PDA

View Full Version : Call of Cthulhu 7E ruleset

Pages : [1] 2 3

dberkompas
December 22nd, 2016, 17:30
I just received an email for sales, and it's listing the 7th Edition for Call of Cthulhu for sale, are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Yay!!!

ddavison
December 22nd, 2016, 17:58
Nope, it's the real deal. It should be the first listing in the store.

dberkompas
December 22nd, 2016, 18:31
Thanks Doug.

Gotta support you guys!

Dave

Vanethian
December 22nd, 2016, 18:56
I have got it, tested, checked, converted old campaign... IT WORKS PERFECTLY!!!! Thanks Doug and anyone for this GREAT RELEASE! :)

ddavison
December 22nd, 2016, 20:34
Thanks to Damned and Ian Ward especially. Those guys have been working diligently on this for much of 2016.

Skellan
December 22nd, 2016, 20:44
Yes, thank you Damned and Ian Ward. Lots of people will get many happy (though terrifying) hours of enjoyment out of this.

Also, this feature is fantastic: 'The Call of Cthulhu, 7th edition, will open and convert Adventures and Investigators created with and for the 6th Edition ruleset and update statistics and rolls automatcally.'

Sjelsyk
December 22nd, 2016, 21:35
This is great. I'm looking forward to test this out with friends early 2017 :) Thanks for all the hard work Damned and Ian Ward - and everyone else who might've participated in this release :)

kael79
December 22nd, 2016, 21:36
Thank's Damned and Ian Ward !!!!
Now i going translate my precius in french ^^

damned
December 22nd, 2016, 21:45
So now we look forward to the Bug Reports! Ia! Ia! Have fun guys!

Vanethian
December 23rd, 2016, 00:20
Thanks, Damian!!!! IMPRESSIVE WORK!!!! thanks Ian too!!! great job! I've got my usual CoC friends session next week, on thursday or friday... we are all very excited. I just converted the 6th campaign and their characters so we are ready to go xD

Skellan
December 23rd, 2016, 00:38
So now we look forward to the Bug Reports! Ia! Ia! Have fun guys!

Having a good poke around. Excellent job with this one. I love the combined table to roll all your stats.

I noticed a couple of very minor things though. ( I know, I know ) sorry. Where would you like me to report them?

Luthbel
December 23rd, 2016, 00:39
I will tranlsate it to spanish too, and my interface for 6e just needs some little tweaking, so that´s cool, we will continue Masks of Nyarla in 7e.
MAy I suggest to convert Pulp Cthulhu next? ;)

damned
December 23rd, 2016, 00:46
Skellan here is as good a place as any - post away.

Luthbel the Investigators Guide is well under way but then it will be a few adventures rather than another big resource book straight away.... <so many things to do so little time>

Vanethian I hope you enjoy!

Luthbel
December 23rd, 2016, 00:47
Thanks for the fasr repply Damned, and thanks for the great job on the ruleset :)

Magnimost
December 23rd, 2016, 02:21
Great news, thank you!

We've been using the unofficial 7E plugin for a while now. Any expectations on compatibility and moving chars from it to the official 7E?

edit: clicking on CoC from FG main web page takes to this (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/?sys=4&sort=2&hidecore=1) page, which has a link to 6E as the first item on the list. In fact, I can't find the 7E on the store at all without using the link from the newsletter email.

dberkompas
December 23rd, 2016, 02:56
Clicking on 'Store->Shop' in the top menu shows the 7E ruleset 1st for me

romelwell
December 23rd, 2016, 03:00
I am finally back in FG for the first time since co-authoring the original C&C ruleset! Woo hoo! Thanks for this update!

ddavison
December 23rd, 2016, 03:03
Great news, thank you!

We've been using the unofficial 7E plugin for a while now. Any expectations on compatibility and moving chars from it to the official 7E?

edit: clicking on CoC from FG main web page takes to this (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/?sys=4&sort=2&hidecore=1) page, which has a link to 6E as the first item on the list. In fact, I can't find the 7E on the store at all without using the link from the newsletter email.

That's a good point. We have a ton of CoC 6E stuff but it is in a different group that 7E. We can only link to one, obviously, from the front page. Decisions, decisions.

damned
December 23rd, 2016, 05:15
That's a good point. We have a ton of CoC 6E stuff but it is in a different group that 7E. We can only link to one, obviously, from the front page. Decisions, decisions.

You might need to add a second one for CoC7! You will have two D&D ones up there soon enough (Pathfinder :bandit:)!

new_vision
December 23rd, 2016, 09:48
Bummer. When i go to FG starting page and then go to Call of Cthulhu it doesn't show the 7th edition. I have to go to the shop to see it directly. So i bought 6th edition yesterday because i was tired of waiting. :(

dragonheels
December 23rd, 2016, 10:11
Hello,
Big thanks to all of you for fhis great new ruleset.
I like the characther sheet with the differnec made between occupation and personal points, the whole linked to an occupation tables !
I noticed a little bug. Were used to it cause the 'old' v7 extension had the same one. When using a bonus or penlaty dices for a skill roll in the dice tower, the system add 2 'unit' dices.

damned
December 23rd, 2016, 10:41
Hey new_vision the 7e wasnt even on the store yesterday so there was no way for you to buy it yesterday.
The 6e is very good value and I think it comes with 2 or 3 adventures (I cant remember for sure) and these will convert into 7e if you go 7e later on.
If you really dont want 6e you could send an email to [email protected] and explain your situation.

damned
December 23rd, 2016, 10:44
Hello,
Big thanks to all of you for fhis great new ruleset.
I like the characther sheet with the differnec made between occupation and personal points, the whole linked to an occupation tables !
I noticed a little bug. Were used to it cause the 'old' v7 extension had the same one. When using a bonus or penlaty dices for a skill roll in the dice tower, the system add 2 'unit' dices.

Hi dragonheels I cant reproduce that? Everytime I roll with bonus die it is adding a second tens die.
Can you - delete any unpacked CoreRPG folders you might have and re-run the updater.
Then load your Campaign only with CallOfCthulhu7e ruleset and no extensions?
Please let me know.

dragonheels
December 23rd, 2016, 10:51
Hello Damned,

My fault, I imported an old charachter sheet I had I exported from the 'old' v7 extension.
But with a new fresh created one, I have no problems !
So it's OK for me. I will make fresh ones :)
EDIT
Actually, it also works with the old character sheet. All ok for skills rolls.

I made a fool of me and tested with an attribute (FOR, DEX...). In that case it works of none of them.
Now, I never uses bonus or penalties dices on those attributes... so.... :)

damned
December 23rd, 2016, 11:04
Its all good - there are bound to be some bugs so report away.

kael79
December 23rd, 2016, 11:09
707/5000
Hello.
Sorry for the google translation.

My FG key was offered to me by a friend who bought the key with his account in 2011. Not having this account information, I went through Steam (after adding it to my games) to buy the Cthulhu v6 and v7 rulesets.
If I have the ruleset v6 in my directory, I do not have the .pak of the v7 ... Difficult to make an extension of translation without this base ... Nevertheless I have the possibility to create a new one Campaign in v7.
I talked to a contact of RPG who also bought the ruleset v7 from the store of the site of fantasy ground: he has the file CallOfCthulhu V7.pak in his directory ruleset ...
I do not understand anything any more ^^ '

In French:
Bonjour.
Désolé pour la traduction google.

Ma clé FG m'a été offerte par un ami qui avait donc acheté la clé avec son compte en 2011. N'ayant pas ces informations de compte, je suis passé par Steam (après l'avoir ajouté à mes jeux) pour acheter les rulesets Cthulhu v6 et v7.
Si j'ai bien le ruleset v6 dans mon répertoire, je n'ai pas le .pak de la v7... Difficile de faire une extension de traduction sans cette base... Pourtant j'ai bien la possibilité de créer une nouvelle campagne en v7.
J'en ai parlé à un contact de RPG qui a aussi acheté le ruleset v7 depuis le store du site de fantasy ground: il a bien le fichier CallOfCthulhu V7.pak dans son répertoire ruleset...
Je n'y comprend plus rien ^^'

ianmward
December 23rd, 2016, 11:34
707/5000
Hello.
Sorry for the google translation.

My FG key was offered to me by a friend who bought the key with his account in 2011. Not having this account information, I went through Steam (after adding it to my games) to buy the Cthulhu v6 and v7 rulesets.
If I have the ruleset v6 in my directory, I do not have the .pak of the v7 ... Difficult to make an extension of translation without this base ... Nevertheless I have the possibility to create a new one Campaign in v7.
I talked to a contact of RPG who also bought the ruleset v7 from the store of the site of fantasy ground: he has the file CallOfCthulhu V7.pak in his directory ruleset ...
I do not understand anything any more ^^ '

In French:
Bonjour.
Désolé pour la traduction google.

Ma clé FG m'a été offerte par un ami qui avait donc acheté la clé avec son compte en 2011. N'ayant pas ces informations de compte, je suis passé par Steam (après l'avoir ajouté à mes jeux) pour acheter les rulesets Cthulhu v6 et v7.
Si j'ai bien le ruleset v6 dans mon répertoire, je n'ai pas le .pak de la v7... Difficile de faire une extension de traduction sans cette base... Pourtant j'ai bien la possibilité de créer une nouvelle campagne en v7.
J'en ai parlé à un contact de RPG qui a aussi acheté le ruleset v7 depuis le store du site de fantasy ground: il a bien le fichier CallOfCthulhu V7.pak dans son répertoire ruleset...
Je n'y comprend plus rien ^^'
Are you 100% sure that you are looking in the correct data folder? The best way to check is to open it using the folder button in the main FG window.

VenomousFiligree
December 23rd, 2016, 11:48
Great work on the ruleset! :)

Skellan
December 23rd, 2016, 11:50
Not wanting to sound picky but

In the reference manual section C14 > Optional rules. The copy seems to be truncated at the end. It seems to cut off mid sentence at the end after 'Nyarlathotep'

This is only a minor thing so hardly a priority. There is another chapter in the reference manual that is truncated but I have lost it now.

ianmward
December 23rd, 2016, 11:59

In the reference manual section C14 > Optional rules. The copy seems to be truncated at the end. It seems to cut off mid sentence at the end after 'Nyarlathotep'

This is only a minor thing so hardly a priority. There is another chapter in the reference manual that is truncated but I have lost it now.

Thanks for finding this. We should probably start a thread specifically for issue reporting.
We expect there will be a few at first, it was quite involved!

damned
December 23rd, 2016, 12:00
Are you 100% sure that you are looking in the correct data folder? The best way to check is to open it using the folder button in the main FG window.

Is it possible the ruleset file is in the Vault?
If so we could supply the strings file for translations?

The file should be CallOfCthulhu7e.pak

damned
December 23rd, 2016, 12:06

Definitely point out when you find them and they will get updated fairly quickly.

dragonheels
December 23rd, 2016, 12:12
Hello Damned,
Well, I had the problem again (those with bonus dice).
I suppressed all corerpg.pak files from the cmputer and reloaded.
Same things. In the Dice tower, it add unit dices instead of second ten dice.
I did the test after cerating a brand new campaing and a new character sheet

kael79
December 23rd, 2016, 12:26

Yes.
I even completely uninstalled FG, deleted the directory from my hard drive and then reinstalled via steam. He handed me the .pak 6e but not the 7e.

Dragonheels has the same problem ...

dragonheels
December 23rd, 2016, 12:28
A friend on our french forum find them in the vault rep. the file is CHAFGCOCCOC7ERS.dat but cannot be unzipped cause password protected

kael79
December 23rd, 2016, 12:35
Is it possible the ruleset file is in the Vault?

Yes, it is in Vault folder. Problem, it's protected by a password, of the blow I can not go to look for the string file.

EDIT: Dragonheels was faster ^^

damned
December 23rd, 2016, 12:36
Skellan - errr I missed 2 full pages... they have been added in for the first revison.

Hi dragonheels you didnt mention the dice tower in your original post - I never use the tower - it does indeed roll the wrong bonus die when the tower is used. Ill get it investigated.

dragonheels
December 23rd, 2016, 14:10
Skellan - errr I missed 2 full pages... they have been added in for the first revison.

Hi dragonheels you didnt mention the dice tower in your original post - I never use the tower - it does indeed roll the wrong bonus die when the tower is used. Ill get it investigated.

Thanks a lot Damned :)
Any chance to have the ruleset outside the vault ?

VenomousFiligree
December 23rd, 2016, 14:46
Dragged an NPC into the character window to create character from NPC. When I open the newly created character sheet I get the following Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_era.lua"]:242: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

VenomousFiligree
December 23rd, 2016, 14:56
Dragged an NPC into the character window to create character from NPC. When I open the newly created character sheet I get the following Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_era.lua"]:242: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

I did have the modern sheet selected in the options. It would appear that the damage bonus wasn't working correctly either with this setting as well.

VenomousFiligree
December 23rd, 2016, 15:16
Some of the Using the Ruleset module looks like it might have been written before things were finalised as a few statements are out.

ddavison
December 23rd, 2016, 15:46
Great news, thank you!

I have fixed the link to do a simple name and description search for all products containing "Cthulhu". It now shows the 7E ruleset at the top but also shows all the other content as well.

martel
December 23rd, 2016, 16:33
Hey, how can i do for translate English to .... when your ruleset is protected by password ..... ? thanks

VenomousFiligree
December 23rd, 2016, 18:09
0 - Crimson Letters. The link to 1.0 Keeper's Information opens up 4.7 Other Clues

borusa32
December 23rd, 2016, 18:18
This is absolutely marvellous-so when can we buy HOTOE for FG2?

VenomousFiligree
December 23rd, 2016, 19:45
Hmmm, looks like I might have been confusing 6e and 7e rulesets... :o

dberkompas
December 23rd, 2016, 19:46
Masks is in the store, will that hold you out until HotOE comes out? <grin>

Dave

damned
December 23rd, 2016, 21:10

I did have the modern sheet selected in the options. It would appear that the damage bonus wasn't working correctly either with this setting as well.

Some of the Using the Ruleset module looks like it might have been written before things were finalised as a few statements are out.

Hmmm, looks like I might have been confusing 6e and 7e rulesets... :o

Hi VenomousFiligree - the Modern Theme isnt required with v7 (it isnt an option to select unless you have modified the theme) so I think we are off the hook on this one :)

VenomousFiligree
December 23rd, 2016, 21:25
Hi VenomousFiligree - the Modern Theme isnt required with v7 (it isnt an option to select unless you have modified the theme) so I think we are off the hook on this one :)

The issues I had with the sheet whilst modern was selected is the only valid issue I posted (I believe). I had a clean install with the 7e ruleset loaded. Whilst I had both 6e and 7e modules loaded, there were no other extensions loaded.

damned
December 23rd, 2016, 21:32
Hey to all you awesome people who are wanting to do translations - I didnt know the ruleset was also encrypted - here is a basic extension for you to use for your translations. Start with this and if we need to add more files to it we can later on. I suggest you rename your extension as CoC7eBabylonian.ext or CoC7eSumerian.ext or whatever language you are translating too.

damned
December 23rd, 2016, 21:36
The issues I had with the sheet whilst modern was selected is the only valid issue I posted (I believe). I had a clean install with the 7e ruleset loaded. Whilst I had both 6e and 7e modules loaded, there were no other extensions loaded.

Got it - I can replicate - thanks!

dragonheels
December 23rd, 2016, 21:38
Big thanks for the string files, Damned !

VenomousFiligree
December 23rd, 2016, 21:43
Got it - I can replicate - thanks!

No problem, keep up the good work! :)

kael79
December 23rd, 2016, 21:45
Hey to all you awesome people who are wanting to do translations - I didnt know the ruleset was also encrypted - here is a basic extension for you to use for your translations. Start with this and if we need to add more files to it we can later on. I suggest you rename your extension as CoC7eBabylonian.ext or CoC7eSumerian.ext or whatever language you are translating too.

Thank you !

damned
December 24th, 2016, 01:31
VenomousFiligree here is a quick patch (by ianmward) to fix the issue you found with Modern Era PCs

dragonheels the Bonus Die in Dice Tower bug is still being investigated. What were you doing as a workaround with the 6e/7e extension where you first saw this?

Skellan
December 24th, 2016, 03:11
should it be deducting armor from damage?

ianmward
December 24th, 2016, 06:00
Hello Damned,

My fault, I imported an old charachter sheet I had I exported from the 'old' v7 extension.
But with a new fresh created one, I have no problems !
So it's OK for me. I will make fresh ones :)
EDIT
Actually, it also works with the old character sheet. All ok for skills rolls.

I made a fool of me and tested with an attribute (FOR, DEX...). In that case it works of none of them.
Now, I never uses bonus or penalties dices on those attributes... so.... :)

Hi dragonheels. Thanks for reporting this, I had not noticed the tower issue but now I have investigated, it has uncovered an interesting issue.

I have tracked it down and implemented a fix which seems to be working well. I will get SmiteWorks to line it up for the next release.

HoloGnome
December 24th, 2016, 06:13
Thanks Damned, et. al. I just picked up the ruleset. Got the updated 7E books last year...now I just have to find the time somewhere to decrustify from 5th. :confused:

VenomousFiligree
December 24th, 2016, 07:27
VenomousFiligree here is a quick patch (by ianmward) to fix the issue you found with Modern Era PCs

I don't see a patch? However I was only playing around so don't need anything urgently.

HoloGnome
December 24th, 2016, 07:37
If anyone is interested, I was just checking my CoC downloads, and it looks like there are new, bookmarked releases of the 7E rulebook and investigator's handbook as of 08 DEC 2016 @ chaosium.com.

ianmward
December 24th, 2016, 07:59
should it be deducting armor from damage?

It should.

ianmward
December 24th, 2016, 08:15

dragonheels the Bonus Die in Dice Tower bug is still being investigated. What were you doing as a workaround with the 6e/7e extension where you first saw this?

And here it is...

borusa32
December 24th, 2016, 09:00
Masks is in the store, will that hold you out until HotOE comes out? <grin>

Dave

Was only kidding but wouldn't it be marvellous?

borusa32
December 24th, 2016, 09:03
I know I should know by now but still a bit of a luddie-can anyone baby me through importing 6e stuff into 7e?
Is it from the start screen eg?

Peter

Skellan
December 24th, 2016, 09:53
I know I should know by now but still a bit of a luddie-can anyone baby me through importing 6e stuff into 7e?
Is it from the start screen eg?

Peter

Just open the module in 7e. It should just work

Skellan
December 24th, 2016, 09:56
It should.

Ok, not sure if I am doing something wrong but here is a screenshot of a Deep One vs Crocodile. The damage dealt is ignoring armor.

I am purely using the combat tracker and dragging and dropping damage onto the enemy on the combat tracker

Skellan
December 24th, 2016, 11:02
It also appears to be calculating HP as Con +Size /2 rather than Con plus Size / 10 when the race button is check to randomly calculate stats

dragonheels
December 24th, 2016, 12:41

Sorry ianmward , I do not understand what you mean. :(

dragonheels
December 24th, 2016, 13:08
Hi dragonheels. Thanks for reporting this, I had not noticed the tower issue but now I have investigated, it has uncovered an interesting issue.

I have tracked it down and implemented a fix which seems to be working well. I will get SmiteWorks to line it up for the next release.

You're welcome!

EDIT :
I just tested with the fix, but still have the same problem. I had 10,7,4. resulut : 7+4=11

damned
December 24th, 2016, 14:10
You're welcome!

EDIT :
I just tested with the fix, but still have the same problem. I had 10,7,4. resulut : 7+4=11

The fix was quite complex so it will not be done as an extension - it will be delivered in the first bug fix sometime in Jan.

Skellan
December 24th, 2016, 14:30
The fix was quite complex so it will not be done as an extension - it will be delivered in the first bug fix sometime in Jan.

Don't forget to have Christmas :D - merry Christmas mate.

dragonheels
December 24th, 2016, 14:31

Great! Thanks :)

VenomousFiligree
December 24th, 2016, 17:17
I'm currently creating pregens for an upcoming one shot. First two no issues. For PC three when I add a new fighting skill it starts with a default of -1.

Vanethian
December 24th, 2016, 17:18
M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S anyone at SmiteWorks and all their partners!!!! Thanks for your huge product and all your dedication to the fan base!!! Thanks Doug, thank you all :)

HoloGnome
December 24th, 2016, 17:51
M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S anyone at SmiteWorks and all their partners!!!! Thanks for your huge product and all your dedication to the fan base!!! Thanks Doug, thank you all :)

Ditto...and thanks to Tiny Tim who was visiting his relatives in New England and was taken by something dark and slimy that crawled out of a hallway mirror.

damned: All the fixes will be rolled into the main ruleset and we won't need any extensions after that point, right?

VenomousFiligree
December 24th, 2016, 18:05
A merry Christmas to all

ianmward
December 24th, 2016, 20:26
Ok, not sure if I am doing something wrong but here is a screenshot of a Deep One vs Crocodile. The damage dealt is ignoring armor.

I am purely using the combat tracker and dragging and dropping damage onto the enemy on the combat tracker

Oh, that's not good.
I'll see if I can reproduce.

ianmward
December 24th, 2016, 20:28
I'm currently creating pregens for an upcoming one shot. First two no issues. For PC three when I add a new fighting skill it starts with a default of -1.

The spelling is important. Can you share the details, please.

borusa32
December 24th, 2016, 21:13
Just open the module in 7e. It should just work

Super-have exported my campaign to a module and loaded to C7-no problems.

VenomousFiligree
December 24th, 2016, 21:19
The spelling is important. Can you share the details, please.

What details do you want?

Attached is an image of the sheet with a Brawling entry made and a blank entry just created.

kael79
December 24th, 2016, 22:04

For create a new figthing skill, name this Brawl or Axe or Chainsaw or Sword, ect. (respect case)
For Firearm, name this Handgun, ect...

The correctly rate applicate ^^

(sorry for my bad english)

kael79
December 24th, 2016, 23:01
Question: What is this button used for?

Skellan
December 24th, 2016, 23:53
It forces impaling damage. It checks on automatically on an extreme success or you can click it to do it manually

dberkompas
December 25th, 2016, 00:21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmyyR22RLGk

damned
December 25th, 2016, 04:36
Ditto...and thanks to Tiny Tim who was visiting his relatives in New England and was taken by something dark and slimy that crawled out of a hallway mirror.

damned: All the fixes will be rolled into the main ruleset and we won't need any extensions after that point, right?

Thats correct - after checking with Moon Wizard the updates will probably push with 3.2.2 because it breaks a tonne of things - cthulhu ftaghn!
So report away please and we will get as much of it completed before them.
Today Ive found that some of the occupations dont have descriptions... most strange - something got lost in proofing or combining or something rather more mysterious!

damned
December 25th, 2016, 04:41
What details do you want?

Attached is an image of the sheet with a Brawling entry made and a blank entry just created.

After some banging my head searching around... it is because the skill is Fighting Brawl not Brawling :)

damned
December 25th, 2016, 04:41
Skellan you have been doing your homework havent you!

VenomousFiligree
December 25th, 2016, 09:11
For create a new figthing skill, name this Brawl or Axe or Chainsaw or Sword, ect. (respect case)
For Firearm, name this Handgun, ect...

The correctly rate applicate ^^

(sorry for my bad english)

Thanks! :)

VenomousFiligree
December 25th, 2016, 09:12
After some banging my head searching around... it is because the skill is Fighting Brawl not Brawling :)

Yep, sorrrryyyy..... ;)

kael79
December 25th, 2016, 10:00
Hello and Merry Christmas!

Thank you again for the translation base.

I translated the extension into French, but this brings a script error that I can not verify:
Script Error: [string "scripts / manager_era.lua"]: 242: bad argument # 1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

There are still a few untranslated fields in Personal and Inventory.
Finally, there are some alignment problems, especially in the DB, Build and Dodge area on the Main tab. I can manage to shorten the length of words on other tabs.

Lately, the skills are not translated into the skills tab.

Jean Yves.

damned
December 25th, 2016, 10:12
Thats correct - after checking with Moon Wizard the updates will probably push with 3.2.2 because it breaks a tonne of things - cthulhu ftaghn!
So report away please and we will get as much of it completed before them.
Today Ive found that some of the occupations dont have descriptions... most strange - something got lost in proofing or combining or something rather more mysterious!

Actually the CoC7e Rulebook doesnt have those descriptions either so ignore that.

damned
December 25th, 2016, 10:26
Ive sent you a PM to get some more info.

Muwak
December 25th, 2016, 17:58
Nice work, but i still have issues with sharing NPC (as i had in the 6th ed):

When you Share an NPC, it is shown to the Players only with the appearance-tab. (Just as expected)

but when Players open an shared NPC from the NPC List-View, it is shown to them with all Stats and Data.

Any Idea how to fix it?

Skellan
December 25th, 2016, 18:09
I thought that as how it was supposed to work so the player can use the NPC?

Muwak
December 25th, 2016, 18:20
This might be the better solution in some strongly strategy-based games.

But in an investigation, horror and mysterygame like CoC players shouldnt see that much of an NPC

At least thats my opinion:

There is always Information, you don't want the players to see. Just think about the new identification thing, or datafields for GM-Notes in the Item-Dialog or the DOE extensions.

so showing everything about an NPC means to bring the sharing option next to useless

But i think, its extremely useful to provide thr Players with a list of NPCs they already met which contains an brief description of the things they know about them.

And the developers seem to agree with me here because the description is the only thing displayed when you share the NPC but the whole sheet shows up, when a player reopens ist later.

It would be really cool to bring up a choice wether you wanna show the whole NPC-Sheet or only the description.

Skellan
December 25th, 2016, 19:19
I get you. I have previously only used the share npc option to enable players to control their allies so I don't have to. I haven't used it to share information about bad guys. I can see how it would be nice to share certain parts of npc information but you would have to be careful to only reveal what information the characters have found out about a non ally npc. It might be better to create an npc section in the notes so the players can note their suspicions on it etc. A 'share only appearance' option would be good though.

Skellan
December 25th, 2016, 19:21
Noticed a typo in bind nightgaunt spell > The description is missing the word 'dice'

damned
December 25th, 2016, 22:36
This might be the better solution in some strongly strategy-based games.

But in an investigation, horror and mysterygame like CoC players shouldnt see that much of an NPC

At least thats my opinion:

There is always Information, you don't want the players to see. Just think about the new identification thing, or datafields for GM-Notes in the Item-Dialog or the DOE extensions.

so showing everything about an NPC means to bring the sharing option next to useless

But i think, its extremely useful to provide thr Players with a list of NPCs they already met which contains an brief description of the things they know about them.

And the developers seem to agree with me here because the description is the only thing displayed when you share the NPC but the whole sheet shows up, when a player reopens ist later.

It would be really cool to bring up a choice wether you wanna show the whole NPC-Sheet or only the description.

Sharing of NPCs is a CoreRPG feature and shares the whole entry. We will have a look at the request to be able to share only the one tab but no promises - it is all stored in the one db node so once shared it is.... shared.

damned
December 25th, 2016, 22:36
Noticed a typo in bind nightgaunt spell > The description is missing the word 'dice'

Thank you.

Sjelsyk
December 25th, 2016, 23:42
There's a bug I've seen while playing around with the ruleset. I might be doing something wrong, but when creating a character and I get to the point of choosing a Occupation, I drag the occupation to the character sheet, which works fine. However, when I press the added occupation in order to select personal skills (etc) based on the occupation - I run into a weird issue with Fighting (or any other skill where you can type in the name of the skill, Fighting: Brawl etc.). What happens is this:

(And as I was about to post this, I also noticed how Credit Rating ended up extremely high, despite me not adding any skill points at this point - could this be related to me choosing Credit Rating as one of the Personal skills?).

As you can see, it does this with Art/Craft as well, despite it being pre-set on the Occupation.

damned
December 25th, 2016, 23:53
There's a bug I've seen while playing around with the ruleset. I might be doing something wrong, but when creating a character and I get to the point of choosing a Occupation, I drag the occupation to the character sheet, which works fine. However, when I press the added occupation in order to select personal skills (etc) based on the occupation - I run into a weird issue with Fighting (or any other skill where you can type in the name of the skill, Fighting: Brawl etc.). What happens is this:

(And as I was about to post this, I also noticed how Credit Rating ended up extremely high, despite me not adding any skill points at this point - could this be related to me choosing Credit Rating as one of the Personal skills?).

As you can see, it does this with Art/Craft as well, despite it being pre-set on the Occupation.

Hi Sjelsyk yeah I have a work-in-progress quick start guide for the ruleset. I will try and get this out soon!
Its best if you build your character in the order that the ruleset specifies -
Roll Characteristics - there is a table that will do your dice rolling in one go but doesnt do the multiplication.
Then choose an Occupation - drag and drop or use the link button.
Then Edit Skills and allocate points and add any new skills - then stop the editing mode
For Equipment make sure you drag weapons into Inventory and they should auto-populate weapons.

As to Fighting Brawl I think that is expected behaviour... ianmward did the coding so Im not completely across the logic - can you explain what you are expecting to see or what you are seeing that isnt working for you?

Muwak
December 25th, 2016, 23:56
Sharing of NPCs is a CoreRPG feature and shares the whole entry. We will have a look at the request to be able to share only the one tab but no promises - it is all stored in the one db node so once shared it is.... shared.

Yes i Know about this. But i don't expect players to be hackers wo dive to deep into the FG-Structure. As long as it is invisible they won't see it, regardless if thier client can see the information or not.

In the 6ed i managed to achieve this simply by hiding the tabs on the side and auto-switching to the description-Page. I guess there is a more elegant way to hide a whole page, but through my limited knowledge of the FG-Api, this was fastest for me.

I would figure it out myself, bit the encrypted ruleset makes modifications like this much harder than it used to be.

damned
December 26th, 2016, 00:01
Thanks Muwak just sent you a PM.
Yes the encrypted ruleset is a brand new thing Ive not seen before....

Sjelsyk
December 26th, 2016, 00:07
Hi Sjelsyk yeah I have a work-in-progress quick start guide for the ruleset. I will try and get this out soon!
Roll Characteristics - there is a table that will do your dice rolling in one go but doesnt do the multiplication.
Then Edit Skills and allocate points and add any new skills - then stop the editing mode
For Equipment make sure you drag weapons into Inventory and they should auto-populate weapons.

As to Fighting Brawl I think that is expected behaviour... ianmward did the coding so Im not completely across the logic - can you explain what you are expecting to see or what you are seeing that isnt working for you?

It's just weird that if I type "Brawl" under a "Fighting" skill in the Occupation (after it's added to the character, by pressing the button next to the occupation name in the character sheet), it will show up on the skill list as "Fighting: B", "Fighting: Br", "Fighting: Bra", "Fighting: Braw" and "Fighting: Brawl". I assume it's not meant to do this. :)

I think the screenshot represent this fairly well, that I get a list of "Fighting" skills with -1 and then finally the one with the complete name shows correctly. I find it even weirder though that this happens with for example "Art/Craft: Instrument", since this is a skill that was already set on the Occupation, but still there's two blank "Art/Craft" skills and one with Instrument.

damned
December 26th, 2016, 00:10
It's just weird that if I type "Brawl" under a "Fighting" skill in the Occupation (after it's added to the character, by pressing the button next to the occupation name in the character sheet), it will show up on the skill list as "Fighting: B", "Fighting: Br", "Fighting: Bra", "Fighting: Braw" and "Fighting: Brawl". I assume it's not meant to do this. :)

I think the screenshot represent this fairly well, that I get a list of "Fighting" skills with -1 and then finally the one with the complete name shows correctly. I find it even weirder though that this happens with for example "Art/Craft: Instrument", since this is a skill that was already set on the Occupation, but still there's two blank "Art/Craft" skills and one with Instrument.

Ohhhh.... I had thought you put those in manually to show that they show -1 until you get the skill right...?
I cannot replicate that behaviour... have you got any extensions loaded?

Sjelsyk
December 26th, 2016, 00:17

Ohhhh.... I had thought you put those in manually to show that they show -1 until you get the skill right...?
I cannot replicate that behaviour... have you got any extensions loaded?

Ahh, that makes sense. But no, I've tested it on two different machines and it does the same thing on both and there's no extensions installed.

damned
December 26th, 2016, 00:17
I also just created a Musician named Michael George and I used the table to roll (am going to experiment with outputting this as a Story instead...) and did the calc and added (I rolled fairly well too I might add!) and then I chose the Musician occupation and selected my various skills.
One the first I did not choose Credit rating and I didnt see any abnormalities but on choosing Credit Rating I did also get around 125 of my Personal Skill points allocated to it...
Im pretty sure this is not expected :)
Ill queue it up for investigation.
In the meantime - edit the skill and allocate the correct amount of points and the rest will be returned to your pool.

damned
December 26th, 2016, 00:19
Ahh, that makes sense. But no, I've tested it on two different machines and it does the same thing on both and there's no extensions installed.

Can anyone else browsing this thread see if they can replicate this for me?
Not that it should matter but can you tell me what Campaign Options you have manually changed (if any) and what Modules you have open?

Sjelsyk
December 26th, 2016, 00:28
Can anyone else browsing this thread see if they can replicate this for me?
Not that it should matter but can you tell me what Campaign Options you have manually changed (if any) and what Modules you have open?

I haven't done any Campaign Options changes, and the only modules I've loaded (on this machine) are "Call of Cthulhu 7e" and "CoC 7e Reference". On the other I tested it on I also had "Masks of Nyarlathotep" loaded.

@Credit Rating/Musician: Hah, yeah I guess that's very unexpected :D And yeah, of course when it spams different Fighting skills (or anything unexpected like the CR), you can easily delete them/change it and just keep the proper skill as a temporary fix, but I just wanted to inform you guys what I ran into :)

Edit: And it seems you have your next character ready :D

damned
December 26th, 2016, 00:30
I haven't done any Campaign Options changes, and the only modules I've loaded (on this machine) are "Call of Cthulhu 7e" and "CoC 7e Reference". On the other I tested it on I also had "Masks of Nyarlathotep" loaded.

@Credit Rating/Musician: Hah, yeah I guess that's very unexpected :D And yeah, of course when it spams different Fighting skills (or anything unexpected like the CR), you can easily delete them/change it and just keep the proper skill as a temporary fix, but I just wanted to inform you guys what I ran into :)

Ive just deleted my ruleset, updated and re-tested... I cant replicate the Fighting Skills so Ill need someone else to replicate for me or Ill have to suggest that the insanity has taken you! Only joking. Have added the Credit Rating thing.

damned
December 26th, 2016, 01:27
Ok Sjelsyk I have worked it out! You are adding Fighting as a skill choice on the Occupations and then you are adding in Brawl there!
For now please just add Fighting and add Brawl in the character sheet itself. It wont do this then. Ill add it as a (minor for now) bug.

martel
December 26th, 2016, 06:34
Hey,

First test: creating a character
1) I add weapons (bow, knife, pistol)
2) I add in the skills window a few points in each type of weapon (I close the edition mode well)
3) I go back to page 1, and I see that my percentages of weapons do not change ... is that normal. Do you need to manually match the weapon and weapon skills points?

ianmward
December 26th, 2016, 06:51
Hey,

First test: creating a character
1) I add weapons (bow, knife, pistol)
2) I add in the skills window a few points in each type of weapon (I close the edition mode well)
3) I go back to page 1, and I see that my percentages of weapons do not change ... is that normal. Do you need to manually match the weapon and weapon skills points?

Right now, I'm afraid so. If you follow the recommended character creation steps, you would have fixed the skill values before adding equipment, so it would not be an issue until you do your skill improvement rolls.

You might find they update if you restart.

I'll look at maybe linking them in an upcoming release.

ianmward
December 26th, 2016, 06:52
Ok Sjelsyk I have worked it out! You are adding Fighting as a skill choice on the Occupations and then you are adding in Brawl there!
For now please just add Fighting and add Brawl in the character sheet itself. It wont do this then. Ill add it as a (minor for now) bug.

That's it damned. I've reproduced and fixed it for the next release.

ianmward
December 26th, 2016, 06:56
This is absolutely marvellous-so when can we buy HOTOE for FG2?

Not promising timelines... but there are plans.

Sjelsyk
December 26th, 2016, 09:56

Yeah, exactly! Sorry if my explanation wasn't good enough to explain the initial problem straight away, but at least you've sorted it out.

I also see that ianmward has fixed it for next update so all is good :) Thanks!

Muwak
December 26th, 2016, 14:59

Skill translation doesn't work via the string-Files. Once more the problem is the encrypted ruleset. In de 6ed version, the skills were defined in the manager_era.lua file and i am quite sure, its the same in 7ed but i don't have access to the file.

VenomousFiligree
December 26th, 2016, 19:47
Am I missing something, or are Build and Magic Points not on the NPC sheets?

Edit:
Also the letter tokens seem to be missing a few letters (I think this is CoC related, as they didn't appear to be there at all in the 5e ruleset).

Muwak
December 26th, 2016, 20:54
Could it be, that item-identification has been disabled in this ruleset? The fields and buttons are missing and i get an error when i try to open an item from my running campaign;

Runtime Notice: Host session started
Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (Ruleset: CallOfCthulhu7E) (campaign\scripts\charmini_invlist.lua)
Runtime Notice: s'CallOfCthulhu7E'
Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (nonidentified) in windowclass (item_main)
Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (identified) in windowclass (item_main)

Before someone asks: of course i enabled the feature in the settings-menu

VenomousFiligree
December 26th, 2016, 22:39
Reference Manual - C8 Sanity - The Effects of Sanity - A Bout of Madness Summary - The example box is around the mechanics text rather than the example.

Skellan
December 26th, 2016, 23:12
Chapter 9: Using magic - 4th paragraph of learning a spell - I think 'Learning a spell from a mythos book' should be a heading

Skellan
December 27th, 2016, 00:18
Am I missing something, or are Build and Magic Points not on the NPC sheets?

Also npc's perhaps need a luck stat?

Chapter 10- >The Idea roll - should the 'luck for non-player characters' section be removed from the example box.

i know I am posting amends a fair bit but I don't want to sound negative. I am doing it because I really like the ruleset :D

tlavalle
December 27th, 2016, 01:52
delete

Skellan
December 27th, 2016, 01:57
This ruleset is awesome. There's lots of cool automation to it. I have been going through it pretty closely and it works great. I have just been posting a minor cosmetic things which are to be expected with a ruleset this big.

VenomousFiligree
December 27th, 2016, 09:20
i know I am posting amends a fair bit but I don't want to sound negative. I am doing it because I really like the ruleset :D

Yep, me too! Really liking what I've seen so far.

damned
December 27th, 2016, 10:34
Hi guys - thanks for all the bug reporting - your efforts at finding and reporting are appreciated.

damned
December 27th, 2016, 12:31
Skill translation doesn't work via the string-Files. Once more the problem is the encrypted ruleset. In de 6ed version, the skills were defined in the manager_era.lua file and i am quite sure, its the same in 7ed but i don't have access to the file.

Ive added that file to this extenion but have not tested AT ALL what will happen if you modify. I suspect its going to screw with the Occupations automation...
Please let me know your findings.

Skellan
December 27th, 2016, 12:57
You're going to be thrilled to know I have finished reading the reference manual.

Just a couple of things I noted:

C10> magic. There are a couple of headings that I think might need changing from body text to Heading fonts

Same with C10 > Creating scenarios

damned
December 27th, 2016, 13:28
You're going to be thrilled to know I have finished reading the reference manual.

Just a couple of things I noted:

C10> magic. There are a couple of headings that I think might need changing from body text to Heading fonts

Same with C10 > Creating scenarios

I deliberated a lot on Headings vs Bold Text right thru this damn manual (and doing the same in the IG!). Zacchaeus has also made the same suggestion to me about a number of sections. Would you mind sharing exact headings that you think should change so I can confirm one way or another. My response to Z was no in most cases because I felt that the book definitely had them in a much smaller font than the others that are headings. If we had h2 and h3 tags then they would get one of those in most cases. I will review all your suggestions but I may not act on them all! :)

Thank you for your efforts on this Skellan.

damned
December 27th, 2016, 13:30
As soon as I wrote that I had a peek - and in this case I agree.... Ill go change them now... :bandit:

Edit: but only for the Magic section and not the Creating Campaigns...

VenomousFiligree
December 27th, 2016, 14:42
Table VII titled Bouts of Madness, should it be titled Bouts of Madness-(Real Time) and then table VIII Bouts of Madness-(Summary) also included?

Also both the Violence and the Mania entries have random "1D10 Duration" inserted in the text

dragonheels
December 27th, 2016, 15:39
Hello,
I'm testing NPC in the CT. My NPC's has an automatically calculated Damage Bonus: +1D4. That's correct.
In 'weapon' I put Brawl 75% with 1d3 damage.
When using this dommage, the 1d3 is taken in account, but not the damage bonus (+1d4).
Is it due to my brawl weapon who is maybe not recognised as a "melee" one ?

I also cannot drag and drop hand weapon from the table into my npc. Neiythe with fierarms table. Dunnow if it's sth you had forceast or not

VenomousFiligree
December 27th, 2016, 15:54
For NPCs I believe the damage bonus has to be added in the "Dmg" box, so "1D3+db"

dragonheels
December 27th, 2016, 16:45
For NPCs I believe the damage bonus has to be added in the "Dmg" box, so "1D3+db"
U're right, it works so. thanks :)

Sjelsyk
December 27th, 2016, 19:13
There seems to be other issues with NPC's as well (Something I at least notice very well when creating NPC Race).

Instead on dividing the Con+Siz on 10, it seems to divide on 2 - giving them HP which is a lot higher than it should be.

Could it be that the MP is also wrong (it seems high as well) - it seems to take the full POW value, which is a little high now that there's % stats :)

Edit: I also want to point out how great everything looks in the ruleset (The layout in the rulebook is amazing and is so well designed that I don't have to look up stuff in the books anymore, something I often felt I had to do in the 6E version due to how it was designed). And in general I'm very happy with the ruleset and in no way displeased with it :) Just that reporting bugs can sometimes sound like that, hah.

Muwak
December 27th, 2016, 19:23
Ive added that file to this extenion but have not tested AT ALL what will happen if you modify. I suspect its going to screw with the Occupations automation...
Please let me know your findings.

It probably will... :)

and as far as i suspect it's also gonna kill some automatically calculated Base-Values (at least it did so in the old set).

As long as you keep providing the necessary files, it shouldn't be a big deal to fix it. Of course we could keep the englisch Skill-Names but IMHO an incomplete localisation is not very satisfying.

Except the skills, the german Version is close to complete.

spite
December 27th, 2016, 20:46
Just a (probably dumb) question.
I opened the Utilies module from the 6e ruleset stuff, and tried to drag the ready-made investigators into the character window. It made them, but with weird numbers for their characteristics. Here is a side by side. https://puu.sh/t2Pn1/25de38b61c.jpg

Is this intended to work how I tihnk it is? I remember reading that stuff is meant to auto-update to 7e but can't figure out if this is one of the things.

damned
December 27th, 2016, 21:19
Table VII titled Bouts of Madness, should it be titled Bouts of Madness-(Real Time) and then table VIII Bouts of Madness-(Summary) also included?

Also both the Violence and the Mania entries have random "1D10 Duration" inserted in the text

Hi VenomousFiligree could you explain the first point again?

My copy of those two reads like this:

<b>3) Violence:</b> A red mist descends on the investigator and they explode in a spree of uncontrolled violence and destruction directed at their surroundings, allies or foes alike for 1D10 rounds.

<b>10) Mania:</b> The investigator gains a new mania. Roll 1D100 on <b>Table X: Sample Manias</b>, or the Keeper may choose one. The investigator seeks to indulge in their new mania for the next 1D10 rounds.

To me that looks right?

damned
December 27th, 2016, 21:20

U're right, it works so. thanks :)

Thanks guys.

damned
December 27th, 2016, 21:22
There seems to be other issues with NPC's as well (Something I at least notice very well when creating NPC Race).

Instead on dividing the Con+Siz on 10, it seems to divide on 2 - giving them HP which is a lot higher than it should be.

Could it be that the MP is also wrong (it seems high as well) - it seems to take the full POW value, which is a little high now that there's % stats :)

Edit: I also want to point out how great everything looks in the ruleset (The layout in the rulebook is amazing and is so well designed that I don't have to look up stuff in the books anymore, something I often felt I had to do in the 6E version due to how it was designed). And in general I'm very happy with the ruleset and in no way displeased with it :) Just that reporting bugs can sometimes sound like that, hah.

Hi Sjelsyk added to the list to check. This has been reported for PCs too I think. Thanks for your comments :)

damned
December 27th, 2016, 21:27
I opened the Utilies module from the 6e ruleset stuff, and tried to drag the ready-made investigators into the character window. It made them, but with weird numbers for their characteristics. Here is a side by side. https://puu.sh/t2Pn1/25de38b61c.jpg

Is this intended to work how I tihnk it is? I remember reading that stuff is meant to auto-update to 7e but can't figure out if this is one of the things.

Nahhh... that dosnt seem to have worked...
It should have recalculated those stats.

If you have 6e - just as a test - can you open a 6e campaign and import and then export one of those characters and then import to a 7e campaign?
I suspect its the way that character is coming in its missing the conversion routine.

VenomousFiligree
December 27th, 2016, 21:29

<b>3) Violence:</b> A red mist descends on the investigator and they explode in a spree of uncontrolled violence and destruction directed at their surroundings, allies or foes alike for 1D10 rounds.

<b>10) Mania:</b> The investigator gains a new mania. Roll 1D100 on <b>Table X: Sample Manias</b>, or the Keeper may choose one. The investigator seeks to indulge in their new mania for the next 1D10 rounds.

To me that looks right?

Screen grab attached.

damned
December 27th, 2016, 21:32
Thanks VenomousFiligree I was looking in the Reference Manual!

VenomousFiligree
December 27th, 2016, 21:33

To me that looks right?

Forgot the first point. In the book there are two tables: VII Bouts of Madness-(Real Time) and VIII Bouts of Madness-(Summary), you just have one and it doesn't detail in the heading which it is.

VenomousFiligree
December 27th, 2016, 21:35
Thanks VenomousFiligree I was looking in the Reference Manual!

Glad to help! The other issue is referring to tables in the Reference section too.

Skellan
December 27th, 2016, 22:36
I deliberated a lot on Headings vs Bold Text right thru this damn manual (and doing the same in the IG!). Zacchaeus has also made the same suggestion to me about a number of sections. Would you mind sharing exact headings that you think should change so I can confirm one way or another. My response to Z was no in most cases because I felt that the book definitely had them in a much smaller font than the others that are headings. If we had h2 and h3 tags then they would get one of those in most cases. I will review all your suggestions but I may not act on them all! :)

Thank you for your efforts on this Skellan.

I don't really mind either way.

The ones I meant are:

C10> magic > Tomes. 'Using the Optional rule: spontaneous use of the cthulhu mythos skill' and 4 paragraphs later 'Entering the world of cthulhu mythos'

C10 > Creating scenarios 'Begin with a compelling opening scene' looks like it should be in bold

If its a style choice its fine. It just looked odd to me :)

damned
December 27th, 2016, 22:39
I don't really mind either way.

The ones I meant are:

C10> magic > Tomes. 'Using the Optional rule: spontaneous use of the cthulhu mythos skill' and 4 paragraphs later 'Entering the world of cthulhu mythos'

C10 > Creating scenarios 'Begin with a compelling opening scene' looks like it should be in bold

If its a style choice its fine. It just looked odd to me :)

I had changed the first two - and I completely missed the third - thanks - updated now!

spite
December 28th, 2016, 07:29
Nahhh... that dosnt seem to have worked...
It should have recalculated those stats.

If you have 6e - just as a test - can you open a 6e campaign and import and then export one of those characters and then import to a 7e campaign?
I suspect its the way that character is coming in its missing the conversion routine.

Before I even got to that point. I closed deleted the characters, and redragged them and it worked fine.
*shrug*
Not sure what happened to make it work, but if it comes up again I'll try to follow exactly the steps in case there was a trick to making it work one way or the other

ianmward
December 28th, 2016, 10:12

If you open the npc first, it will convert the stats to 7e. Then drag to PCs and it should work ok.

Snake
December 28th, 2016, 11:28
Hi all,

I'm new on these forums and first of all would like to thank you for releasing a 7th ed. ruleset as I was really looking forward to use FG to play the new Call of Cthulhu edition with.

That said, I would like to report a bug with the new ruleset. When picking an occupation for a character, the Credit rating allowed on the sheet is not a range. It gets modified automatically to either end of the credit rating range.

E.g. An author would have a Credit Rating set to 9 or 30, never any value in between.

Thank you for your attention and keep up the great work!

damned
December 28th, 2016, 11:47
Hi snake and welcome. There is a credit rating bug - its posted earlier in this thread and has been fixed for the first round of fixes/updates.
AFAIK once fixed it will always give you 9 for a Musician and you can choose to spend points on it up to 30... but I could be wrong :)

EDIT: Author, I mean author... and a bunch of other lazy so and so artistic types...

Snake
December 28th, 2016, 12:00
Ahahah thank you for the prompt reply, Damned.

I have been skimming through the thread but must have missed a previous report of the same bug.

Will it be possible for the credit rating to go beyond the starting range? In game, people can go broke by losing their job or become richer than what is initially allowed.

damned
December 28th, 2016, 12:17
Ahahah thank you for the prompt reply, Damned.

I have been skimming through the thread but must have missed a previous report of the same bug.

Will it be possible for the credit rating to go beyond the starting range? In game, people can go broke by losing their job or become richer than what is initially allowed.

Of course :)
You might also find a hidden nazi treasure trove if only that damned cult would stop trying to feed you to some unmentionable horror...
The character sheet wont stop you from going outside these ranges.

Sjelsyk
December 28th, 2016, 18:53
Hmm, shouldn't the "Cash and Assets" part of the character sheet be different now, seeing as the new system uses Cash, Assets and Spending Level instead of all the stuff from 6E. :)

Edit: I also see the Credit Rating issue that the person mentioned, which is slightly different than the problem I had. It's the fact that in the "Occupation Points" you can only spent either the lowest score, or the highest score and no in-between. You can however keep the minimum and put the rest in the final column (Spent), even if that won't show correctly with the skills (but it works temporarily at least, just keep the remaining sum left in Occ and you won't use too much points.

dragonheels
December 28th, 2016, 18:59
Does anybody have a explnation of how to use the CT ?
If, as A, I attack B, and B dodge for instance...
What is best ?
Usually, I drag and drop the skill brawl (or other) on the target in the CT. But the target has to roll dodge too, so results can be compared.
What is the best for that ?
Then for damage, I also drop that onto the target...
Is ist all correct ? I'm not sure at all about the best way concerning the roll made by the attacked person...

Sjelsyk
December 28th, 2016, 19:04
Does anybody have a explnation of how to use the CT ?
If, as A, I attack B, and B dodge for instance...
What is best ?
Usually, I drag and drop the skill brawl (or other) on the target in the CT. But the target has to roll dodge too, so results can be compared.
What is the best for that ?
Then for damage, I also drop that onto the target...
Is ist all correct ? I'm not sure at all about the best way concerning the roll made by the attacked person...

I usually ask the party who they're targeting this round and then I put targets for them within CT. That way they can just roll from the character sheet and it will go towards the enemy they've targeted. Of course, after they've done their attack you have to roll the dodge manually (or fight back in 7E, in which case you can roll at the same time). I donno if this is the correct way to do it, but it works pretty well for me/us.

dragonheels
December 28th, 2016, 19:06
I usually ask the party who they're targeting this round and then I put targets for them within CT. That way they can just roll from the character sheet and it will go towards the enemy they've targeted. Of course, after they've done their attack you have to roll the dodge manually (or fight back in 7E, in which case you can roll at the same time). I donno if this is the correct way to do it, but it works pretty well for me/us.

Thanks. How do you target for each of them at the start of the round ?

Sjelsyk
December 28th, 2016, 19:14
Thanks. How do you target for each of them at the start of the round ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y9w0l59gys3k4nk/targeting%201.PNG?dl=0

See the Target icon next to the green face thing? Click it and you'll get the line below it. Next drag the target button to the enemy this person/NPC/Enemy is targeting. You'll then see that their picture show up in the target, like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rpexv69kgjr35b4/targeting%202.PNG?dl=0

Close this line by clicking on the first Target thing next to the green face (or red if it's the enemy) and it will show like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/golvu1opeabgpyk/targeting%203.PNG?dl=0

Now that character can just roll his skills and it will target this enemy. :) At least it worked like that in 6E, so I assume it's the same in 7E.

dragonheels
December 28th, 2016, 19:18
Big thanks Sjelsyk !

Snake
December 28th, 2016, 19:42
Something else I bumped into: When selecting a language, art or science type in the occupation window, it creates several entries on the character sheet as shown in the picture attached.

Also, the Archaeologist occupation is missing.

Agree with Sjelsyk above, about the credit rating needing to be changed to the 7th edition version.

Trenloe
December 28th, 2016, 19:45
Something else I bumped into: When selecting a language, art or science type in the occupation window, it creates several entries on the character sheet as shown in the picture attached.
Reported here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35672-Call-of-Cthulhu-7E-ruleset&p=309574&viewfull=1#post309574

For the meantime, workaround is mentioned here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35672-Call-of-Cthulhu-7E-ruleset&p=309594&viewfull=1#post309594

Skellan
December 28th, 2016, 20:13
Also players can ctrl-left click on creatures on the combat tracker to target them the same way. I usually just drag and drop onto the tracker but its whatever suits you best :)

Sjelsyk
December 28th, 2016, 20:15
Oh, didn't know that :D That saves me some work! Thanks Skellan.

damned
December 28th, 2016, 21:51
Hmm, shouldn't the "Cash and Assets" part of the character sheet be different now, seeing as the new system uses Cash, Assets and Spending Level instead of all the stuff from 6E. :)

Edit: I also see the Credit Rating issue that the person mentioned, which is slightly different than the problem I had. It's the fact that in the "Occupation Points" you can only spent either the lowest score, or the highest score and no in-between. You can however keep the minimum and put the rest in the final column (Spent), even if that won't show correctly with the skills (but it works temporarily at least, just keep the remaining sum left in Occ and you won't use too much points.

Hi Sjelsyk we can change Income to Spending Level. We looked at ditching the last 3 fields and putting in a single field but didnt see much difference either way. What do you guys all think?

Ahhh... I have found the specific Credit Rating issue you mention. Does seem buggy to me too...

Snake
December 28th, 2016, 21:57
Hi Sjelsyk we can change Income to Spending Level. We looked at ditching the last 3 fields and putting in a single field but didnt see much difference either way. What do you guys all think?

Three fields named Cash, Spending Level and Assets would be perfect, imo.

Sjelsyk
December 28th, 2016, 21:59

Ahhh... I have found the specific Credit Rating issue you mention. Does seem buggy to me too...

I'd prefer to have Income changed to Spending Level, Cash on Hand to Cash and the third to Assets (I don't remember quite what it is in FG - have logged out now), or in the way they are written in the book. The two last fields could be removed (I think). Mainly cause I assume I will end up having to explain what to write where with some of the players... and if they end up creating characters over and over and always having to explain them that then that can be tedious. But let's hear what others think about that :)

And yeah, the Credit Rating seems buggy, but the temp fix for this is to just write the extra value in Spent and just be on the positive side on Occupation Skills :) So it's not too critical as long as you know that.

ianmward
December 28th, 2016, 22:45

That's right, although I also added the possibility of marking it the attack as an impaling weapon so that the damage calculates correctly on extreme success.

You can specify this using |Imp at the end, and for consistency, you can also use | for the damage bonus. So, for sword it might be '1d6|db|Imp'

ianmward
December 28th, 2016, 22:51
Alright, alright... I'll take a look... :-)

VenomousFiligree
December 28th, 2016, 23:07
Ran a session today and overall very impressed. A couple of "issues":

Hit points appear incorrect (already reported I believe).
On a sanity roll the roll report suggests a luck spend (if applicable), however luck can't be spent on sanity rolls.
When a lot of players roll dice together the roll reports are often a wall of text and difficult to easily interpret. Is it possible the roll result (fail, regular success, etc) could be bolded?

spite
December 28th, 2016, 23:39

On a sanity roll the roll report suggests a luck spend (if applicable), however luck can't be spent on sanity rolls.
When a lot of players roll dice together the roll reports are often a wall of text and difficult to easily interpret. Is it possible the roll result (fail, regular success, etc) could be bolded?

Seconding the result being lost in text. It'd be great to have the result if not bolded, then on a seperate line in much the same way as a attack roll is seperated in the DnD rulesets.
Of course, knowing as much as Jon Snow, I don't know how difficult this would be

VenomousFiligree
December 28th, 2016, 23:43
I can't seem to find the Summaries in Chapter 16: Appendices, any reason they weren't included?

damned
December 29th, 2016, 06:02

Hi VenomousFiligree is hat the HP based on Size issue?
Thank you - will look at the Sanity rolls.
Hmmm... unfortunately the whole message is always in the same font definition there is no way to highlight part of it (a feature that would indeed be useful).
I will discuss with ianmward the Pro's and Con's of splitting the message up. He has already done this for some rolls in the next build so its a possibility.

Sjelsyk
December 29th, 2016, 15:36
Back again for more, hah. I'm trying to run a "Modern" game, so I went into the settings and chose "Modern", but now it doesn't show any skills or anything. I get these errors as I move around in the PC sheet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ob59zxzvie1s010/modern%20-%20error.PNG?dl=0

damned
December 29th, 2016, 21:16
Sjelsyk have you modified the modern_era.lua in the translations extension? I suspect that is what is causing this for you.
If so please email it to me and I will see if we can find an easy solution to this. In the meantime... comment that file out of the extension.

Sjelsyk
December 29th, 2016, 21:28
I don't use any extensions... Might have to try and reinstall it or test it on the other machine.

damned
December 29th, 2016, 21:34
I don't use any extensions... Might have to try and reinstall it or test it on the other machine.

Delete the CoC ruleset and re-run the update.
/vault/CHAFGCOCCOC7ERS.dat

Sjelsyk
December 29th, 2016, 21:49
I tried to delete it and re-run the update to download it again. I opened the already made Campaign and it still gave me errors.

When I tried to create a new Campaign (in case some data in the old campaign was 'locked' on 1920's), I still get the same error message (or similar error settings, now with a Ruleset Warning also):

Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (Ruleset: CallOfCthulhu7E) (campaign\scripts\charmini_invlist.lua)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_era.lua"]:242: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_era.lua"]:242: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

Edit: I tested it on the other machine I sometimes run FG off of as well, and it seems to be the same issue here. So I don't know if it's install specific. Only thing I could think of is that it might be related to me buying it from Steam instead of FG store. Could it be that the files differ from each other?

damned
December 29th, 2016, 21:54
I tried to delete it and re-run the update to download it again. I opened the already made Campaign and it still gave me errors.

When I tried to create a new Campaign (in case some data in the old campaign was 'locked' on 1920's), I still get the same error message (or similar error settings, now with a Ruleset Warning also):

I cant replicate.
Ive opened a 1920s campaign with characters and switched to Modern and opened the charsheet and I dont get errors.
Can you email me your campaign db.xml?
What happens with new characters?

Sjelsyk
December 29th, 2016, 22:09
Weird that it doesn't happen for you. Could it be, as I wrote in the edit, that it's related to the file that I get from Steam (since I bought it on Steam)? Anyone else who bought it on Steam that can test?

Sent you a message with the db.xml, even though there wasn't much information in it. I've tested with a new (fresh) campaign and with a already existing campaign and it seems to just affect the PC sheet.

It's when I open old or when I create and open a new character that it shows up.

Vanethian
December 29th, 2016, 23:54
I've had many bugs in this evening session, ok first of all 1 player could non connect since he was having errors just after connecting to my server. An error about loading the CoC ruleset but all other players didn't have this and we played normally, except for a huge bug in the character screen of 1 player.

She created a new character, moved the soldier profession link from the CoC reference module to character sheet. And appeared soldier correctly. Inside the new soldier sheet she decided the occupation skills. First of all, "dodge" was not there, but it should be an occupation skill for soldier.

Then we had a huge problem with fighting and firearms. Everytime we tried to edit them and rename with "fighting knife" and "fighting handgun" and clicking on the left square to make them occupation skills, the points from occupation were switching to personal. Also, multiple fighting and firearms entries appeared.

This happened also with survival.

So we battle with entries appearing, and we had to delete an hundred entries (in the end), while editing the assigned points.

I've seen the entries multiplied when clicking with mouse and also using the CTRL with WheelMouse to change the values.

Ok, said that, I've seen that Brawl appears automatically in the Melee (Main page), but how to make it appear also in the skill list and with the base chance of 25%?

Similar for the knife (base chance 20%)...

Trenloe
December 30th, 2016, 00:16
Could it be, as I wrote in the edit, that it's related to the file that I get from Steam (since I bought it on Steam)?
Steam DLC purchases aren't actually downloaded from Steam, they come from the FG updater - which initially connects to your Steam client on your PC to get your Steam purchase list, but then provides the DLC in exactly the same way as purchasing here.

damned
December 30th, 2016, 04:21
I've had many bugs in this evening session, ok first of all 1 player could non connect since he was having errors just after connecting to my server. An error about loading the CoC ruleset but all other players didn't have this and we played normally, except for a huge bug in the character screen of 1 player.

She created a new character, moved the soldier profession link from the CoC reference module to character sheet. And appeared soldier correctly. Inside the new soldier sheet she decided the occupation skills. First of all, "dodge" was not there, but it should be an occupation skill for soldier.

Then we had a huge problem with fighting and firearms. Everytime we tried to edit them and rename with "fighting knife" and "fighting handgun" and clicking on the left square to make them occupation skills, the points from occupation were switching to personal. Also, multiple fighting and firearms entries appeared.

So we battle with entries appearing, and we had to delete an hundred entries (in the end), while editing the assigned points.

I've seen the entries multiplied when clicking with mouse and also using the CTRL with WheelMouse to change the values.

Ok, said that, I've seen that Brawl appears automatically in the Melee (Main page), but how to make it appear also in the skill list and with the base chance of 25%?

Thanks Vanethian,

Ill add the Soldier/Dodge to the list.
For the others Im not quite following Ive sent you an email with a request for some more info.

damned
December 30th, 2016, 04:35
I think I may have worked out some of it - on tabbing on a specialty skill eg Fighting -> Brawl after allocating it some occupation Points it creates another blank parent skill. Definitely a bug.

Fighting (Brawl) is I believe the only one that auto creates with 25%. All the others I think you have to do manually. There is no where (that I can find at least) that mentions Fighting (Knife) at 20%.
EDIT: The others from the Rulebook also add correctly. I dont see Knife in there.

Please keep the reports coming.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17119&d=1483072848

Sjelsyk
December 30th, 2016, 05:24
Steam DLC purchases aren't actually downloaded from Steam, they come from the FG updater - which initially connects to your Steam client on your PC to get your Steam purchase list, but then provides the DLC in exactly the same way as purchasing here.

Doh, of course it does. I was trying to reasoning but I guess its back to the drawing board.

About the Fighting(Knife), it falls under Fighting(Brawl) so it's not its own skill anymore :)

EDIT: I've also seen that if you copy/paste into the Fighting/Firearms/Survival etc it won't create more than the correct skill (in the characters Occupation skills), but it reacts when you change a Occupation Skill in the skill list

Vanethian
December 30th, 2016, 14:12
Ok, if you add the knife medium (item) to the melee in the main page, it creates the knife entry with a base chance of 20

Sjelsyk
December 30th, 2016, 16:27
Hmm, it doesn't do that for me.

If you look at the item stats before adding it, does it say "Base skill: Fighting(Knife)"? Mine says "Fighting(Brawl)" at least, and when I drag the medium knife to the melee on the main page it selects the "Fighting(Brawl)" skill and it doesn't create a "Fighting(Knife)" skill...

This is the medium knife in my campaign: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2cc66ykkpw6i49/medium_knife_baseskill.PNG?dl=0

ianmward
December 30th, 2016, 17:03
Hmm, it doesn't do that for me.

If you look at the item stats before adding it, does it say "Base skill: Fighting(Knife)"? Mine says "Fighting(Brawl)" at least, and when I drag the medium knife to the melee on the main page it selects the "Fighting(Brawl)" skill and it doesn't create a "Fighting(Knife)" skill...

This is the medium knife in my campaign: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2cc66ykkpw6i49/medium_knife_baseskill.PNG?dl=0
As you mention earlier, there is no Fighting (Knife) skill in 7th ed. See page 64 of the rules:

Brawl (25%): includes all unarmed � ghting and basic weapons that anyone could pick up and make use of, such as clubs (up to cricket bats or baseball bats), knives, and many improvised weapons, such as bottles and chair legs. To determine the damage done with an improvised weapon, the Keeper should refer to the weapon chart and pick something comparable.

ianmward
December 30th, 2016, 17:17

The occupation skills need to be set in the occupation and not by clicking on the check box, that is informative only and I will make it read only.

You should set up the occupation skills after dragging in the occupation. The missing dodge skill will be fixed. But in the mean time, you could create a new occupation withe the correct skills and drag it on.

ianmward
December 30th, 2016, 17:21
Ok, if you add the knife medium (item) to the melee in the main page, it creates the knife entry with a base chance of 20

Are you dragging the knife from the 7e module or the old 6e module?

The skill for knives is Fighting (Brawl) in 7e and I have checked the knife, medium entry in the 7e module and it correctly references Fighting (Brawl).

Vanethian
December 30th, 2016, 19:13
Seems weird things happened yesterday evening. Fighting brawl was not in the skills list, the knife appeared in the melee with a 20% base chance, and when adding also new fighting and firearms entries, the base chance was not updating when writing handgun as example.... (it was -1) but now it works (I deleted all the fighting and firearms skills and reloaded the campaign and the correct skills were there. adding axe or similar it added also the correct base chance). Anyway all ok except for the bug Damien saw also. I will try to create again the same situation to understand what exactly happened.

Skellan
December 31st, 2016, 00:54
So my first session with 7e went well. Thanks for bringing 7e to Fantasy Grounds. I sense madness in my future...

The only real issue I had was with picking out the results in the text. I know that this has been mentioned earlier but thought it might be worth mentioning that I also found it difficult.

Anyway, thanks Ian and Damned

Skellan
December 31st, 2016, 18:45
Just noticed a typo on meaningful locations on the personal tab on the character sheet

damned
January 1st, 2017, 00:09
Just noticed a typo on meaningful locations on the personal tab on the character sheet

Done.

ianmward has pushed 21 updates to me which Im in the process of testing.

Vanethian
January 1st, 2017, 03:22
Hello, I had the New Year's party and I'm very excited. Also, seems I can't sleep so it's normal that at 4 am of the new year I'm in front of my PC. All I can say it's: THIS WILL BE A GREAT YEAR for gaming. And Cthulhu is just the beginning. So my BEST WISHES to Ian, Damian and to Smiteworks :D

Vanethian
January 1st, 2017, 04:12
Hello, I'm working on the players sheets to make them clear and with correct occupation and personal points... as soon as I complete this job, I tell you all I've done and if it worked correctly.

Ah, ok, I found another multiply bug. While editing the Librarian template, ad adding the lang other, I was putting Italian and practically while typing the ruleset added this:

Vanethian
January 1st, 2017, 04:53
One more thing, If I add an handgun in the Ranged section, the percentage automatically updates to the skill percentage. But this doesn't happen with Brawl and with a Knife... it remains 25 even if the skill is 70.

I found that I have to add again the knife, and this time it works, but I don't khow to add again the Brawl in the Melee section.

damned
January 1st, 2017, 05:25
One more thing, If I add an handgun in the Ranged section, the percentage automatically updates to the skill percentage. But this doesn't happen with Brawl and with a Knife... it remains 25 even if the skill is 70.

I found that I have to add again the knife, and this time it works, but I don't khow to add again the Brawl in the Melee section.

If you are dragging a knife from a 6e reference its probably tied to a non existent skill. I just dragged a knife from the 7e reference and it works and I created a handgun and a knife manually and they both worked.
They wont update if you later improve their base skills. That has been noted as a feature request but we havent tabled it yet to do.

Sjelsyk
January 1st, 2017, 17:43
I also noticed a minor thing.

Brass Knuckles' damage in FG shows as 1d3+db, but it should be 1d3+1+db :)

Edit: Also noticed that if I have someone hidden in the CT and I use the "Next actors turn" thing, it will show the names of the hidden characters in the chat, but skip their turns. I don't think it used to do this in 6E (but it could be that it's a CoreRPG bug rather than this ruleset). Either way, it's good that I noticed that now as I tend to load everything into an encounter and just hide those that ain't relevant until they are. I remember in the old version it sometimes gave players the names of hidden entities. Remember that was fun when someone rolled a attack and it said "Zombie" instead of their name :D

VenomousFiligree
January 1st, 2017, 19:09
A request. As psychology can be a mental equivalent of listen and/or spot, can it be added to the party sheet for ease of GM rolls.

Muwak
January 1st, 2017, 20:16
Here is my first try on the German translation. Skills are translated too, but i kept Credit Rating and Dodge in English so they don't get messed up.

Of Course the pre-defined professions don't work with this.

If I could get my hands on the corresponding file (the ones in the Reference-Module that contain professio-data), it would be a quick batch-processing to fix it :)

While talking about sourcecode:

any hint how to switch the two, tabs in my NPC-Dialog an howto add a line of code in the npc_main.lua via an Extension, i just wanne hide my NPC-Date to players?

Happy new Year

Muwak

damned
January 1st, 2017, 23:44
Hi Muwak we have taken your suggestion and code for the NPCs and incorporated it into the next build so it is coming :)
I cant think of any way that an extension is going to be able to update the modules containing the occupations. I will try and test your language extension and see what else might be able to be included.

damned
January 1st, 2017, 23:46
A request. As psychology can be a mental equivalent of listen and/or spot, can it be added to the party sheet for ease of GM rolls.

That should be able to be done. It just makes the window bigger again. Ill add it as a request so it might not happen in the next build but it will happen.

damned
January 1st, 2017, 23:56
Sjelsk the issue you and I have been corresponding about - please use the patch from this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35672-Call-of-Cthulhu-7E-ruleset&p=309221&viewfull=1#post309221

damned
January 1st, 2017, 23:57
I also noticed a minor thing.

Brass Knuckles' damage in FG shows as 1d3+db, but it should be 1d3+1+db :)

Edit: Also noticed that if I have someone hidden in the CT and I use the "Next actors turn" thing, it will show the names of the hidden characters in the chat, but skip their turns. I don't think it used to do this in 6E (but it could be that it's a CoreRPG bug rather than this ruleset). Either way, it's good that I noticed that now as I tend to load everything into an encounter and just hide those that ain't relevant until they are. I remember in the old version it sometimes gave players the names of hidden entities. Remember that was fun when someone rolled a attack and it said "Zombie" instead of their name :D

Thanks will investigate both.
EDIT: This only appears for the GM - the players do not see the Hidden Actors turn being skipped. The ? in the message indicates it was hidden.

VenomousFiligree
January 2nd, 2017, 00:19
That should be able to be done. It just makes the window bigger again. Ill add it as a request so it might not happen in the next build but it will happen.

It shouldn't make the window bigger as there's space.

Sjelsyk
January 2nd, 2017, 04:34
Thanks will investigate both.
EDIT: This only appears for the GM - the players do not see the Hidden Actors turn being skipped. The ? in the message indicates it was hidden.

True, I did not test this with a player connected, just noticed it as a GM. Too quick on the "bug" trigger there, sorry about that :)

And about the Modern era fix, thanks! It has also slipped by without me seeing it. Thought I had read the entire thread, but apparently not(!)

Edit: and the fix works like a charm. So much time troubleshooting, and what I should've done was read the thread properly instead!

Muwak
January 2nd, 2017, 23:11
Hi Muwak we have taken your suggestion and code for the NPCs and incorporated it into the next build so it is coming :)
I cant think of any way that an extension is going to be able to update the modules containing the occupations. I will try and test your language extension and see what else might be able to be included.

Great, i really appreciate that :)

Regarding the translation-thing, I rather thought about creating a mini-Module that replaces the english content.

The idea was to use a batch-replacement to replace the skill-names automatically in the module-files and provide an alternative Module either as a separate download (might be a copyright-problem) or as a part of the RS.

I see the major problem in skills like dodge or credit-rating which are directly accessed by lua-scripts.

damned
January 2nd, 2017, 23:23
Hi Muwak I suppose it would be quite possible to include an alternate Occupations library in a translated language. You are right the LUA could/would be challenging. Please PM me your email address and we can correspond further on this and see what is and isnt easy and what is maybe do-able but harder...

VenomousFiligree
January 2nd, 2017, 23:25
Another enjoyable session with the ruleset.

However see the attached two images for a couple of issues.

1) suggesting a 6.5 luck spend
2) adding bonus dice rolls rather than taking the lowest

damned
January 2nd, 2017, 23:31
Another enjoyable session with the ruleset.

However see the attached two images for a couple of issues.

1) suggesting a 6.5 luck spend
2) adding bonus dice rolls rather than taking the lowest

Hi VenomousFiligree I did pop into TS to check if the game was going :)
The Luck Spend has been adjusted to whole numbers in the next build. The Luck message should otherwise be correct?
There is an issue with the Bonus Die and it required a full re-write of percentage dice due to the way that FG currently handles them. This is included in the next build.

I think that I have understood your post but do clarify it for me if I got it wrong.

ianmward
January 3rd, 2017, 09:14
Great, i really appreciate that :)

Regarding the translation-thing, I rather thought about creating a mini-Module that replaces the english content.

The idea was to use a batch-replacement to replace the skill-names automatically in the module-files and provide an alternative Module either as a separate download (might be a copyright-problem) or as a part of the RS.

I see the major problem in skills like dodge or credit-rating which are directly accessed by lua-scripts.
Hi Muwak,
The lua code does not use the skill names directly but uses the strings file translations. There are a number of entries char_skill_xxx (e.g. char_skill_dodge) which are used.
I did spot one case where this was not the case for dodge in NPCs which I have fixed for the upcoming release. It is possible that others have slipped through but the intention is that they should be translatable.
The big liibrary which would need translating is the occupations and I am thinking about how we could do them. Maybe we could use translation strings in the library or maybe we could supply that library as a separate module, available for translation, or maybe we could request the skill translations and supply the translated module for those languages.

We'll discuss the best approach.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 3rd, 2017, 11:54
I have the Call of Cthulhu 6E if I buy the 7E will I have the two versions or will my version become 7E?

dragonheels
January 3rd, 2017, 12:01
Hi Yako2020,
You will have both versions available

YAKO SOMEDAKY
January 3rd, 2017, 12:07
Cool!Thanks dragonheels

Muwak
January 3rd, 2017, 13:53
Hi Muwak,
The lua code does not use the skill names directly but uses the strings file translations. There are a number of entries char_skill_xxx (e.g. char_skill_dodge) which are used.
I did spot one case where this was not the case for dodge in NPCs which I have fixed for the upcoming release. It is possible that others have slipped through but the intention is that they should be translatable.
The big liibrary which would need translating is the occupations and I am thinking about how we could do them. Maybe we could use translation strings in the library or maybe we could supply that library as a separate module, available for translation, or maybe we could request the skill translations and supply the translated module for those languages.

We'll discuss the best approach.

Oopps, then i probably got some of those which slipped trough. I thought the translation strings would not work, because nothing changed in the Sheet after i did the translation, i'll check if I linked the string-file correctly.

As far as i understood (by goung through the code) the old ruleset did not have skill-translationstrings, so there were some issues with lua code using skill Names. Because there are some similarities between the rulesets i supposed, it was the same way in the new one.

Nice to see that you made a major improvement ther :)

Is the naming-convention alwasy char_skill_###name###?

If the Language-Strings are usable, do they also translate the strings in the Profession-Library? If so, an external module shouldn't be be nessecary. But as I don't know your structures you can tell better.

I'm looking forward your decision an will start the translation as soon as i get my hands on the data.

BTW: Is there any plan for cooperating with foreign Publishers like the German Pegasus-Publishing? It would bei so cool to have the german Ruletext in FG :)

And because i didn't metion it yet:

I REALLY like this ruleset an i'm looking forward to using it in my campaign. Keep on the good work :)

VenomousFiligree
January 3rd, 2017, 20:09
I think that I have understood your post but do clarify it for me if I got it wrong.

Yep, all understood

ianmward
January 3rd, 2017, 21:32
Is the naming-convention alwasy char_skill_###name###?

If the Language-Strings are usable, do they also translate the strings in the Profession-Library? If so, an external module shouldn't be be nessecary.

The proffesion library is the module we're thinking about.

It does not currently currently use the translations, so we need to decide on the best way.

dragonheels
January 15th, 2017, 19:47
Hello,
I juste entered some NPC, checking the box 'race'.
in the cahracteristics I entered 3d6, 2d6+6 and so on. I don't know if it's meant to be so or if I have to enter 3d6*5 for instance.
I also entered a number in the 'average' box. What is the goal of this box ? Is it informative or does it have an effect on the formula ???

Whne dragging the NPC into an encounter or into the CT, all seems quite good, except the hip point thar are too large. EG 55, 65 or even more. I do not undderstand cause these values have nothing to do with the CON and SIZ characteristics.

Is there sth I'm doing wrong ?

EDIT. The problem with the hit point also appears when I drop a NPC from the 'Creatures of the mythos' part of the ruleset.

Sjelsyk
January 15th, 2017, 21:28
dragonheels: This has probably been discussed elsewhere as well, but I also reported the bug with the HP (and MP):
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35672-Call-of-Cthulhu-7E-ruleset&p=309975&viewfull=1#post309975

It seems it divides CON + SIZ on 2, instead of ten (as in the old rules). The MP is also the full POW instead of 1/5 (if I recall correctly that's how the new rules are). It's probably fixed in the upcoming update :)

damned
January 15th, 2017, 21:49
NPC hit points has been fixed for 3.2.2
Thanks guys.

Sjelsyk
January 15th, 2017, 21:53
Great :) do you have any eta on when it will roll out? Not that I'm in any hurry as the bugs I've spotted/reported are not that critical when I know of them, but more out of curiosity :)

damned
January 15th, 2017, 22:13
3.2.2 is a FG update (and another fairly substantial one) and is likely to be pushed within the next 2 weeks.

Sjelsyk
January 16th, 2017, 16:03
Ahh, alright. Didn't know these types of configuration was in the FG update. I just assumed it was a CoC ruleset update, but yeah - I know what they say about assuming! Hah. :D Sounds good though.

damned
January 17th, 2017, 01:20
Ahh, alright. Didn't know these types of configuration was in the FG update. I just assumed it was a CoC ruleset update, but yeah - I know what they say about assuming! Hah. :D Sounds good though.

It is separate but 3.2.2 breaks/changes lots of things (although JPG has been building lots of additional support code) so it will go out at the same time pretty much.

Sjelsyk
January 19th, 2017, 19:00
Something has happened after the update. I can no longer drag and drop Firearms/Hand weapons into the character sheet from the ruleset. It won't add. If I make an test item myself, I can drag it into the character sheet.

I can click on the items in the lists and they will pop up as if they are items, but it just doesn't let me "interact" with it like I could before.

Vanethian
January 19th, 2017, 21:48
I confirm the same happened to me, I've been obliged to create new entries myself and editing each single value.

damned
January 19th, 2017, 21:54
Ive just cross posted this in the 3.2.2 bugs thread as it is also happening in at least one other ruleset/scenario.

Also we had hoped to push the bug fixes so far with the 3.2.2 release but we have been somewhat delayed. These will be submitted to SmiteWorks next week and will hopefully be pushed the week after sometime.

Golgorosh
January 23rd, 2017, 19:03
Hello,
quick question but does this ruleset comes with specific background images and decal?
If yes, are they compatible with the Core Ruleset.
Basically I've been playing my CoC 7th with the Core Ruleset. So I'll use the new Ruleset for the future, but I'm wondering if I can still use the shiny stuff that comes out of this new Ruleset.
Thanks!

damned
January 24th, 2017, 00:55
Hi Golgorosh there is a desktop/background and just a Call of Cthulhu logo decal. I dont think they can be extracted and used outside of the ruleset though.

Still plugging away at the updates/fixes. getting close to submitting the changes to SmiteWorks.

dragonheels
January 24th, 2017, 17:47
Hello,
I made the last update this morning.
Now, when I open an encounter (from a module) and one to put it in the CT, I get this message in the console :

Script Error [string "ct/scripts/ct.lua"]: 171 : attempt to index local 'placesNode' (a nil value)

However, the CT is filled correctly.

damned
January 25th, 2017, 00:59
Hello dragonheels I cant replicate this one - can you provide more details?

dragonheels
January 26th, 2017, 08:29
Hello dragonheels I cant replicate this one - can you provide more details?

Hello damned! Actually, I tried to reproduce, and it seems it happens the first time I open the CT. No link to the encounter thus... And no links to the module I was using cause I tried on another campaign. But then, all is OK for the entire session.
Well, just let it so. If I get mor hints or if it's getting worse, I'll tell you... :)
Thanks!

AndyPan
January 29th, 2017, 17:32
I think I saw this mentioned earlier in the thread, but not sure. I have created a character in the ruleset, which seemed to go fairly well. I added the Athlete occupation to the character, and things looked good. However, when I start his skills, I am unable to add any points from his Occupation points to his Credit Rating without the total jumping to the max allowed by the occupation. The Athlete's range is 9 to 70, and the Credit Rating box under Occupation Points starts with 9 already in place. If any points, even a single point, is added to that box, it jumps to the max of 70. I am a CoC newbie, so I could be adding things I shouldn't be into the wrong space. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong? As near as I can tell, I am running 3.2.2, which I believe is the current version. Thanks for the help.

damned
January 30th, 2017, 03:23
I think I saw this mentioned earlier in the thread, but not sure. I have created a character in the ruleset, which seemed to go fairly well. I added the Athlete occupation to the character, and things looked good. However, when I start his skills, I am unable to add any points from his Occupation points to his Credit Rating without the total jumping to the max allowed by the occupation. The Athlete's range is 9 to 70, and the Credit Rating box under Occupation Points starts with 9 already in place. If any points, even a single point, is added to that box, it jumps to the max of 70. I am a CoC newbie, so I could be adding things I shouldn't be into the wrong space. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong? As near as I can tell, I am running 3.2.2, which I believe is the current version. Thanks for the help.

Hi AndyPan it looks like a bug to me...

Newf
January 31st, 2017, 19:59
When my players were making characters a few days ago, we noticed an issue when dealing with Firearms and Languages. If they added one in and tried to type in what it was, it would start putting in additional empty Firearms/Languages skills, and their Occ/Pers points would get all messed up.

The only workaround we could do was to stop editing the skills and then type in what they were after the fact.

Should it normally do that?

There was also another problem a player encountered where he said he could pick Credit Rating again on his Occupation sheet and things got royally messed up, but I'm not quite sure what hapened there. I'll have to get him to clarify it.

damned
January 31st, 2017, 21:07
Hi Newf fixes for both plus a bunch of other updates have been submitted to SmiteWorks so should be available... soon.

Newf
January 31st, 2017, 21:14
Excellent. Thanks!

Blue Haven
February 10th, 2017, 21:17
Sorry for the question but i only notice this now...its the 7ed ruleset a new item (from the store i mean) or its an upgrade from the 6ed?? Because i have the 6ed ruleset updated and i never got this...
Thanks

Sjelsyk
February 10th, 2017, 21:20
Blue Haven: It's a new edition, so you need to buy it from the store just like you'd have to do if you were playing it old school with the books.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=CHAFGCOCCOC7ERS

Blue Haven
February 10th, 2017, 21:23
Ohhh ok thanks for the info friend :)
Big Hugs

Sjelsyk
February 10th, 2017, 21:26
No problems :)
You can however use the 7E extension with 6E. It's its own thread :)

Steel_Wind
February 25th, 2017, 18:13
Hi Newf fixes for both plus a bunch of other updates have been submitted to SmiteWorks so should be available... soon.

Where are we in terms of the bug-fix progress and implementation within FG updates at this point?

Skellan
February 25th, 2017, 18:59
I had a quick look and they appear to have been done

damned
February 25th, 2017, 22:54
Updates went live some time ago. They happened with one of the times your Updates button went red.

Sjelsyk
February 26th, 2017, 09:52
There are at least two bugs I'd like to report, which I've forgotten to do.

First one is the newly added "Psych" button in the Party Sheet. If I roll this skill from the party sheet it doesn't say in the chat that it's a Psychology skill roll. Should be a very quick fix.

Another issue I've had is if I open the reference book and without going through any of the tabs, search for a skill. It won't show the entire reference book - even if I remove the search. I have to close the window and open it again - click on "Call of Cthulhu" and then search. Just try searching for a skill in the Reference Manual without doing anything else.

Edit: The last one seems to work now, even if it didn't on Friday when we played - and several times before. I was going to take screenshots to show what I meant, but for some reasons it does work now.

Lawlesslisa
February 27th, 2017, 19:27
How do I add the weapon button link from the Firearms table to a new NPC's weapon? Also, when I try to add +1D4 to damage bonus and then lock the NPC it says none.
Thanks for the help in advance.

ianmward
February 27th, 2017, 21:25
How do I add the weapon button link from the Firearms table to a new NPC's weapon? Also, when I try to add +1D4 to damage bonus and then lock the NPC it says none.
Thanks for the help in advance.

Hi Lawlesslisa,
As in most rulesets, NPC sheets do not have weapon links. The NPCs are usually typed in from the stat block in an adventure.
The damage bonus is calculated based on the STR & SIZ as described on page 33 of the rulebook. For the character to have a db of +1d4, the sum of these abilities should be between 125 and 164.

dstuffle
February 28th, 2017, 16:41
Also those values appear to need to be in the right hand column (I'm at work can't bring up FG app), not the left hand column, for the calculations to be done.

The formula that worked for me was "1d4+db" for a knife.

Lawlesslisa
March 5th, 2017, 18:25
Is there a manual on how to utilize the CoC 7e rule set? I am having trouble figuring out how the chase feature works. I am new to this rule set and playing CoC overall. Also, I would like to share the combat tracker with the players (so they can see it on their screen) but I do not think that is possible in FG.

Trenloe
March 5th, 2017, 18:33
I would like to share the combat tracker with the players (so they can see it on their screen) but I do not think that is possible in FG.
You don't need to share the combat tracker with the players, they have access to it the same way the GM does - click the cross-swords icon in the top right.

Tip: As the GM you can see what the players see by launching a second instance of FG and "Join Game" with a server address of localhost You'll find this invaluable in knowing what the players see and the difference between the GM and players interface.

Info on launching a second instance of FG here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36957-Playing-At-Home-Including-Fantasy-Grounds&p=323935&viewfull=1#post323935