PDA

View Full Version : New campaign - Castles & Crusades

Andraax
December 29th, 2016, 22:17
I'm looking for 6-8 players for a new campaign.

The Company of the Ivory Scimitar has advertised for new adventurers to delve within a dungeon of unknown proportions below a legendary keep. You have decided to join this crew and seek your riches and fame.

The party needs at least one of each Fighter, Cleric, Wizard, and Rogue.

We will be playing Wednesday nights, 7-10pm US/Central each week. Character creation will be individual and involve some role playing as you will be negotiating your contract with the Company. Please have a player background ready before character creation, and will announce a starting date and time after I have ll players ready and in agreement. I run my games using TeamSpeak for voice chat.

PM me with your email if you're interested, and we'll discuss more details.

Barak
December 31st, 2016, 20:11
Hi Andaax,
I initially tried sending this via private message but your box is too full and it isn't accepting any messages so i decided to post this here in the mean time.

My name is Barak and I saw your thread and was hoping I could be a part of your campaign. The reason I would be a good fit for your campaign is because I work both as an after school teacher and in a Home for recovering addicts and individuals with mental illness. From my jobs I have learned the value of patience and it is one of the skills I have come to appreciate and develop over the years. I started with this because I have been DMing for the past two years for various groups with my longest lasting group being a year before the campaign came to a close. From the experience of being a DM I have learned a lot about working together and ensuring that everyone has a chance to shine and have fun. What i mean by this is that I have learned to work together with my fellow players to solve conflicts and reach resolutions that make both parties happy. But i also want to say that I enjoy having character drama as long as it is mutual between me and the other player(s). I have no problem with their being conflict between characters and enjoy having it. Let me explain what I mean by this. In a campaign i was part of as a player my character was often the individual who would be pranked by our groups warlock. Now my character would often get mad about it but I the player loved it. I found the experience to be so much fun and highly encouraged the other player to keep it up because it was a fun and interesting character dynamic that made it so the character I was playing felt unique.

My characters also usually have a reason for adventuring (something I like discussing with the dm) to help me get a clearer feel so I have drives while adventuring. I am open to playing most types of characters but have a clear cut preference for frontline tacticians. This usually translates into me being a barbarian wolf totem, fighter battlemaster, and Paladin of some sort. I usually have the personality encompass the thinking with a clear understanding that if a character has an 8 in intelligence that means I am not book smart and may not know the terms commonly used in strategies but my 12 wisdom means I am smart on my feet and can react to various situations.

I hope I have given you some insights into who I am and how I like to play at the table. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me and I will respond as quickly as I can.

Andraax
January 20th, 2017, 20:51
Bump. Still looking for players.

Zhern
January 21st, 2017, 03:07
Already spoke to you via PM. I'm up for it. Hopefully others will be soon too.

Andraax
January 21st, 2017, 03:12
Yeah, once we get enough players, I'll schedule a few sessions.

JohnD
January 21st, 2017, 03:50
Everyone who is looking for a game could do a heck of a lot worse than this... Andraax runs a great game.

Crisp
January 21st, 2017, 05:47
Just sent PM

BartJ
January 24th, 2017, 20:11
Hi all, thanks Andraax for your reply to my "noob post" I'm in if I can still. I will only need some instructions if this will be not a problem to connect to session.

Andraax
January 24th, 2017, 20:18
PM me your email address - i'm still working on deciding a date / time. I'm running a poll right now for that, so I'll add you.

Talyn
January 24th, 2017, 20:41
Given my situation, I'll just skip the poll because my vote won't matter anyway. :)

Varsuuk
January 25th, 2017, 04:09
I'm still very interested in the future for a C&C anything ;) and SW WoD.

Unfortunately, due to work and my son's needs only late EST games work. I don't get him asleep until earliest 9:45 and like today, sometimes 10:40. So far i've been 1 hour late for one 5e game and in time for second. Tomorrow is third (if on) so hoping I could mutinies to be able to make em as I have.

If so, I will definitely try to get in another campaign. So maybe in future Andrade, heard good things. :). Hope you guys have a blast!

Andraax
January 25th, 2017, 04:17
Benadryl. :-D

Varsuuk
January 25th, 2017, 04:30
!

... I'm certainly not saying I would consider this... certainly not... ;)

lol... I love the little boy... he's had sleep issues since 12 months tho. He isn't even part Elf. Last Elf I dated dumped me.

Andraax
January 25th, 2017, 04:34
I actually had a pediatrician tell me that once. She said "if you can't get enough rest, you can't take care of your kid. A little Benadryl once in a while on bad nights won't hurt."

Talyn
January 31st, 2017, 01:24
lol

Hey @Andraax I didn't do the poll since my job situation. And Feb 1 I will still be on this trip; won't be home til noon EST on the 2nd. But if you want to either email or PM me (or PM on Discord if you're there) with what characters were made and what you'd like me to do for role who'd be in- and out- of the party.

vodokar
January 31st, 2017, 02:09
I think I'll jump in on this one if room is still available. I'll pm my contact.

Andraax
January 31st, 2017, 02:36
First post updated with the decided day / time.

Warpiggy
February 1st, 2017, 15:06
PM me your email address - i'm still working on deciding a date / time. I'm running a poll right now for that, so I'll add you.

Hey man,

Saw a response in one of my threads.
You still looking for players?

I'm brand spanking new to FG, but anxious to join a game.

Andraax
February 1st, 2017, 15:51
Send me a PM with your email address, I'll be in touch.

Warpiggy
February 1st, 2017, 16:01
I assume PM is a 'Personal Message'?
How do I do that? LOL!!!
Forgive my ignorance, I'm stumbling through the basics of this forum page. haha

Talyn
February 1st, 2017, 22:25
Just click his name on one of his posts, and a menu will drop down. One of the options is "Private Message."

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17723&stc=1&d=1485987917