

bsktballchmp85
December 30th, 2016, 21:39
id definitely be down to play this if there is an opening. its amazging how fast this filled up. I didn't even get a chance to see it until after it was already full

KevenSimmons
December 30th, 2016, 21:54
Well, I can drop out. I've got two other perspective games starting soon, so I can live without this one I guess.
Thanks for offering up your seat Kananesgi. Given the unexpected interest, I'll try to plan another session a little later in January - maybe you can sit in on that one.

That leaves us with the following at the table: holognome, xazil, vladlock, bigboom, blackfoot, and cmdisc

With bsktballchmp85 as an alternate in the event someone needs to drop.

Is there anyone that doesn't have a character option if the game goes core ?

bsktballchmp85
December 30th, 2016, 21:56
I have characters for both level 2 fighter (core) and level 3 sorc for normal

bsktballchmp85
December 30th, 2016, 22:00
damn it looks like I already played this game with my sorc. it was her last game back in November so she would not be able to play this but I could come up with another level 1 character pretty quick if needed

KevenSimmons
December 31st, 2016, 01:59
So... I'm trying these online poll things out because... why not. Two different services. The first is a simple "pick one" choice

https://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=58670f02e4b0fd8c7bd268e0

and this second one lets you rank your preferences in order:

https://www.pollandmatch.com/chooser?pollownerid=6423743307972608&pollid=5629499534213120

I have no experience with either of these - just thought I would give them a try. The second one asks for an email address, but I can't find much regarding their privacy policy so if you use it, I would suggest entering a throw-away email.

cmdisc
December 31st, 2016, 02:20
Change of plans here. Looks like I'm taking the family to an afternoon showing of the Fantastic Beasts movie. So my spot is open to someone else now.

Enjoy guys. I'll have to catch this the next time around. And FYI, I'm not doing anything specific on the afternoon of the 1st if anyone happens to be running anything (hint, hint)......

Blackfoot
December 31st, 2016, 02:34
So... I'm trying these online poll things out because... why not. Two different services. The first is a simple "pick one" choice

https://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=58670f02e4b0fd8c7bd268e0

and this second one lets you rank your preferences in order:

https://www.pollandmatch.com/chooser?pollownerid=6423743307972608&pollid=5629499534213120

I have no experience with either of these - just thought I would give them a try. The second one asks for an email address, but I can't find much regarding their privacy policy so if you use it, I would suggest entering a throw-away email.The 1st poll is kinda a bust... everyone has voted for something different so far. :)

Blackfoot
December 31st, 2016, 03:13
Well, I can drop out. I've got two other perspective games starting soon, so I can live without this one I guess.The word is 'PROspective' not 'PERspective' it relates to the prospect of an upcoming game not the mental view of an upcoming game... or the spacial relationships of an upcoming game on a 2 dimensional surface... ain't English grand. :)

KevenSimmons
December 31st, 2016, 03:34
So, early to bed, early to rise for me. I'll see how the polls tallied up in the morning.

Vladlock
December 31st, 2016, 04:06
Here is the info for my characters depending on if we play core or not.
Core is Holip a Halfling Rogue 1
normal will be Kara a human Cleric 1 (fresh Character)

goodmanje
December 31st, 2016, 04:18
Jaarpo, level 1, Monk
Previous Chronicle Sheet - none
Inventory Tracking Sheet - none
Fantasy Grounds Character XML file - attached
Portrait - attached

Blackfoot
December 31st, 2016, 05:58
Based on the 1st poll votes..
The lower subtier Standard changes my options a little.. Blackfoot the Wolf Male Half-Orc Feral Hunter/2.0
Iggy Toymaker Male Dwarf Alchemist/2.2
Daydrocandri Male Gnome Oracle/3.1
Thumpinollo Male Gnome Sacred Shield Paladin/3.0
Brom of the Stone Male Dwarf Menhir Savant Druid/3.1
Pugnacious Twiddlebury Male Gnome Summoner/2.1
Pyros of the Inferno Male Ifrit Cleric/2.0.5
Oban Ze Male Ifrit Sorcerer 2.1
Alphonso Marosi Male Ifrit Swashbuckler/1.2
Thoom Male Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain/3.0
Lucky the Archaeologist Male Halfling Archaeologist/2.0
Male Kitsune Brawler (Wild Child)/2.2
Grunt Trollblood Male Half-Orc Barbarian/2.0
*Grippli* Male Grippli Shaman/1

KevenSimmons
December 31st, 2016, 12:31
So it looks like we will be playing Normal (not core) in the lower tier. Sadly for bsktballchmp85, that means he won't be able to replay the scenario, but it does mean that there is now a space available for goodmanje. If you haven't posted or emailed me your character info yet, please do so. See you in a few hours.

Just as an aside, I found the online poll things to be helpful so I may use them again in the future.

HoloGnome
December 31st, 2016, 13:09
Ok...I guess count me out, too. Sorry, I have played RPG mode and will be coming in hot after a long drive. So, the 10 lb. bag is full with 50 lbs. of crap so to speak. The Peril is too perilous! :D

bigboom
December 31st, 2016, 13:23
I'll bring a fighter 1 / medium 1 front-liner. I'll post the details before game time...I'm working on putting the XML together now.... Seeya soon!

bigboom
December 31st, 2016, 14:42
And here's my character's last chronicle, token, and XML...

Blackfoot
December 31st, 2016, 15:28
OK. So we have:
Cavalier 2
Medium 1/Fighter 1
Cleric 1
Monk 1
Sounds like lots of melee.. not much magic or skillness.
.. sounds like we will need some sort of face character that does magic ..
Looks like a job for Lucky.
Inventory Tracking Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bOE37fL_AWU6i1eLYnKYFvmRu9tb5DU1MIABD7ZkdC0/edit?usp=sharing)

cmdisc
December 31st, 2016, 17:25
Sorry that I can't bring my 2nd level variant negative channeling cleric of Urgathoa. Hitting all targets in a 30ft spread with Shaken and Sickened is a sizeable debuff at low levels that helps the front line AND the save/suck casters. Just as long as he remembers to use his Selective channel feat.......

Blackfoot
December 31st, 2016, 17:28
Sorry that I can't bring my 2nd level variant negative channeling cleric of Urgathoa. Hitting all targets in a 30ft spread with Shaken and Sickened is a sizeable debuff at low levels that helps the front line AND the save/suck casters. Just as long as he remembers to use his Selective channel feat.......Then I would have had to bring my Cleric of Ymeri.. the flame channeler... it's just as well you aren't coming. :)

KevenSimmons
January 2nd, 2017, 23:39
Here are the chronicles - I will also email to you if I have your address.
Please review and let me know if you see any errors that need to be corrected.