PDA

View Full Version : How much loot have you scored from the sale - so far?

LindseyFan
December 24th, 2016, 19:47
Okay, so the sale is here and I tried to get my bf to buy me more FG stuff because of the Holidays. According to him, his having bought me FG Ultimate and the complete D&D bundle is "plenty enough." What a cheapskate, right?

With MY OWN money I have added the following to my growing collection:

Curse of the Crystal Shard
Scourge of the Sword Coast
D&D monster tokens volume 1
D&D monster tokens volume 2
Savage Worlds Ruleset

So what have you all gotten for yourself this winter sale? (Or have talked your SO into getting you?)

Zacchaeus
December 24th, 2016, 19:52
Lol

Call of Cthulhu 7e. Those Aussie chaps did well with this one :D

(don't tell then that though)

Trenloe
December 24th, 2016, 19:56
Those Aussie chaps did well with this one :D
They sure did.

(don't tell then that though)
Oops!

LindseyFan
December 24th, 2016, 20:03
Must be nice to have talent AND sunshine for Xmas. *sigh*

Bidmaron
December 24th, 2016, 20:20
Product listing
------------------------------------------------------
1 x Beasts of Legend: Boreal Bestiary ($5.99)
1 x Malevolent & Benign (PFRPG) ($7.49)
1 x New Gods of Mankind - Anointed: Token Pack - Heroes of Naalrinnon Pack ($4.49)
1 x New Gods of Mankind - Anointed: Token Pack - Gods of Naalrinnon Pack ($4.49)
1 x New Gods of Mankind - Anointed: Token Pack - Elder Races of Naalrinnon Pack ($4.49)
1 x New Gods of Mankind - Anointed: Token Pack - Beasts of Naalrinnon Pack ($4.49)
1 x New Gods of Mankind - Anointed: Token Pack - Villagers of Naalrinnon ($4.49)
1 x Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Item Pack ($5.99)
1 x ArcKnight Tokens - Mankind ($3.74)
1 x ArcKnight Tokens - The Grove ($3.74)

I don't like the top-down tokens that seem to be in fashion (why do folks like to stare at the top of everyone's heads anyway?). I like the old full frontal pogs.

JohnD
December 24th, 2016, 20:53
I am hoping to get a couple of things but my FG library is already on the huge size. It will depend on whether the wife has left anything in the account after her wanton consumerism.

LindseyFan
December 24th, 2016, 21:03
I don't like the top-down tokens that seem to be in fashion (why do folks like to stare at the top of everyone's heads anyway?). I like the old full frontal pogs.

Yes, I don't get that either. I work so hard rendering my picture, I want to see it on the map! Of course I am newer to VTTs, and what seems to work just right for me, might be way off base. :) Still, I am with you on the pogs. Looks like you also got a nice collection during the sale. Congrats!

Moon Wizard
December 24th, 2016, 21:32
It's not just you guys. I prefer portrait-style tokens myself.

Cheers,
JPG

damned
December 25th, 2016, 04:46
Dont forget Encumbrance rules guys! Unless your GM doesnt worry about it too much :)

LindseyFan
December 25th, 2016, 05:21
Dont forget Encumbrance rules guys! Unless your GM doesnt worry about it too much :)

Nah, token bags of holding.

LindseyFan
December 25th, 2016, 16:21
Received the two AL items I didn't have. Bought with my own money the 4 Baldur's Gate Series Portrait sets. Which is silly because I make my own portraits. Maybe I could use them on a special encounter I thought of...

damned
December 26th, 2016, 01:33
Received the two AL items I didn't have. Bought with my own money the 4 Baldur's Gate Series Portrait sets. Which is silly because I make my own portraits. Maybe I could use them on a special encounter I thought of...

Please share some Portraits...

Zhern
December 26th, 2016, 01:40
None yet, but I do plan on picking up the CoC 7e ruleset and finishing out my 5e bundle. I guess I should do that before I forget.

LindseyFan
December 26th, 2016, 05:06
Please share some Portraits...
I have a few in my albums, but I have them cropped for portraits, and many more. Make a lot every other day or so from my art. I would love to make a big bundle for everyone, but I had some portrait formatting questions/thoughts I need to look up before I package everything up.

LordEntrails
December 26th, 2016, 17:14
I have a few in my albums, but I have them cropped for portraits, and many more. Make a lot every other day or so from my art. I would love to make a big bundle for everyone, but I had some portrait formatting questions/thoughts I need to look up before I package everything up.
Ask Away!
Then start your own thread on the Armory (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?44-Armory-(campaigns-modules-rulesets-maps-and-tokens))forum or the Token (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?91-Tokens)forum.
I'm waiting...

GunbunnyFuFu
December 26th, 2016, 18:50
I picked Shaintar for Savage Worlds during the sale..one of these days I may run it....

mhorgunn
December 27th, 2016, 12:26
I got two map tile sets Cobblestone and the Winding Caverns. I need to do a quick redo of an adventure that is going to be needed for the ongoing campaign all too quick.
I also picked up the Book of Lost Spells, Tombe of Beasts and Book of Lairs.
Exceeded the Christmas money by $50. ��

Black Hammer
December 27th, 2016, 21:59
Picked up Rippers Reloaded (player & GM books, also the pogs), also the generic Savage Worlds Horror, Science Fiction, and Superhero stuff. So with the settings I already had (Achtung Cthulhu, 50 Fathoms, and Deadlands), I'm pretty well set to run a bunch of Savage Worlds stuff this coming year.

LindseyFan
December 27th, 2016, 22:32
I was thinking about adding some more SW stuff too. I've only ever played in one game, Deadlands, and had a blast. I will be DM'ing 5e soon, but probably only be a player in SW. Are there any books you recommend a player to pick up? Even for good fluff?

Black Hammer
December 27th, 2016, 23:01
I was thinking about adding some more SW stuff too. I've only ever played in one game, Deadlands, and had a blast. I will be DM'ing 5e soon, but probably only be a player in SW. Are there any books you recommend a player to pick up? Even for good fluff?

Yes, but it really depends on what you're looking to do. Deadlands, Achtung! Cthulhu, and Rippers are all really good. 50 Fathoms (which I am running currently, on Thursdays) is also good, though very specific in terms of campaign possibilities. People also rave about Hellfrost, East Texas University, and some fantasy one I can't recall how to spell (Shaintar?). I'm looking at starting up a new campaign (possibly two, depending on what happens to my VtM game) come January, and can't decide which I want to do. Might do a couple of one-shots; if you're interested in trying some more SW settings, I can add you to the message loop.

LindseyFan
December 28th, 2016, 00:03
Yes, but it really depends on what you're looking to do. Deadlands, Achtung! Cthulhu, and Rippers are all really good. 50 Fathoms (which I am running currently, on Thursdays) is also good, though very specific in terms of campaign possibilities. People also rave about Hellfrost, East Texas University, and some fantasy one I can't recall how to spell (Shaintar?). I'm looking at starting up a new campaign (possibly two, depending on what happens to my VtM game) come January, and can't decide which I want to do. Might do a couple of one-shots; if you're interested in trying some more SW settings, I can add you to the message loop.

Sure, you can put me in the loop. I am a text game fanatic, just so you know where my biggest interests lies. I think I will grab a couple that you listed while the sale is on, and just surprise myself!