PDA

View Full Version : [DCC RPG] Short Adventure - Fri Jan 6, 9-11 pm EST (GMT -5)

leozelig
December 24th, 2016, 03:37
I am running the first half of a DCC RPG adventure on Jan 6 from 9-11 pm EST (GMT -5). The conclusion will run in a second session 1-2 weeks later, also for 2 hours on a Friday night (4 hours total).

Description:
The title gives away too much for me to name it, but it is a published Goodman Games module from 2014. The party cleric has a festering wound from a ghoul snake bite, and neither his god nor any of the temples can heal him. The cleric has sought help from a powerful wizard, who requires a favor in return. The party has in turn agreed to help their friend complete the wizard's task...

Some players have survived a few adventures now, but we are always looking for more. You can certainly treat this as a one-shot (but two sessions) adventure if you prefer more of a guest starring role. Bring a level 1 PC of any class, and prepare for some OSR goodness. Safety not guaranteed (for your PC - you'll be fine!)...

We use Google Hangouts for voice chat so you need a Gmail or Google+ account.

leozelig
January 4th, 2017, 03:27
Bump.

Seeking the favor of a powerful wizard, the party agrees to steal an artifact from a rival’s sanctum...

Join us for some OSR fun with DCC RPG this Friday, January 6 from 9-11 PM EST (GMT -5)! Google Hangouts will host voice chat (Gmail or Google+ account needed). Reply here if interested...

Myrdin Potter
January 4th, 2017, 04:02
My Friday evening is free and I can make a character. Will not have gone through a funnel, though. My experience is reading the rule book and knowing FG (I am still waiting for the hard back from the latest Kickstarter).

Zhern
January 4th, 2017, 04:24
Bump.

Seeking the favor of a powerful wizard, the party agrees to steal an artifact from a rival’s sanctum...

Join us for some OSR fun with DCC RPG this Friday, January 6 from 9-11 PM EST (GMT -5)! Google Hangouts will host voice chat (Gmail or Google+ account needed). Reply here if interested...

I can play during this time. I've run my group through several funnels only, not any actual adventures yet, and haven't had the chance to actually play DCC. Always the GM, never the player. If you have a spot, I'd like to play.

damned
January 4th, 2017, 04:25
My Friday evening is free and I can make a character. Will not have gone through a funnel, though. My experience is reading the rule book and knowing FG (I am still waiting for the hard back from the latest Kickstarter).

DCC.... make 4 characters... and dont get attached to them....

Zhern
January 4th, 2017, 04:27
I'm a fan of the 0-level party generator (https://purplesorcerer.com/create_party.php) on Purple Sorcerer.

leozelig
January 4th, 2017, 13:51
Awesome! You can make 0-level characters for this, but I would recommend rolling up a 1st level character with starting gold according to the rulebook. Elves and wizards determine starting spells randomly, but you can choose up to half if you don't get anything good. Purple Sorcerer is fine for stats and stuff. The current party is a mix of level 1/2 with all the human classes covered (but bring whatever class you like).

I will have the server up before the start time if you don't get a chance to create your PC locally before then. We have a few players who need to update their characters before we get going, but I don't like to delay more than 15 minutes past the start time. I will post the server alias later - I don't remember it at the moment...

Zhern
January 4th, 2017, 14:32
Sounds good. I'll roll up a level 1 one this evening and have the export ready for you.

leozelig
January 5th, 2017, 02:09
Fun, thanks Zhern!

PM me your Gmail or Google+ info, and I will invite you to the Hangout. We should have a full party even if a few players bail out.

Server alias = dashing grave undead turtle

Doctordrew
January 5th, 2017, 02:43
Do you have room for one more? I haven't played DCC, however I play Swords and Wizardry weekly. So if you have room I will roll up a character or two. Please let me know. Thanks!

Zhern
January 5th, 2017, 02:45
Do you want us to assign ability scores down the line?

leozelig
January 5th, 2017, 03:07
Do you want us to assign ability scores down the line?

Yes, but if you end up with a 2 hp cleric, I won't fault you for rerolling.

Zhern
January 5th, 2017, 03:13
LOL, you mean like the 6 stamina 16 personality I just rolled?

I'll take you up on that offer of a reroll. And here it is, a perfectly average something or another.

leozelig
January 5th, 2017, 03:14
Do you have room for one more? I haven't played DCC, however I play Swords and Wizardry weekly. So if you have room I will roll up a character or two. Please let me know. Thanks!

Hi Doctordrew,

I have 10 or 11 players who are interested, but some of those are a "maybe" so I will post an update here tomorrow night.

leozelig
January 5th, 2017, 03:18
LOL, you mean like the 6 stamina 16 personality I just rolled?

Yep, that PC should just stand in the back and crack a few jokes until he dies a horrible DCC death :)

Actually, the back usually isn't safe either...

Doctordrew
January 5th, 2017, 05:05
Great thanks!

leozelig
January 5th, 2017, 23:44
Here's the latest head count...

5 going
2 maybe
4 not responded (3 are regular players, but you never know)

Doctordrew, if you send me your Gmail/Google+ info, I can send you an invite. Let me know if you have any questions about character creation. The Purple Sorcerer character creation tool is nice if you need a PC fast.

kg4ibd
January 6th, 2017, 20:22
I will love to join your game I am new on FG but i play lots of D&D on the pc over 20 years. And i do use hangout.

leozelig
January 7th, 2017, 00:18
I will love to join your game I am new on FG but i play lots of D&D on the pc over 20 years. And i do use hangout.

I have a full party for this one, but I will run more soon!