PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Table that Creates Parcels?

paladinpariah
December 24th, 2016, 16:30
I've done some searching and can't seem to find one. I can't imagine something like this doesn't exist as it already exists for 5e. If anyone could point me towards one, it would be a huge help. Thanks.

Zacchaeus
December 24th, 2016, 18:12
Haven't you asked this somewhere before? Try this module (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20504-Magic-Item-tables). It looks like it uses rollable tables. If so then change the output to parcel instead of chat.

paladinpariah
December 24th, 2016, 18:33
Someone said I should post this here. Will try that mod thanks!

Bidmaron
December 24th, 2016, 18:55
What they said was to check this sub forum, paladin. All the modules published for a given ruleset are in the relevant ruleset's subform. There is likewise another thread for the extensions applicable to the ruleset.

paladinpariah
December 24th, 2016, 20:46
That magic item generator seems super useful, but unfortunately only does magic items. It's ridiculously comprehensive, however.

Still can't find one that does treasure as a whole to put in parcels. This is what I was hoping someone has already made:

https://www.d20srd.org/srd/treasure.htm

Done a lot of searching on this forum and can't find one.

Myrdin Potter
December 24th, 2016, 22:05
I suggested that he ask here. He was asking in the forum where people creating content ask questions but not specific to Pathfinder. I figured that there might be someone that has either done it or knows of one if it has been done and would more likely to be found here for PF.

This both seems like something someone would have done already. It is a pain in the *** to create tons of items for non-coin treasure, however.

Lillhans
December 25th, 2016, 06:25
Between https://donjon.bin.sh/pathfinder/treasure/ and the new library format, I would argue that parcels are fairly quick to make.

paladinpariah
December 25th, 2016, 12:16
See that's the problem. When I need to do quick treasure on the fly, using Donjon has been difficult. Also, after having seen what the 5e DMG is capable of, it would be nice to have that kind of content for Pathfinder as well. I'm starting to feel like 5e is eclipsing Pathfinder in the RPG community. Don't want to be relegated to obscurity because of my choice of game systems. I'm hoping the new partnership between Paizo and FG produces some more fantastic products along the same lines as the Snow White adventure for FG. Utterly brilliant stuff.

Zacchaeus
December 25th, 2016, 13:03
See that's the problem. When I need to do quick treasure on the fly, using Donjon has been difficult. Also, after having seen what the 5e DMG is capable of, it would be nice to have that kind of content for Pathfinder as well. I'm starting to feel like 5e is eclipsing Pathfinder in the RPG community. Don't want to be relegated to obscurity because of my choice of game systems. I'm hoping the new partnership between Paizo and FG produces some more fantastic products along the same lines as the Snow White adventure for FG. Utterly brilliant stuff. I don't think you are comparing like with like. I think a more realistic comparison is the 5e SRD magic Items with the 3.5 Magic Items. The 5e Treasure Tables come from the DMG which is an altogether different beast from the SRD. As far as I can see the 3.5 OGL is the same - there's no treasure tables just lists of stuff. So, as has been said, you are probably going to have to create your own - unless there's a 3.5 module somewhere which you can buy similar to the 5e DMG and which similarly has the Treasure tables done.

paladinpariah
December 25th, 2016, 13:09
Here is a link to the SRD treasure table...

Zacchaeus
December 25th, 2016, 13:41
Here is a link to the SRD treasure table...

There you go then. Shouldn't be too difficult for you to create those - although it would seem that there's no magic items noted in there so it might have limited value.

paladinpariah
December 25th, 2016, 13:45
Someone has already made a ridiculously robust magic item table for Pathfinder. I haven't figured out how to make it make parcels, but it does output to chat which is draggable into a parcel super easily. Given I don't think I'll ever need to mass generate magic items, it will be just fine.

What I need is the other stuff. The money, the gems... you know... actual treasure. Would rather not do all the data entry if someone else has already made one.

Zacchaeus
December 25th, 2016, 14:07
You can change the output in the table to parcel. Click on the top part of the table where it says 'chat' until it reads parcel. It will depend on how the table is set up though as to what kind of output you'll get.

There is a product in the store called the complete SRD for 3.5/pathfinder, but I don't know if the tables you are looking for are in that.

paladinpariah
December 25th, 2016, 14:14
The tables I have tried haven't allowed that to be clicked on for some reason. It just says chat with no box around it and clicking it does nothing.

Will look into buying the SRD to see if it has tables. Thanks for the tip.

Zacchaeus
December 25th, 2016, 14:32
The tables I have tried haven't allowed that to be clicked on for some reason. It just says chat with no box around it and clicking it does nothing.

Will look into buying the SRD to see if it has tables. Thanks for the tip.

You'll need to make a copy of the table you want. (Just drag and drop it back down into the same tables window you find it in). You will now be able to edit the copy and can click the chat box and change it to parcel. There's three tables at the start of the list Major, Medium and Minor magic Item generator'. I think all you'll need is to copy those three and they'll generate the item for you.

You can also create your own custom tables and call the ones from that module without needing to copy them. You could for example create a single line table which rolled 1d3 times on the major magic item generation table for example.

paladinpariah
December 25th, 2016, 15:02
Nice. Thanks for the tips...