PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder, 3.5, 4E, Traveller, Rogue Trader and Palladium Fantasy.

Rogue
December 26th, 2016, 20:24
Greetings and salutations to all who take the time to read this Missive!
It is with great joy that I proclaim that I have returned from my short hiatus, and am willing to run any of the above systems. I own my own business, so I am available M-F after 5 EST, and pretty much any time during the weekends. If anyone is interested in any of the above games, please feel free to let me know. I only have one game that I play in, and that Is at such a time that it will not interfere with the time I listed above.
I have my own homebrew world as well, using the pathfinder ruleset, and Primeval Thule, also for Pathfinder. Basically, I am ready to run whatever you want to play. A DM at your service.

Rogue

scaarr
December 26th, 2016, 20:32
I actually just posted (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35739-LFG-1-Player-Tues-Thurs-Fri-Sat-night-CST-5e-or-Pathfinder) that im looking for a game! Maybe we can get something going?

Rogue
December 26th, 2016, 20:33
Absolutely!! I am in teampeak at the moment under Pathfinder. Come join me and we can talk.

spite
December 26th, 2016, 20:46
Super keen on 4e, or Rogue Trader. Let me know if you run some of these as I'd be down!

Rogue
December 26th, 2016, 20:51
I'd definitely run either, or both. You give me a day and time you are available, and we can get together to work something out.

spite
December 26th, 2016, 22:04
I'm free until february pretty much all the time. But after feb I'm mostly stuck to weekends. If you get anymore people interested I'll make time

virtue_11
December 26th, 2016, 23:44
Looking for a 3.5/pf game. Not high fantasy. Serious players. What's your style?

Kiqjaq
December 27th, 2016, 00:01
I'd join a game on Wednesday or the Weekend. Pathfinder is my preferred. Never enough GMs running PF here!
(Can also manage 4e. I've played a bit of it.)

BDaniel
December 27th, 2016, 00:30
Welcome back Rouge.

BDaniel
December 27th, 2016, 00:30
Welcome back Rogue.

Rogue
December 27th, 2016, 01:07
Thanks for the welcome back. Feels good.

stoto
December 27th, 2016, 01:44
This sounds great! I would be very interested in a pathfinder adventure! if there is still space I would love to be part of it. I can ususally do weekdays after 7 pm Thanks in advance

bigboom
December 27th, 2016, 05:15
Welcome back!!

If enough people express interest, I'd be up for either Rogue Trader or perhaps Traveller (yay sci-fi!). Which set of Traveller rules would you run?

As for timing, because I'm in a far off time zone, 9pm EST on Friday or Saturday evenings would work best for me.

Rogue
December 27th, 2016, 05:33
hmm, actually was planning on a 8:00 game of Rogue trader on Saturday nights. I can move it up an hour, that would be no problem.
If I run Traveller, it would probably be classic traveler. Id actually prefer to do Traveler 5, but no ruleset made for that one, yet.

bigboom
December 27th, 2016, 12:12
Awesome!! If the timing is problematic for other players, then I can roll with 8PM. When daylight savings comes around though, the timing might become problematic for me but can deal with that later on.

I'm guessing you're still in the mustering phase but let me know if I should send you any info to apply for a seat at your table! Part of me already wants to build a new character!

Rogue
December 27th, 2016, 12:46
I have pretty much decided that an 8:00 pm start time (EST) is generally a good time to start. People on the west coast are out of work by then, and if games go the way they go, then a few minutes lee way can be given for driving times, etc. My games usually never start on time exactly, but within the half hour. And I usually sign in about half hour early. Sometimes earlier if I can get away with it. My games are usually based on what the players want. if you want light hearted and fun, we do it. if you want dark or very serious, then I do that too. I have pent 30 years as a DM, and have learned to be flexible.

virtue_11
December 27th, 2016, 17:10
So sounds like a sci-fi game is happening? Or is ruleset still yet to be decided? Your flexibility is great! But with your experience, you must be aware that if you jump in with 4 payers without prediscussion, it's very possible that 2 are total goofball and 2 are ultra serious.... GM needs to make a call at some point ....

BDaniel
December 27th, 2016, 17:29
So sounds like a sci-fi game is happening? Or is ruleset still yet to be decided? Your flexibility is great! But with your experience, you must be aware that if you jump in with 4 payers without prediscussion, it's very possible that 2 are total goofball and 2 are ultra serious.... GM needs to make a call at some point ....

Or you could get 4 ultra serious goofballs.

virtue_11
December 27th, 2016, 18:24
Now THAT sounds like fun!

spite
December 27th, 2016, 19:04
I'm pretty confident I can make that 8 or 9pm es Saturday with little to no problems. Excited for this. As others have said, let me know about applying/meet n greet

Rogue
December 28th, 2016, 16:19
okay, so for the Rogue trader game, the meet and greet will be this coming Saturday at 8 PM EST. The pathfinder meet and greet will be held on Sunday at 3 PM EST. For anyone who is interested, please let me know either here or on Skype, so I know who to expect and how many.

bigboom
December 28th, 2016, 17:07
I'll come online for Rogue trader, 8PM EST on Saturday!

Rogue
December 29th, 2016, 13:26
the Pathfinder MIGHT be moved to a different day. I just accepted another acting job, and it will interfere with rehearsal times. Maybe Friday night instead?

virtue_11
December 29th, 2016, 15:57
I can do Fri nights. I can only meet for a short time on Sunday, hope it works out.

Kiqjaq
December 29th, 2016, 16:08
I wouldn't be able to make the Pathfinder Sunday thing if it doesn't move. I run my own game 2-6 on Sunday.
Still interested in playing though, as long as the game isn't that time.

Teufelhunde87
December 29th, 2016, 16:28
Welcome back Rogue! I haven't had much forum time lately, so I have to catch up and see what games/times you have still available!

Rogue
December 29th, 2016, 16:39
The pathfinder game is definitely changed, but I'm not sure that Friday will work either. Friday night I am usually off playing Magic the Gathering at the local hobby shop. But I will think about it, and maybe with some brainstorming come up with a good night.

kananesgi
December 29th, 2016, 16:57
Any chance of running the Pathfinder game on Saturday mornings? I'm a new player, somewhat new to tabletop games, and totally new to FG, and I'm looking for a new-player friendly PF game that would fit my schedule. I'm talking with another GM right now and I think I'll be joining a game running Saturday nights, but I'm still free for the time being on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Haven't had much experience, but I think I prefer about an even 50/50 mix of RP/Combat, given what I've watched of games played on YouTube. Let me know.

Rogue
December 29th, 2016, 20:13
Saturday Morning are a possibility. but it would be a bit early for the wet coasters. I was thinking maybe 9 or 10 EST.

virtue_11
December 29th, 2016, 21:25
I can do almost any night after 7pm est

kananesgi
December 30th, 2016, 02:20
I'm probably in the minority, I'm sure, but if you do PF on Saturday morning, I'd be in. I work nights, and I'm already joining a game for Saturday nights, so that (sat morning) would be about the only time I'd be available.

If you did decide on that time slot, would you be willing to run a youth-friendly game? My 11yo niece might be interested in joining, too. She doesn't really know anything about the game, but I've run her through a couple one-shot games with her brother and she loved it. She's mature for her age, but I don't want to expose her to too much on certain subjects. The fantasy violence isn't a problem. I'd also have to talk to her as well to see if she would want to join.

virtue_11
December 30th, 2016, 02:25
Kananesgi, that sounds fun as ****! Wait I mean fun as HECK! Don't pick a time just for me, friends. I can find something else if need. Also willing to DM. I don't know if I have the skills for a kid friendly though ...

Rogue
December 30th, 2016, 14:06
Kananesgi, a kid oriented game would be a blast. I ran a game with a seven year old in it once, o am a bit experienced in that department. The child played a druid and liked it best when she transformed into an animal. That group actually made it from level one to ten before it fell apart. Half the group moved away. Good times. Really good times.

scaarr
December 30th, 2016, 17:41
Darn if its Saturday morning that will count me out but im used to it. I know most people have the weekend off XD

Rogue
December 30th, 2016, 17:43
I can run more than one Pathfinder game you know....

scaarr
December 30th, 2016, 17:44
I can run more than one Pathfinder game you know....

You are a scholar ma'am.

kananesgi
December 30th, 2016, 18:17
Kananesgi, a kid oriented game would be a blast. I ran a game with a seven year old in it once, o am a bit experienced in that department. The child played a druid and liked it best when she transformed into an animal. That group actually made it from level one to ten before it fell apart. Half the group moved away. Good times. Really good times.

Haha, that sounds just like my neice. She also wanted to play a druid in the home game I was trying to organize because of wildshape. Druids are rather boring to play for the first few levels, so I was going to make an exception for her and give her the ability to transform from level 1, and put in her background that she was part lycan.

I talked to her and her mom and she is excited at the prospect. And you don't need to make it to too kid friendly. As I said, she's mature for her age, and she enjoys the violence and action. Only thing I want to shield her from is some of the more explicit sexual elements that sometimes come up.

Scary, gory, violent - that stuff is fine.

Rogue
December 30th, 2016, 18:35
ok, that's not a problem. glad to know she is able to play. So now all we need are a few more kid friendly people. Wont be too hard to find.

Rogue
December 30th, 2016, 18:36
you able to get on teamspeak or Skype at the moment?

Rogue
December 30th, 2016, 18:39
Scarr, when do you have off?

kananesgi
December 30th, 2016, 18:44
you able to get on teamspeak or Skype at the moment?

I can get on either, though I don't use Skype much. Prefer teamspeak for now.

Rogue
December 30th, 2016, 18:46
teampeak Is fine, I'm in the fg con s
erver.

scaarr
December 30th, 2016, 18:50
Scarr, when do you have off?

Wednesdays and Thursdays.

kananesgi
December 30th, 2016, 19:03
teampeak Is fine, I'm in the fg con s
erver.

Sorry, having internet troubles. Weird, some websites work, others don't, and Teamspeak on't connect, so I had to use my phone to connect. I'm in there. Where are you?

Kiqjaq
December 30th, 2016, 19:55
So this thread is talking about 3 different campaigns now or something? I may just wait in the corner until the times/dates are sorted out a little more.

Rogue
December 31st, 2016, 14:52
All right, the meeting for the Saturday morning kid friendly game I going on right now on fantasy ground teamspeak in the pathfinder room. Hop on in and join the fun.

Rogue
December 31st, 2016, 15:15
Having a bit of trouble with FG-Cons teamspeak, o switching to my server here is the info.

Address: pen001.gavs.us:59218
Password: lemondrop

spite
December 31st, 2016, 21:08
So this thread is talking about 3 different campaigns now or something? I may just wait in the corner until the times/dates are sorted out a little more.

Yea I'm losing track too haha.

Rogue
December 31st, 2016, 22:44
okay, so dont forget, Rogue trader tonight on my teamspeak. Details in post above. 8 PM, although if you want to come early you can.

kananesgi
January 6th, 2017, 19:24
Are we still on for Saturday morning?

Rogue
January 6th, 2017, 19:42
I am going to try. I was in a car accident, so really sore, and depend on if I can sit up for a while without any pain.

kananesgi
January 6th, 2017, 19:46
Oh, sorry to hear that. Take your time. We'll still be here, I'm sure. I'll be online at about 10 CT in the morning.

Rogue
January 7th, 2017, 14:37
the game will be on this morning, jut to let you all know. I am already on TeamSpeak, in case there are characters that need to be created.

kananesgi
January 7th, 2017, 15:33
Ok will be there. Late night.

Rogue
February 4th, 2017, 14:26
Ok, guys game is on for this morning, starting in a little over half an hour, on my personal Teamspeak server. This is the Kid friendly pathfinder, although I don't think the kid I playing anymore. So if you are interested, come on in and see what's going on! Newbies are welcome, and we are not even through the first fight.