PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Very Very New Player LF any WeeknightGames IndianStandardTime (IST) / UTC+05:30

MadManMaddy
December 28th, 2016, 15:13
FG License: Ultimate

Time Zone: Indian Standard Time (IST) / UTC+05:30

Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Any night after 08:00pm before next day 5:00am:p

Term: Preferred one shots as I’m new to FG and This genre all together.

Voice: Any kind of software is ok, just point me out to how to connect using it. Text chat preferred as its still middle of the night at my zone.

Game System Preferred: Any Game System as I said earlier I am totally new to this genre.

Game System Experience: I’m currently reading players handbook, rules, monster books for D&D 5e as those games are played more over FG. But really anything is fine, just to be a bit prepared will have to read those materials for GM’s game system. And to experience and know some of the gaming terms used in D&D I have actually started playing Baldur’s gate too (currently in chapter 1 when posted) which is supposedly D&D 2.2E or something. (If possible I would love to get the name/idea/link of the game system that is going to be played to be prepared for the adventure)

Fantasy Grounds Experience: “Level 0” :o is the word that will describe me. No game played yet on FG or any other Table Top RPG actual setups. I’m ready to learn any game style

Character Type Preferred: DM’s choice - the predefined characters that are allowed (according to the videos in tutorials there are character that the GM allows to be used)

About me: I’m new to this kind of game and very excited to be a part of FG community and want to be part of many games. Have Played very few RPG games and have mostly played other kind games where I’m free to do whatever I want and adventure and survive and level up kind of scenarios. Mostly played Minecraft and few games like AC where I just used to explore the whole area and fight it out to level up and stuffs to get new weapons and stuff. Here as I saw in TTRPG u can proceed in the story as u want and everything is controlled by the DM I’m very excited to try this out.:)

MadManMaddy
December 29th, 2016, 14:34
Anyone from india? or anyone who plays at time between 1400 to 1800 as shown in Game calendar "All times are in GMT 0:00 time" ? and are new player friendly?

GunnarGreybeard
December 29th, 2016, 16:07
I am running a weekly game on Wednesdays at 9:00 AM CST time which I believe is about 8:30 PM IST time. We are full up at the moment and not accepting new players but if you are interested I can add you in as an alternate in case someone drops out. It is a text chat only (no voice) game.

MadManMaddy
December 29th, 2016, 16:28
Thanks GunnarGreybeard,

I would very much like to be a part of the game anytime. can u link your game calendar event or any link that may mention what kind of game rules i should checkout?

GunnarGreybeard
December 29th, 2016, 21:24
I think the 'group' we have set up is accessible -> [D&D 5e] Wednesday Morning Mayhem (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/group.php?groupid=94)

GunnarGreybeard
December 30th, 2016, 08:26
MadManMaddy, you should have 'group' access now and I also sent a Game Calendar invite. Once accepted, you should be able to access that area as well. As I mentioned, we are a full group right now but you are more than welcome to be an alternate in case someone drops out. You should also feel free to connect on our sessions as an observer if you want.

MadManMaddy
December 30th, 2016, 09:26
Thanks man, Its done. I have joined the Game in calendar as a spectator.:D

damned
December 30th, 2016, 09:41
MadManMaddy go here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions and set your timezone and DST options. This will help with the calendar. But you must also apply to games as they are posted. Also look for kp9911 even if he doesnt have a spot for you he may be able to introduce to someone who does. Play one shots too.

MadManMaddy
December 30th, 2016, 10:11
MadManMaddy go here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions and set your timezone and DST options. This will help with the calendar. But you must also apply to games as they are posted. Also look for kp9911 even if he doesnt have a spot for you he may be able to introduce to someone who does. Play one shots too.

Thanks Damned,

I have done that and i m currently waiting for such one shots and visiting calendar regularly to check any openings at my time. but currently i found a group and i m reading the D&D 5E PHB and Basic rules pdf. Will start entering the games soon as i have a grasp of things in the D&D world.:o

damned
December 30th, 2016, 23:00
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35828-FGDaze-Delver-s-Society-Dungeon-Race and other FGDaze sessions