PDA

View Full Version : Question before a purchase

Pennywise
December 30th, 2016, 01:14
Is there a 2E AD&D rule set to be released in the near future? I watched your video and was very interested but I didn't see and 2E support.

dulux-oz
December 30th, 2016, 01:19
Hi Pennywise, and Welcome! to the Community,

There is a Community 2E Ruleset which I believe is reasonably popular, but nothing official (SmiteWorks and everybody else can't get a license, I believe). There are a few 2E games going on, both using the 2E Ruleset and the "plain-old" CoreRPG Ruleset, so that particular RPG can be played - actually, just about all RPGs can be played with FG, just with differing amounts of automation (from "typical"around the table with pencil and paper automation right thru to the latest and greatest automation which you'll find in the 5E Ruleset, and everything in between) :)

My advice: jump in! You won't regret it at all, no matter what your preferred RPG is :)

Cheers

damned
December 30th, 2016, 04:44
The Wizards dont seem to have any desire to license their older stuff so there will not be an official ruleset.
There is a community/commercial 1e ruleset in development. Its a community ruleset but it will need the commercial ($10) Castles&Crusades ruleset to make it work.

Answulf
December 30th, 2016, 05:46
Welcome Pennywise! If you haven't already done so, Castles and Crusades is definitely worth strong consideration. It was designed with backwards compatibility in mind and will easily run 2E stuff with minimal conversion needed - you pretty much just have to reverse ACs.

damned
December 30th, 2016, 06:07
Welcome Pennywise! If you haven't already done so, Castles and Crusades is definitely worth strong consideration. It was designed with backwards compatibility in mind and will easily run 2E stuff with minimal conversion needed - you pretty much just have to reverse ACs.

I feel that it is more 1e but otherwise I fully agree - it is a great ruleset and it is outstanding value!