PDA

View Full Version : New Pathfinder Campaign Starting Tonight (8 EST)

LordBalkoth
December 28th, 2016, 23:27
IGNORE EVERYTHING BELOW, SEE NEW POST HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35875-New-Wednesday-Night-Campaign-(Pathfinder)).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Few quick notes:

1, I've been playing in a game for a few months and have also been running a game of my own for a few months.
2, unfortunately, other campaigns beyond those seem to have a curse on them or something and collapse. Such as a recent one that ran for a whole two weeks on Wednesdays.
3, I've been looking for another Wednesday game to join both here and on Roll20 without luck...and I've noticed a lot of people trying to find games without success on these forums.
4, therefore I'm willing to run another campaign on Wednesday nights, at least for a while, since those nights are free anyway and I can't find a game to join as a player.
5, since I'm literally throwing stuff together in a period of a few hours things will be highly combat focused to start, I don't have time to build a world/complicated story.
6, but hey, if you're one of the dozenish people I've seen posting trying to find a game to play on Wednesday, here's your chance.

Basics

What You Need...

1. Fantasy Grounds Demo (I have the Ultimate License)
2. Teamspeak. We're using the Fantasy Grounds Teamspeaker server, information on connecting can be found here (https://www.fg-con.com/information/teamspeak/). Channel is "Balkoth's Campaign" under the "Pathfinder" heading.

Sessions are weekly on Wednesday at 8 PM EST (7 PM CST, 5 PM PST) for 4ish hours.

Overview

The campaign is heavily slanted toward challenging combat for now. New players are welcome, as long as you're willing to use sound tactics and learn about the game. Work together and play wisely and you'll succeed. But be ready for a challenge.

Characters may use material from the Pathfinder Core Rulebook, Advanced Player's Guide, and Advanced Class Guide. Default pantheon. Further material is subject to my approval. 20 point buy, nothing above a 16 or below a 7 prior to racial modifiers.

Background

A local goblin tribe has always been a nuisance, but lately they've been bolder and become more of an actual threat. Whether you live in town or are a traveler passing through, the mayor recruited you and the rest of your party to deal with the goblins once and for all.

Contact

If you're interested in joining, please send me a PM or email me at balkothwarcraft at gmail dot com

House Rules

1. Maximum HP on level up
2. Maximized healing spells out of combat.
3. Dual-wielders can attack once with each weapon as a standard action or AoO.
4. Weapon Finesse and similar feats aren't a thing. Use your Dex if applicable.
5. Weapon Focus and similar feats apply to weapon groups instead of a specific weapon. In addition, any reasonable dual-wielding combination gains this benefit as well (such as a Longsword and Short Sword).
6. No Leadership or crafting feats
7. Coup de grace is a one round action instead of a full round action.
8. Barbarian Rage gives temporary hit points
9. Two-Weapon Fighting improves at the appropriate levels to get the rest of the chain (Improved, Greater)
10. No Gunslingers/Summoners

LordBalkoth
December 29th, 2016, 00:48
We'll be working on new characters and such for a bit, late joiners are fine tonight, throwing this all together rather last minute.

stoto
December 29th, 2016, 13:15
hello,
i was just wondering if there is any space left for next wednesday? thanks!

LordBalkoth
December 29th, 2016, 21:25
Yeah, we have room for a person or three. Sent you a PM.

Grey Mage
December 30th, 2016, 00:38
Any slots still open?

LordBalkoth
December 30th, 2016, 03:17
Sent you a PM.

goodmanje
December 30th, 2016, 04:11
I'm interested!

LordBalkoth
December 30th, 2016, 04:32
Sent you a PM.

Edit: no replies, made new thread here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35875-New-Wednesday-Night-Campaign-(Pathfinder)) for the future.