PDA

View Full Version : New Player Group Looking for Patient DM To Grow and Learn With! D&D All Versions

KhonnanKhann
December 27th, 2016, 20:54
FG License: Players have lite, but are happy to purchase full should we find a DM to play with who is knowledgable and willing to stay with us!
Game System: D&D 4E, or any versions preferred.

Time Zone: Eastern Time USA.
Day of week and time: Weeknights After 6pm, Weekends any time
If new game, planned start date: ASAP
Planned Frequency: Frequency - Nightly and/or Weekly, whatever works best.
Term: We are up for long term, smaller modules, we're really open to anything that works best for our DM! Flexible hours!

Text or Voice: Voice preferred!
Voice software used: Mumble Preferred, Teamspeak, any will work!

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50 roleplay and combat! We like to engage in the world and we like to fight!
Number of Players in game & needed: have at least 3 players, no dungeon master, and limited experience! Willing to learn and be taught the proper procedures, but limited resources in our local area! Hence the internet!
Character starting level & equipment: DM's Choice
Character restrictions: DM's Choice

Details of your scenario: We are a group of new tabletop players who have recently played our first campaign but have limited opportunities to meet IRL and play in person. Additionally, our DM is no longer available for local games and because of that we're turning to the internet so we can keep playing! FULL DISCLOSURE: We are very new to this world and this style of gaming. All of us have MMO experience so we understand the mechanics of the games and the basics of dice rolling and ability scores and modifiers etc, but it has been 99% digital up until this point. We admittedly are looking for a DM who does not mind having to occasionally explain things or answer questions while we grow our skill level and knowledge to become the type of players people look forward to joining with! We are interested in both a degree of roleplaying, aka immersion in the world, and we WANT TO LEARN! WE YEARN TO LEARN! lol. Casual and friendly across the board all of us, and mature, but not without some wise-cracking. Straight-edge no cursing gamers need-not-apply. All players are 28+ years of age, our oldest is 35 (If anyone is concerned with age, or it's supposed correlation to maturity....). Thank you very much for your interest and we look forward to playing with a DM who can show us the ropes!! Thanks again!!

artreemis
December 27th, 2016, 22:39
Hey, your group sounds interesting. It would be nice to have a group of players who know each other.
Im new to being a GM myself, but I have been playing DnD as a player for awhile on Fantasy Grounds. My GF and I have been looking for a fun/casual group to get together.
I am more than willing to teach fantasy grounds and DnD as a whole. As long as your patient with a newish GM =p.

I made a forum post here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35747-New-GM-LF-3-4-players-Friday-or-Saturday
Send me a PM if your interested!

vodokar
December 28th, 2016, 00:03
I might be interested in working with your group. I am an experienced DM and experienced with Fantasy Grounds for several years, as well as being a Fantasy Grounds ruleset developer. I love working with new people and teaching games and Fantasy Grounds. I would be interested in a long term experience with a group that doesn't mind changing game systems from time to time. I'm usually driven by interesting adventure modules and prefer to experience them in the original system they were designed for.

Systems that I am most interested in game mastering over the next year or two are AD&D 1e (currently finishing up a ruleset for this), Swords & Wizardry (ruleset currently being developed by Zhern), Astonishing Swordsman and Sorcerers of Hyperborea (possibly my next ruleset project), Dungeon Crawl Classics, Mutant Crawl Classics, D&D 5e, City of Mist, Call of Cthulu and Star Trek Adventures. I would be able to commit to one to two nights a week, most likely.

Regarding my history. I am 52 and have been playing D&D since 1977. I started with original and then progressed into AD&D when the hardbacks came out. I have played just about everything at one time or another.

xxxMAULxxx
December 28th, 2016, 01:10
Would be interested in playing if you have room as im fairly new to FG myself. But if you are looking to stay with your core group that's fine too.

KhonnanKhann
December 28th, 2016, 04:33
Hi Everyone!

Thanks very much for your responses! I'm basically doing the mediation here between my group and the forums for sake of ease.

Arteemis your offer is greatly appreciated! Wouldn't be opposed to having others join us at all, and if you have less experience then it might be a good fit and we can all progress together!

Vodokar your offer is also greatly appreciated! You seem a bit above our skill level to be entirely honest, but we can certainly use some expertise! Maybe we can make all of these work!

As far as other posters, i'm sure we may be able to make additional slots work if we have interest!

Thank you all for your responses, going to mediate with the group and get back ASAP! Thanks for your patience and we'll talk soon!!!

LordBalkoth
December 28th, 2016, 22:17
Game System: D&D 4E, or any versions preferred

What does this mean, exactly? Versions of 4e? Or versions of D&D (meaning 3.0, 3.5, 4, and 5)? What about Pathfinder?

spite
December 28th, 2016, 23:03
I will throw my hat into the ring aswell,
I'm very experienced with Fantasy Grounds using DnD 4e/5e and PFRPG rulesets, as well as Savage Worlds and Dark Heresy.
I've been DMing for around 2 years now, almost exclusively using Fantasy Grounds, and am more than happy to help people learn systems, and learn to use the FG ruleset.
I run in NZ timezone, which puts me at midday for your 6pm during weekdays, but I am free around those times due to my schedule, so happy to play.

If you want to meet on Teamspeak or Discord and run a session 0 or a oneshot to see if my DMing style is a fit for your group, let me know and we can organise something. :)
I also have the ultimate license so can host free-license users in my games.