PDA

View Full Version : Token Placement in Folders

ransolot
December 24th, 2016, 19:16
Hey all, so I am having a problem with placing tokens in folders. I think I'm having a problem with where they all actually go and how they need to be labeled. So, I have a crap load of tokens but I want to be able to create sub-directories to be able to find them easier when I am in a game. So far, the only thing I am able to do is just create new folders in campaign folders so that I can have just the tokens I want for that genre. The problem with that is that I have screwed myself many times by deleting campaigns that I no longer play in, therefore loosing those tokens.

Is there a way that I can place tokens in the main token folder and have sub folders for each "style" of token in their own folder for both host and shared versions? With this, can this be done for portraits as well? Thanks all!

Zacchaeus
December 24th, 2016, 19:42
Put Tokens in the Tokens/host folder in the FG directory. You can create other folders in there if you want to have them by genre/class/author or whatever.

A better solution is to create token modules, then you can open them up in individual campaigns as needed rather than have all of them in every campaign.

ransolot
December 24th, 2016, 19:50
Ok, whole new can of worms.... How do you create token modules?

Zacchaeus
December 24th, 2016, 19:54
Instructions here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21396-How-do-I-create-a-Token-Module)

damned
December 25th, 2016, 04:44
How many is a crap load? Crap loads can cause issues with FGs memory model...

kalmarjan
December 25th, 2016, 07:23
Can you use the /export function and only drag the tokens into the window before clicking okay, or do we need to manually do this?

kalmarjan
December 25th, 2016, 07:25
How many is a crap load? Crap loads can cause issues with FGs memory model...

If he is using the CSUAC (Wow! Dundjinni is still alive?) then maybe it's best if he packs each category into a token module, that way he could just enable the token modules as he needs them?

I assume it's for placing tokens on a map, so what does that do for the game when the mod is disabled? So many questions and not close enough to FG to experiment!

Zacchaeus
December 25th, 2016, 09:20
I don't think exporting Tokens creates a token only module, I think it just exports as part of a module. Not sure though I've never tried it.

Once a token is allocated to a PC I think it stays with them even if the token module then gets closed. For NPCs any allocated token is used but FG defaults it to a letter token if one isn't allocated (when placed on CT that is)

ransolot
December 25th, 2016, 19:49
A crapload of tokens is close to 3,000 of them. I looked over the post about exporting the tokens as a module and got lost, lol. I think I'm gonna try to export them like a adventure module and see if that works.

Zacchaeus
December 25th, 2016, 20:22
A crapload of tokens is close to 3,000 of them. I looked over the post about exporting the tokens as a module and got lost, lol. I think I'm gonna try to export them like a adventure module and see if that works.

It does work - I just tried it. It's a lot more long winded that just creating a token module as detailed in the post I linked but it does work.

damned
December 25th, 2016, 22:42
I would 100% keep that under 1000.
I generally have less than 250.

ransolot
December 26th, 2016, 03:13
Damned- Then I think I'll stick to my current plan. I'm just keeping a folder on my drive that has all my tokens and just put the ones I need in my campaign folder. Thanks man!