View Full Version : Unable to install

raskal
December 29th, 2016, 12:59
Hello
I have each time the same error on installation

Bidmaron
December 29th, 2016, 13:09
Hey, rascal, welcome to the FG forums!

Please list the exact steps you have taken to get the indicated message. Which version of the license do you have? Did you buy from Steam or the FG store?

Soon, Dulux will chime in with his list of tutorial videos you will want to consider watching to kick start your game.

raskal
December 29th, 2016, 13:39
Please list the exact steps you have taken to get the indicated message.
i added the xxxxxxx number to the settings panel and now i have no more error. But at the end, i click on "close" and nothing happens (no product installed)
Which version of the license do you have?
Fantasy_Grounds_-_Full_License_(xxxxxxxx)

Did you buy from Steam or the FG store?
By DriveThru

Trenloe
December 29th, 2016, 14:39
In the settings window enter your FG website "User Name" in the "Fantasy Grounds Store Purchases" section and click "Update", then enter your password and click "Login". Then click the "OK" button at the bottom of the settings window. On the Updater window don't press "Close, press the "Update" button.

raskal
December 29th, 2016, 15:01
I do that before :
But after i clicked on close nothing happens

Trenloe
December 29th, 2016, 15:21
That's an old installer. Download and use this one: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/FGWebInstall.exe

raskal
December 29th, 2016, 15:39
I have the same effect : install ok but after the click on close nothings happens
after i checked my hard drive and i find C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds with the exe file to launch.
I am very disappointed by the global installation quality

I tried to create a D&D 5 character : does not works buy i buyed Fantasy_Grounds_D&D_Complete_Core_Class_Pack

Trenloe
December 29th, 2016, 15:44
The installation normally works pretty smoothly. I'm guessing there is some security/AV software on your system that might be blocking the full update/install process.

For guidelines on creating a character I'd recommend you watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nurEMR4JJeU You'll want to activate the PHB module in the library to get access to it's content. This is shown in the video starting at 4:00.

raskal
December 29th, 2016, 15:52
I am afraid that this not a AV issue : i had never this problem before. The Fantasy Ground is not on Program List

For creating character, i see 5E ruleset but i have no extension for 5E and i buy on rpgnow :
Fantasy Grounds - Full License FGWebInstall.exe
Fantasy Grounds: D&D Complete Core Class Pack FantasyGroundsUserManual.pdf

Myrdin Potter
December 29th, 2016, 16:01
My daughter had the same issue updating, it would run and say nothing even though she knew she was from a prior version. Her solution was to create an account here at this website and then sign in using that account (user name and password in the updater in settings).

If you have downloaded the updated installer as Trenloe said and used a more recent form of the updater while signed/loggedin via the updater, then I am not familiar enough with buying through Drivethru. But what you are seeing in no update even when it runs was caused by not entering the user name and password in the updater. Generally, it would be "rascal" and whatever you used as your password here ...

Trenloe
December 29th, 2016, 16:04
I'd recommend you remove everything that has been installed:

From the settings window make note of the General -> App Directory and Data Directory.
Close the settings window and delete the App Directory and Data Directory noted in step #1 (and all of their contents).
Using Windows Registry Edit, delete the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Fantasy Grounds" entry.

This should have removed all of the "stuff" that was previously downloaded and configured.

Then, using the latest FGWebInstall (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/FGWebInstall.exe) file do a new install. *Do not* change any of the default file installation locations, leave these as default.

Then, in the settings screen, enter your license number, and FG user name and password, and run the update. Monitor you Security/AV application/s for any messages regarding the FG applications.

raskal
December 29th, 2016, 16:23
Installation is ok.
But i can't create a D&D 5 character (icons are grey) and i buyed the D&D Complete Core Class Pack

Myrdin Potter
December 29th, 2016, 16:31
Can you verify that the license key worked and you are not using the demo version? It will say in the chat screen when you start up.

I am not familiar with how FG knows about content bought at DTRPG (for the players handbook) but you need to activate any modules you want to use. Normally you would create a campaign and choose 5e. You would then click on the library icon in the lower bottom right, and then choose modules. You need to activate each module you want to use. You do that by clicking on the book icon.

If you do not see the PHB listed there, then someone will have to help you, but the SRD rules should be there and that will at least let you start.

Please note that FG is not a character editor/creator. You need to follow a certain order and then most of the process is automated, but if you go out of order or go back and change things manually FG may not update bonuses and such.

Trenloe
December 29th, 2016, 17:03
But i can't create a D&D 5 character (icons are grey) and i buyed the D&D Complete Core Class Pack
I'm not sure what icons you're referring to. Can you please provide a screenshot of this please?

raskal
December 29th, 2016, 18:33

Trenloe
December 29th, 2016, 18:54
You're running a demo license. Have you entered your license key in the Settings window and then ran an update? The license key is in the form: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

raskal
December 29th, 2016, 21:44
I thinked that the licence key was the number with exe file name and there is no error in the setting windows
I have no licence key (i buy by Rpgnow). How get the key ?

Nylanfs
December 29th, 2016, 22:35
IMPORTANT PRIVACY NOTE:
This product requires registration, so your email address will be sent to the product's manufacturer when you purchase this title.

I'm betting that it's a manual operation on Doug and John's part, and it's sitting in your email account for RPGNow, possibly in spam

damned
December 29th, 2016, 23:31
Email your rpgnow receipt, your username here and any other details you think are relevant to [email protected]

Trenloe
December 30th, 2016, 00:13
I have no licence key (i buy by Rpgnow). How get the key ?
The RPGNow page says "This product requires registration, so your email address will be sent to the product's manufacturer when you purchase this title."

Check your RPGNow email account for an email from Fantasy Grounds with your license key. Check your Junk/Spam folders too.

If there is nothing there, then do as damned suggests.

raskal
December 30th, 2016, 10:26
No email in spam folder
No message in the DriveThruRPG.com - Notifications inbox

damned
December 30th, 2016, 10:30
No email in spam folder
No message in the DriveThruRPG.com - Notifications inbox

Email your rpgnow receipt, your username here and any other details you think are relevant to [email protected]
A tiny proportion of sales come through that channel and the process is probably a lot less refined.

raskal
December 30th, 2016, 10:54
Done