PDA

View Full Version : Players getting disconnected after approximately 10 minutes

Mutenri
December 24th, 2016, 05:19
I'm having an issue setting up my first FG campaign. Whenever a player connects, they can do so fine, but after almost exactly 10 minutes, they are shown as "connection lost" and are disconnected soon afterwards. This happens to all five players, regardless of how many are logged on. I tried all the tips given in the fix random disconnect issue help thread, but nothing is work. Could somebody help?

I'm using a Frontier Actiontec MI424WR Rev. I FiOSŪ Internet Router, and I've tried stuff like disabling firewalls etc, with no avail.

Willot
December 24th, 2016, 07:29
if its happening at very regular intervals it gotta be a firewall or some form of network setting. You say you diabled firewalls did you also disable the routers firewall? I had a problem once with a new router because it kept thinking teamspeak was a flood attack.

If you connect a player through localhost (127.0.0.1) (connect to yourself in other words) does it kick that player off?

Check your router's security log too to see why it dumped the connections.

damned
December 24th, 2016, 09:19
Definitely do what Willot says - that will help identify if its a software setting on the computer or if its the router.
Are you using UPnP? Possibly the UPnP is set to open the port for exactly 10mins or something like that?
Im happy to have a look with you over the next few days (post christmas) if you are still stuck then.