PDA

View Full Version :  Pathfinder Comes to Virtual Tabletop! (Officially)

IronHelixx
December 22nd, 2016, 21:34
Pathfinder Comes to Virtual Tabletop!
Thursday, December 22, 2016

Paizo is pleased to announce that we've now officially partnered with Mesa Mundi Inc (D20PRO) and Smite Works (Fantasy Grounds) for Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Virtual Table Top content. Both will be offering full access to the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game line, along with Adventure Paths and Modules! This new partnership will allow gamers from across the globe play the Pathfinder adventures they want, regardless of which service you prefer. With our expansive collection of amazing artwork, maps, and stories, these VTT platforms are a perfect fit for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.

We're super excited to be working with Mesa Mundi and Smite Works, and to be able to bring the magic of Pathfinder to virtual groups in the next year!

Mike Kenway
Director of Licensing

https://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljen?Pathfinder-Comes-to-Virtual-Tabletop

Trenloe
December 22nd, 2016, 23:25
Exciting times...

cmdisc
December 23rd, 2016, 00:02
This sounds like great news!

Ken L
December 23rd, 2016, 00:31
wowow, how the hell did d20pro get licensing, their foot print is like non-existent these days. Either way, it's good for FG content.

Talyn
December 23rd, 2016, 01:05
Good for them, though! They're also in the process of being approved for a 5E license. But I'm very excited that Pathfinder is officially here! Hopefully that means Starfinder as well? ::wink wink nudge nudge::

goodmanje
December 25th, 2016, 07:57
This is great news!

bigboom
December 27th, 2016, 04:24
So this means scenarios, modules, and adventure paths will be officially built and sold by Smite Works & Paizo? And so GMs have the option to purchase a pre-built table rather than construct it themselves?

Just wondering what this actually means...

Talyn
December 27th, 2016, 04:33
Yes, it means official Paizo sourcebooks, modules and adventure paths (and Society stuff too I'd imagine) will be in the FG Store at some point just like the 5E stuff is.

M836139
December 31st, 2016, 18:24
That's great news! Congrats (to us all). :D

UltimateGM
January 5th, 2017, 03:36
I am so happy while I enjoyed building the Reign of Winter: Snows of Summer module from scratch this will be amazing! I love fantasy grounds honestly! I will buy every book there is. Is there a way to help compile the modules and products ect or is that something that is being left to Smite Works? Id love to volunteer in helping even if I am not getting paid. I love the program and I enjoy what Smite Works has put together. I have noticed that when you copy and paste from the pdf adventure paths that there can be spacing, alphabet and numerical data problems once it's pasted into the program. Ive seen some in D&D 5e.

damned
January 5th, 2017, 08:22
You could contact [email protected] and see if there is a smaller module you could do... then if it all works out you might try something larger...

UltimateGM
January 5th, 2017, 20:09
I have sent a message thanks for the information.

pirostyx
February 27th, 2017, 16:30
I've had some similar issues with character spacing and character representation(characters changing from something to something else). I worked around this issue by opening the PDF for adventures in Microsoft Edge for Windows 10. That made copy and paste work a lot better for me.

Talyn
February 27th, 2017, 16:40
PDF to Text is not an exact thing, and people need to (but don't) pay more attention to what they're working with and not just blindly copy/paste.

As @UltimateGM asking about Reign of Winter, unlike most other projects where a community developer chooses what he's working on, Pathfinder (and 5E for that matter) projects are being assigned by SmiteWorks to proven developers who can do the work and deliver. So you'd need to get approval to be a community developer first then prove yourself before getting an official WotC 5E or a Paizo PF project.

GM BK
March 3rd, 2017, 17:36
I have noticed that when you copy and paste from the pdf adventure paths that there can be spacing, alphabet and numerical data problems once it's pasted into the program. Ive seen some in D&D 5e.

If you highlight the text after you paste it over into FG and hit CTRL+J, it clears up a lot of the spacing issues from copying over.