PDA

View Full Version : Client Crashing On Connection To Remote Host

Planeswalker
December 27th, 2016, 23:56
Hi there. I'm having a constant issue when connecting to a server for 5E. I'm connecting as a player to a server in the US. In the past, the connection has been fine, but today, no matter what I do, the client crashes after accepting the password. So far, I have made sure that my client is on the correct Live version, and have even made a fresh install, trying to fix what I think is a client-side problem.

The only changes that I have made on the PC that are relevant to FG since the last successful connection have been upgrading to the Ultimate License, and purchasing the Lost Mine of Phandelver adventure. I run the client through steam. I don't know what other information is relevant, but if you can help me out, I'd be grateful! Thanks!

LordEntrails
December 28th, 2016, 00:21
Clear your player cache (the nuke button on the join screen). Also make sure the GM is not sharing too many modules or tokens before you try to join.

Moon Wizard
December 28th, 2016, 00:28
As LordEntrails said. Also, tell your GM not to share adventures or GM modules. (Such as DMG, Volos, MM) These modules are too large for the player client to handle. Plus, then the players have full access to read the book during the game. Instead, the GM can share any record individually, by dragging a link onto the PC portrait during play.

Regards,
JPG