PDA

View Full Version : LFG 5e - New player to FG, some 5e exp. From Australia.

Lokth
December 27th, 2016, 17:46
FG License: Standard
Time Zone: Adelaide Australia, ACDT (+10:30)
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Currently available at any time, would prefer evening games my time. (approx 12pm PST onwards)
Term: Looking for any Term length, be it a one shot or a longer game.
Voice: Can use which ever voice program as needed.

Game System Preferred: 5e, possible other versions of D&D
Game System Experience: A year of playing 5e.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Complete newbie, willing to learn.

Character Type Preferred: Currently playing a standard Fighter, interested in trying out a more long range type character for a change of pace.
About me: I'm Lokth, 31, fantasy nut, teacher (who is currently enjoying some well deserved time off work) and decent all around human being. New to Role playing this year and still getting a handle on it but loving the experiences so far. Would love to have a game with an even mix of role play and combat as I enjoy both aspects of the genre alot. Big fan of the DND inspired games such as boulders gate, Dragon Age Origins and more recently Tyranny. Would love to make some friends to play some games with.

spite
December 27th, 2016, 19:06
Welcome to the forums Lokth.
Great to see another person from this end of the earth. You may have increased luck finding a game by applying in threads looking for players aswell as this thread being open, as games can fill up fast without a DM needing to look beyond their own recruit thread.
Good luck finding a game!

dulux-oz
December 28th, 2016, 00:34
Hi Lokth, and Welcome! to the Community,

If you haven't done so already, let me encourage you to take a look at some of the great Tutorial Videos available on the Fantasy Grounds Wiki (and on YouTube). Damn's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below).

Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG forms the foundation of just about all the RPGs we play with Fantasy Grounds - so by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of what you'll need to know to play any RPG with Fantasy Grounds. Once you've gone through the CoreRPG Videos you can then go on to Videos about your chosen RPG.

When you get familiar with the basic Fantasy Grounds product the next step is to check out some of the Extensions (Plug-Ins) for FG, such as the DOE: Sound, DOE: Locations, DOE: Weather and DOE: Organisations Extensions (to name a but a few).

And keep on asking questions - we're a pretty friendly lot here, and we love answering questions.

Cheers

Lokth
December 28th, 2016, 03:53
Thanks Dulux, will have a watch tonight. Have been trying to xatch streams that use FG a bit as well, but nothing beats trying.

Will apply for games if anything in the Australian time zones pop up.

Seems like a great community.

damned
December 28th, 2016, 05:18
Hey Lokth work out your availability and convert it to NZT, JST, UTC, UTC +2, EST, MST, CST, PST too as someone on one of those timezones may be running at a time that suits you too....

Nulk
December 28th, 2016, 07:11
Welcome Lokth, there is a significant down-under community here and games pop up frequently in our time-zone, just keep an eye out as Spite says, they fill up fast.

I would also advise you to check out FG Daze coming up (see Damned sig above ^^), which should have a game or two that could interest you, and is a great way to network within the community. (i'm a little surprised that neither Dulux nor Damned mention this in their responses.... i guess they must have had one to many glasses of mango juice.)

All the best, and welcome to the community.
Nulk

Edit: spelling

Lokth
December 28th, 2016, 15:22
Thanks Nulk!

FG Daze looks interesting and seems like it could be perfect for getting into things. Hopefully cant find a one shot or something before then, if not FG Daze seems to be a good starting point.

Lokth
January 7th, 2017, 05:15
Bump, still looking for a group if anything comes up. Wasnt able to find a Daze grp in my timezone that wasnt full :(

damned
January 7th, 2017, 06:30
If you are desperate to stay up late and play a little investigative horror Ill make up another pre-gen and you can join the CoC session....
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2296

damned
January 7th, 2017, 06:31
Also did you see this game? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35950-LFP-Star-Wars-Campaign-using-FFG-(EoTE-F-amp-D)-10GMT-AEDT-(AUS)

Lokth
January 7th, 2017, 06:43
Looking for DnD more so at the moment, but I may check out some other things in the future if I can manage to find a game :)