PDA

View Full Version : Paizo and SmiteWorks sign an agreement for official Pathfinder support!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Springroll
November 18th, 2017, 06:18
It's in development (see my footer). No firm ETA yet ( as there's the review process on top of the development). Hopefully only a few more weeks...
Excellent! Then I'll go back to my hole and wait for release :)

Vhok
November 24th, 2017, 05:44
any word about changing the read only on images and maps in the AP's you've released? having maps not remember icons or mask or anything you've done is really annoying. I also can't seem to open the target options in the top left of the map because I can't unlock it. this is a rather big issue IMO. I have to remake every map every session and trying to remember where all the PC's and NPCs are is getting super annoying.

damned
November 24th, 2017, 06:23
Hi vhok you might also email support@ your thoughts on this just in case they miss your posts here.

ddavison
November 24th, 2017, 15:41
@Vhok, We have a fix for the Mummy's Mask AP for this that we plan to roll out on Tuesday. Were there other APs suffering from this that you saw?

Springroll
November 24th, 2017, 16:15
@Vhok, We have a fix for the Mummy's Mask AP for this that we plan to roll out on Tuesday. Were there other APs suffering from this that you saw?
Hell's Rebels has the same problem

Vhok
November 24th, 2017, 22:30
mummy's mask and hell's rebels are the only 2 I know of

thorun09
December 3rd, 2017, 22:38
Is there a list of what is out / coming out soon for Pathfinder. I've slowly been buying some of the core books, and not sure which path I wanted to invest in. Not to mention some of their great modules? I do check the store, but perhaps a thread with what's out would be most helpful. I look at some of the 3rd party modules, and it would be nice if they had a way to sort for level based as their are quite a few now. I know I ask a lot, just checking to save myself some time while browsing. I really like the artwork I got with Paizo's stuff, thanx.

ddavison
December 4th, 2017, 01:21
If you are on the Store, there is a dropdown next to the search field where you can specify the Publisher (Paizo) or choose the category. Alternately, the publisher name and the category in each product's listing is a hyperlink that will filter to only show those sources. Just click on Paizo and it will filter to only show you those.

Marswipp
December 19th, 2017, 18:35
Any estimates on official Starfinder support?

ddavison
December 19th, 2017, 19:02
We expect it will be available in January.

dracklor
December 21st, 2017, 15:46
We expect it will be available in January.

Oh sweet, I am looking forward to it. Thanks for the hard work to you and all the rest of the FG team.

goodmanje
December 21st, 2017, 16:46
That’s great news!

Cabales
December 22nd, 2017, 14:59
Is the intention to eventually have all of the Pathfinder rule books and supplements available on FG? I am specifically referring to the Paizo products, not 3rd party supplements. I understand the time frame for getting that done may be pretty lengthy, and I don't really mind waiting, but I'm curious if the intention is to eventually get there. It would be cool to see them all available, but I know there are a ton.

adamjung
December 25th, 2017, 13:35
Are there plans for Pathfinder Society and Starfinder Society?

Talyn
December 25th, 2017, 14:50
Is the intention to eventually have all of the Pathfinder rule books and supplements available on FG?

Yes, but it takes a lot of time and the DLC Developer gets to choose which book(s) they do in whatever order they want. No specific timetable exists for any particular book(s).

Are there plans for Pathfinder Society and Starfinder Society?

I completed the PFS Guide and Web Enhancements modules a few months ago. They were recently sent to Paizo for certification and will be a free download. I'll do the SFS Guide once I get an advance copy of the ruleset.

As for PFS/SFS adventures, just a matter of an approved DLC Developer selecting that as their project (see above comment). I do have The Confirmation on my queue as soon as I complete my current project.

Cabales
December 25th, 2017, 17:18
Thanks Talyn. i know it takes a long time. Definitely not rushing anyone. I was just curious if that was the intent long term.

Galymyr
January 12th, 2018, 22:27
Is there an issue that's slowing down official Pathfinder content? Next week will be a month since anything new came out. Hoping to see some more rulebooks coming soon!

ddavison
January 12th, 2018, 22:30
Just Christmas and New Years and a focused attention on Starfinder. We are getting ready to submit another one over early next week for Strange Aeons 6. We also have some updates for the Core Rules, APG, UM and Bestiary 4 Player Guide that we will be releasing later this month alongside version 3.4.

Galymyr
January 12th, 2018, 22:37
Just Christmas and New Years and a focused attention on Starfinder. We are getting ready to submit another one over early next week for Strange Aeons 6. We also have some updates for the Core Rules, APG, UM and Bestiary 4 Player Guide that we will be releasing later this month alongside version 3.4.

Thanks for the fast response!

Steven Pepper
January 15th, 2018, 15:28
Will Dead Suns AP 1 (Incident at Absalom Station) be releasing in conjunction with the Starfinder rule set support, or will it be coming later?

ddavison
January 16th, 2018, 03:01
Will Dead Suns AP 1 (Incident at Absalom Station) be releasing in conjunction with the Starfinder rule set support, or will it be coming later?

AP 1 - 3 are pretty close to being finished at this stage. It just needs to go through internal quality checks and then over to Paizo along with the Starfinder ruleset.

jcoman1
January 31st, 2018, 17:47
Great Doug,
I'm looking forward to Starfinder. It's going to be my first step into a new direction after 35 years of fantasy RPG's.
Thanks for all you and your team do.

ikitklaw
February 7th, 2018, 23:52
Any plans to make the Hell's Vengeance AP? picked up the Rise of the Runelords and having a great time with it, and my players and myself can't wait for FG Unity to drop.

Erin Righ
February 8th, 2018, 00:00
Welcome to the forums, ikitklaw

Bidmaron
February 8th, 2018, 02:02
akitklaw, I believe all the APs will be released, but it is subject to the availability of the module makers to do so. And welcome to the forums! I searched, and I don't believe SW has publicly announced that a maker is yet working on the AP.

ikitklaw
February 8th, 2018, 02:07
Welcome to the forums, ikitklaw
Thanks for the welcome.

Ikitklaw, I believe all the APs will be released, but it is subject to the availability of the module makers to do so. And welcome to the forums! I searched, and I don't believe SW has publicly announced that a maker is yet working on the AP.
thanks for the welcome and info.

ddavison
February 8th, 2018, 02:09
I believe the latest ones we grabbed were Ruins of Azlant and Reign of Winter.

thorun09
February 12th, 2018, 02:32
Ruins of Azlant looks like a good one, I definitely would enjoy playing or running it. I notice not a lot of events on the calendar for Pathfinder, I'm hopeful with the release of more pathfinder we will get more campaigns going.

GreyMouser69
February 19th, 2018, 04:23
Iron gods AP please!

Galymyr
March 3rd, 2018, 16:25
Is there a plan to also release Pathfinder Society scenarios? If so do you have a timeline?

DMReckless
March 27th, 2018, 02:25
Account sync discount is not working on new releases today. items show in sync, but no discount.

ddavison
March 27th, 2018, 15:28
Try it now. I'm working on scripts to automate the setup and had a slight issue that should now be resolved.

DMReckless
April 11th, 2018, 22:40
Ruins of Azlant #6 and War For the Crown 2 aren't syncing/discounting properly.

Ruins of Azlant #5 is.

ddavison
April 11th, 2018, 23:48
Thanks DMReckless, we have reported the issue to our contacts at Paizo and they will hopefully have it resolved shortly. I can confirm that those PDF codes are not being sent currently when you Retrieve Purchases from Paizo.

Zhern
April 12th, 2018, 02:04
Thanks for reporting it, DMReckless. I was going to do the same just now. I'll hold off on purchasing the 3 new AP modules you give the word to try again, Doug. Thanks!

ddavison
April 14th, 2018, 00:36
This should be working now. You need to re-sync purchases from Paizo. The problem was on our end. I did not realize that it only retrieved page 1 of the results with a pagesize of 50. It turns out we now have more than 50 products, so it was just truncating all the most recent ones we added if you happened to own a bunch of those same Paizo products. Sorry for the trouble. We should be able to keep this working going forward now that we realized the error.

Trenloe
April 14th, 2018, 01:08
It turns out we now have more than 50 products...
Woo-hoo! That's amazing.

Congratulation! :)

Zhern
April 14th, 2018, 02:34
Yep, it worked for me. Thanks for keeping on top of this!

turelus
April 20th, 2018, 18:16
Has there been any thoughts on writing up Emerald Spire? It would be some nice dungeon crawl content to put up and it's a little shorter than a full AP.

thorun09
May 6th, 2018, 20:59
Wondering if Serpent's Skull and / or Wrath of the Righteous Paths may be in the works? I'd very much like to see both these path's.

lokiare
May 7th, 2018, 15:23
Wondering if Serpent's Skull and / or Wrath of the Righteous Paths may be in the works? I'd very much like to see both these path's.

I can't say much, but they are in the works.

thorun09
May 8th, 2018, 22:49
thnx

Ghost_dk
August 23rd, 2018, 19:36
Any idea when we will see more rulebooks added for pathfinder or has work on that been abandoned in favor af pf 2?

ddavison
August 23rd, 2018, 19:56
We plan to support both. Are there particular books you are looking forward to having in FG from Pathfinder 1.0?

Ghost_dk
August 23rd, 2018, 20:05
What i really would like are the rest of the ultimate books and other books that add classes and options for them to be added directly into the character generation in FG

Bidmaron
August 23rd, 2018, 23:31
I second that motion!

Zhern
August 23rd, 2018, 23:58
I'd really like to see Occult Adventures and the Advanced Class and Race Guides in the near future.

Ghost_dk
October 24th, 2018, 18:28
We plan to support both. Are there particular books you are looking forward to having in FG from Pathfinder 1.0?

So another two months gone. Lots of 5E releases but not a single PF rulebook.

Anything in the pipeline?

ddavison
October 24th, 2018, 18:43
So another two months gone. Lots of 5E releases but not a single PF rulebook.

Anything in the pipeline?

It takes a while to do conversions and we have fewer people who can do rulebooks compared to adventures. We only have a few official 5E conversions each year compared with numerous official Paizo releases split across Starfinder, Pathfinder, and Pathfinder 2. 3rd party content producers put out whatever they have -- such as 5E, PFRPG compatible, Savage Worlds. You are comparing 3rd party 5E releases (of any kind) only to official Paizo rulebook modules. We have released two PFRPG adventure modules in the last month - one 3rd party and one official.

Oct 17 Release
Mini-Dungeon Tome (PFRPG)

Sept 19 Release:
Pathfinder RPG - Return of the Runelords AP 2: It Came from Hollow Mountain

We have a batch of Starfinder stuff ready for release (probably next week). One of our content devs for Starfinder is also one of our more prolific Pathfinder conversion guys. We have a number of PF rulebooks in progress but they are sitting at partially complete at the moment due to other pressing work.

Samarex
November 2nd, 2018, 02:38
It takes a while to do conversions and we have fewer people who can do rulebooks compared to adventures. We only have a few official 5E conversions each year compared with numerous official Paizo releases split across Starfinder, Pathfinder, and Pathfinder 2. 3rd party content producers put out whatever they have -- such as 5E, PFRPG compatible, Savage Worlds. You are comparing 3rd party 5E releases (of any kind) only to official Paizo rulebook modules. We have released two PFRPG adventure modules in the last month - one 3rd party and one official.

Oct 17 Release
Mini-Dungeon Tome (PFRPG)

Sept 19 Release:
Pathfinder RPG - Return of the Runelords AP 2: It Came from Hollow Mountain

We have a batch of Starfinder stuff ready for release (probably next week). One of our content devs for Starfinder is also one of our more prolific Pathfinder conversion guys. We have a number of PF rulebooks in progress but they are sitting at partially complete at the moment due to other pressing work.

I am currently converting Starfinders Alien Archive II when I get that done and sent out, I will switch over and do some Pathfinder stuff.

GreatRedDragonhunter
November 7th, 2018, 04:04
Hello I need some help. I am new and I am not able to get my starfinder book uploaded. To use on. My fantasy ground app on my computer. I did everything I could to get it to work can someone please help me.

damned
November 7th, 2018, 04:09
Welcome GreatRedDragonhunter

Please go here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/orders.xcp
and check what purchases you have. Is your Starfinder showing up here?

If you bought a physical Starfinder book you dont get any FG inclusions with it.
If you bought a Starfinder PDF from Paizo you can get the cost of that PDF credited against the Starfinder ruleset here on Fantasy Grounds.
The instructions are in this link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=PZOSMWPZO7101FG

If the issue is something else please let us know.

dantedoom
November 8th, 2018, 02:55
Is there any schedule when we PFS Scenario be sold?

GameSeneschal
January 4th, 2019, 15:52
What i really would like are the rest of the ultimate books and other books that add classes and options for them to be added directly into the character generation in FG

I literally just sent an email trying to figure out what's up with the lack of "rulebooks", such as the other Ultimate XXXX and various splat books. What good are all the APs if players can't use the characters they have created for import, because FG doesn't recognize the options that were used?

Talyn
January 4th, 2019, 16:17
I literally just sent an email trying to figure out what's up with the lack of "rulebooks", such as the other Ultimate XXXX and various splat books. What good are all the APs if players can't use the characters they have created for import, because FG doesn't recognize the options that were used?

Out of the 60-ish DLC Developers, only a handful have been approved to adapt Paizo products. Those few get to choose which projects they work on, and when they work on them. We do this in our spare time, after all, and the typical Paizo hardback can easily take a month or few to complete, then it has to go through SmiteWorks QA then Paizo certification. It's a process.

Nylanfs
January 4th, 2019, 16:27
Also it's all free form on the character sheets type in what you want from the books that aren't in yet.

GameSeneschal
January 6th, 2019, 01:38
Also it's all free form on the character sheets type in what you want from the books that aren't in yet.

This assumes people can spare the time to do the manual entry themselves. Or that they have the understanding (which at least one of my players does not) to figure it out, rather than just be a plug-n-play participant. I fall into the group of people who don't have that kind of time, and was looking to VTT & pre-made resources as a way to be able to do more for my players (one of whom already skypes in for our sessions) going forward.

Out of the 60-ish DLC Developers, only a handful have been approved to adapt Paizo products. Those few get to choose which projects they work on, and when they work on them. We do this in our spare time, after all, and the typical Paizo hardback can easily take a month or few to complete, then it has to go through SmiteWorks QA then Paizo certification. It's a process.

Where would I find the qualifications needed for someone to be considered as acceptable to do the official resources? I have a friend who might be qualified enough, and would be willing to do a little legwork in between to make sure its a match before suggesting that he go knocking on the company's door.

LordEntrails
January 6th, 2019, 01:49
Where would I find the qualifications needed for someone to be considered as acceptable to do the official resources? I have a friend who might be qualified enough, and would be willing to do a little legwork in between to make sure its a match before suggesting that he go knocking on the company's door.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?11156-Want-to-produce-official-FG-products-adventures-rulesets

In short, convert something, submit it to SmiteWorks for review and consideration. If you do a good enough job then they will accept it and such.

There are some guidelines (like the link in my signature) and on the wiki for Adventurer's League, and a video by Rob2e, that you can use as a self-check. But I've never seen one from SmiteWorks as their own quality checklist.

Talyn
January 6th, 2019, 16:28

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?11156-Want-to-produce-official-FG-products-adventures-rulesets

In short, convert something, submit it to SmiteWorks for review and consideration.

This, with the caveat that this advice does not apply for Paizo or WotC projects. For those, SmiteWorks approaches those few DLC Developers who have proven they can output professional-quality adaptations (and in the case of WotC projects, that you can complete that project on a deadline for same-day release as well). We're often assigned specific projects or offered a choice of a few. Once those have been completed, accepted, passed SmiteWorks QA and Paizo certification, those DLC Developers may be able to request projects like we can for non-Paizo/WotC projects but it's totally in SmiteWorks' ballpark to accept or reject those requests.

Bottom line is, by all means, sign up to be One of Us™ but start small. Do an adaptation of a third-party product (one from a publisher who has already licensed!) or from a different system altogether (Savage Worlds, for example, is extremely popular and there are a lot of projects just waiting for devs) and prove yourself and get noticed.

GameSeneschal
January 7th, 2019, 01:23
This, with the caveat that this advice does not apply for Paizo or WotC projects. For those, SmiteWorks approaches those few DLC Developers who have proven they can output professional-quality adaptations (and in the case of WotC projects, that you can complete that project on a deadline for same-day release as well). We're often assigned specific projects or offered a choice of a few. Once those have been completed, accepted, passed SmiteWorks QA and Paizo certification, those DLC Developers may be able to request projects like we can for non-Paizo/WotC projects but it's totally in SmiteWorks' ballpark to accept or reject those requests.

Bottom line is, by all means, sign up to be One of Us™ but start small. Do an adaptation of a third-party product (one from a publisher who has already licensed!) or from a different system altogether (Savage Worlds, for example, is extremely popular and there are a lot of projects just waiting for devs) and prove yourself and get noticed.

I was actually going to compare the technical/educational requirements with those of an old shipmate, and see if he would be willing to take on some of the bigger/harder books from Paizo. It isn't something he has done specifically, but if his other computing skills & experiences lined up; I was hopeful for finding a faster solution than praying one of the regulars would volunteer or be assigned any of those books. I figured that if it was a good match then maybe he could help get the official material available for FG caught up without there being any loss of work on the newer releases Pathfinder/Starfinder material.

Erin Righ
January 11th, 2019, 22:42
Can't hurt to approach Doug and ask, [email protected]

Ghost_dk
April 30th, 2019, 19:47
Not trying to sound like a broken record but what is the status on the remaining ultimate rulebooks?

Ghost_dk
June 8th, 2019, 16:04
no? nothing?

LordEntrails
June 8th, 2019, 18:28
In general, everything is open to be converted and it is up to the individual contractors doing the conversions to choose what they want to do. And, the general SW policy is not to announce what is being worked on until it is in Quality review/approval process. And, because it's depending upon individuals, no timelines are given (until it is in quality and SW can predict the timeframe), because the times vary greatly and are often dependent upon things that can't really be controlled by SW.

Ghost_dk
June 8th, 2019, 20:45
ok, so basically the same aswer as 10 months ago. Not what i was hoping for but since i personally bought all the rulebooks that are out now i hope you considder using some of the overfunding for the kickstarter including my own ultimate upgrade to actually contract some of the remaining books so they can be completed before PF2 kicks off full throtle and your obligations to your contract with piazo probably risks making PF1 books even less of a priority.

Trenloe
June 8th, 2019, 20:56
If there are community developers available to do these then they should get in touch with SmiteWorks.

LordEntrails
June 9th, 2019, 00:19
ok, so basically the same aswer as 10 months ago. Not what i was hoping for but since i personally bought all the rulebooks that are out now i hope you considder using some of the overfunding for the kickstarter including my own ultimate upgrade to actually contract some of the remaining books so they can be completed before PF2 kicks off full throtle and your obligations to your contract with piazo probably risks making PF1 books even less of a priority.
Of course, you can always convert one yourself, submit it to SmiteWorks for review and consideration as an official conversion and then if approved start doing more conversions and make a commission on each one sold (or however they do it).

There is simple too much content to convert, and most of it doesn't make enough in revenues to have a full-time paid employee converting it. Hence it relies on the community to have "developer" step up and convert what they want and do it in a way that it can become the official content. IMO, converting content is something anyone can do, if they put the time and effort into doing it.

Ghost_dk
June 10th, 2019, 06:29
Well not knowing what is being worked on makes it a bit difficult to choose a project but I started on Ultimate Intrigue. Vigilante class and feats are done. Working on spells now.

Springroll
June 10th, 2019, 06:32
Well not knowing what is being worked on makes it a bit difficult to choose a project but I started on Ultimate Intrigue. Vigilante class and feats are done. Working on spells now.
Always a good idea to send a mail to [email protected] just to make sure that no one else is working on your particular conversion.

Trenloe
June 10th, 2019, 16:09
How about getting in touch with SmiteWorks and see if you could do an official conversion? This helps get the products out there, and gives you a little bit of compensation for your time. If you're doing the conversion anyway...

Ghost_dk
June 10th, 2019, 20:11
How about getting in touch with SmiteWorks and see if you could do an official conversion? This helps get the products out there, and gives you a little bit of compensation for your time. If you're doing the conversion anyway...

Thank you. I did :)

DMReckless
June 29th, 2019, 23:59
Any word, official or otherwise on PF2 support?

Ampersandrew
June 30th, 2019, 11:33
Any word, official or otherwise on PF2 support?

Yes, lots.

There is a specific Pathfinder 2 forum, where you can find lots of info about it.

There will be a basic Pathfinder 2 ruleset that is free to all license holders. There will also be modules available for the core rules, the bestiary and the Adventure paths. The aim is to have these books available on release day.

This is pretty much the same amount of support that first edition currently has.