PDA

View Full Version : Can't Get downloaded Modules "Orcfest" And another

yewdee
October 11th, 2005, 20:18
we downloaded 3 mods.

Crypt of the unholy
Orcfest
and Tombs and Crypts volume 1.

Crypt of the unholy had a .mod file that we copied over to the module directory and got it to work no problem.

Orcfest and the other, no matter what we try, we cannot get it to come up.

Using full version. Putting the info into the correct directory according to the readme.
using the /export command creates the file, but it is empty, and not populated with the info.
/export Orcfest Orcfest creates it, but empty...

what are we doing wrong?

we tried finding a .mod file for the other 2 but there isnt one :(

msd
October 12th, 2005, 00:22
we downloaded 3 mods.

Crypt of the unholy
Orcfest
and Tombs and Crypts volume 1.

Crypt of the unholy had a .mod file that we copied over to the module directory and got it to work no problem.

Orcfest and the other, no matter what we try, we cannot get it to come up.

Using full version. Putting the info into the correct directory according to the readme.
using the /export command creates the file, but it is empty, and not populated with the info.
/export Orcfest Orcfest creates it, but empty...

what are we doing wrong?

we tried finding a .mod file for the other 2 but there isnt one :(

Isn't the FG version of Orcfest a Digital Adventures product? If you are having a problem with one of their products, and it sounds like you are, you might get better luck pm'ing Thore directly.

Hope that helps!

Thore_Ironrock
October 12th, 2005, 01:48
Yeah ... :D

All DA products contain the campaign files, not modules. All you have to do is unzip the file you download from RPGNow to a single folder, and place it in your CAMPAIGNS directory. One common error I've run across is that the folders somehow become "nested", at which point FG won't be able to see them. What I mean by nested is if your directory structure was:

C:\Program Files\FantasyGrounds\campaigns\Orcfest\Orcfest\

Anything beneath the last directory will be invisible to FG. This sometimes happens when you extract things using the XP extractor, and not WinZip itself.

If you have further problems please email me directly from my website.

Hope this helps.

Thore_Ironrock
October 12th, 2005, 01:59
I just noticed that I did have an extra "layer" of folders in that zipped file, so that might be the problem. You need to drill down the the directory called "Orcfest", and copy that one to the CAMPAIGNS directory.

Again, double-check your directory structure to make sure the files are where they're supposed to be.