PDA

View Full Version : Specifying a different size for a note called from a library

Archamus
December 22nd, 2016, 20:31
Is there a way to setup a note brought up from a library module to open with a larger size?

The default is way to small and I don't want to have players need to resize them every time.

Zacchaeus
December 22nd, 2016, 20:36
For which ruleset? And can you be more specific. Notes don't appear in library modules - they are campaign only, and as far as I can see they open up at the standard size.

Perhaps a screenshot to illustrate what you mean might be helpful.

Archamus
December 22nd, 2016, 21:43
In the Star Wars Edge of the Empire ruleset I'm working on a module with species entries. It works fine, but when I pull it up the note page it opens in is tiny and it squishes the table, which bothers me for aesthetic reasons.

This section is in the library.

<EMPTYSPECIES>
<classname type="string">note</classname>
<name type="string">EMPTYSPECIES</name>
<text type="formattedtext">
<p>EMPTYSPECIES Fluff</p>
<p><b>Physiology:</b> PHYSIOLOGYINFO</p>
<p><b>Society:</b> SOCIETYINFO</p>
<p><b>Language:</b> LANGUAGEINFO</p>
<p><b>Homeworld:</b> HOMEWORLDINFO</p>
<p><b>Life on the Fringe:</b> LIFEONTHEFRINGE</p>

<link class="ability" recordname="reference.abilities.EMPTYSPECIES1@Star Wars Player Library">EMPTYSPECIES ABILITYNAME
</link>
<table style="width:100%">
<tr>
<td>Brawn</td>
<td>Agility</td>
<td>Intellect</td>
<td>Cunning</td>
<td>Willpower</td>
<td>Presence</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td></td>
<td></td>
<td></td>
<td></td>
<td></td>
<td></td>
</tr>
</table>
<ul>
<li>Wound Threshold: xx + Brawn</li>
<li>Strain Threshold: xx + Willpower</li>
<li>Starting Experience: xx XP</li>
</ul>
</text>
</EMPTYSPECIES>

This part is in the reference section.
<EMPTYSPECIES1>
<classname type="string">ability</classname>
<name type="string">EMPTYSPECIES ABILITYNAME</name>
<description type="formattedtext">
<p>EMPTYSPECIES INSERT DESCRIPTION HERE.</p>
</description>
</EMPTYSPECIES1>

Archamus
December 22nd, 2016, 21:52
Here is a screenshot to see what I'm talking about (https://i.imgur.com/oVtS46a.png) in case it isn't clear. I'd like it wide enough so that the words in the table don't get sent to the next line.

damned
December 22nd, 2016, 21:56
All windows have a default size and each windows instance remembers its size (and for many position) that it was when it was last closed.
You can create an extension to adjust the default size of notes but it will affect all NEW and not previously opened notes.

Archamus
December 22nd, 2016, 21:59
Hmm, I don't think I want to start learning how extensions work quite yet. Have too much work to do as is. Thanks for the info.

Moon Wizard
December 22nd, 2016, 22:20
It depends on the window class specified in the link that opens the window in the module. There are a few generic window classes for showing module content, including 2 for textual content like these. "referencetext" (opens at 400x650, min at 200x200) and "referencetextwide" (opens at 650x650, also minimum at 650x650)

As damned mentioned, the window sizes are remembered between sessions. To reset the saved window sizes so you can see what they are by default, you can delete the windowstate.xml file in the campaign directory.

Regards,
JPG

Archamus
December 22nd, 2016, 22:40
Awesome thanks!

Either I'm messing something up, or this ruleset doesn't have "referencetext" or "referencetextwide". However, in looking into that I did find a "reference" class though and edited that so it is the correct size to prevent the table issue.

Moon Wizard
December 22nd, 2016, 22:48
Those window classes are part of the CoreRPG base ruleset layer. My guess is that the ruleset you're using isn't built on this base layer.

Cheers,
JPG