PDA

View Full Version : Call of Cthulhu 7E ruleset

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Darth_LucSky
May 4th, 2020, 20:58
Product just feels unfinished to me with some poor presentation (XXYYZZ!! for lists on the reference manual, no small club for items), and also a completely blank section for vehicles.

Also, after looking at posts complaining about the missing vehicle stats for chases and no way to keep track in-game of what vehicle is being used, etc I have decided to wait if more work is gonna be done to address these complaints (minor or not). Those small images @damned mentioned would be a great step in the right direction to convince me to change my mind.

Abut the XXYYZZ: https://imgur.com/gallery/Y9qp1dE

I have to agree with Devnant here, the product really feels unfinished, tough I can see you guys are trying. I just now discovered about the vagueness of the vehicles, plus I agree with some of the other members that posted here that vehicles are a very important asset of the game (not only chase related, but in general: means of locomotion and travel are an essential piece of a RPG).
I would very much like to see an update with better features for vehicles and some upgrades for the reference manual, as pointed out by Devnant.

ianmward
May 4th, 2020, 22:51
A new update should be pushed out shortly to address most of these issues and we will work to iron out any others that crop up.

I have to agree with Devnant here, the product really feels unfinished, tough I can see you guys are trying. I just now discovered about the vagueness of the vehicles, plus I agree with some of the other members that posted here that vehicles are a very important asset of the game (not only chase related, but in general: means of locomotion and travel are an essential piece of a RPG).
I would very much like to see an update with better features for vehicles and some upgrades for the reference manual, as pointed out by Devnant.

Magnimost
May 4th, 2020, 23:07

I have well over a hundred sessions under my belt in CoC FG, and there's been only one session where I needed and used vehicle stats, when my players were in a Short S23 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_Empire) and getting attacked by Hunting Horrors. Those weren't included in 7E anyway, so I had to come up with them myself.

Not to say vehicles are not necessary, just that they're not as essential - at least not for us.

damned
May 5th, 2020, 00:06
I am unable to negate effects using either the CTRL move damage result to CT or by right-clicking and selecting negate the effect and then drag the negated number to the CT. Is this mechanic broken?

I dont know what this means?

damned
May 5th, 2020, 00:18
The problem is that the dicetower_normal does work, but the _drop does not work, when I drag the dice to the tower, the icon does not change to the _drop png file (it stays at the _normal png).

I've tested the same extension using SavageWorlds ruleset and it works. So, does the CoC7 ruleset changes something related to the icons of the dice tower?

This is all CoreRPG code. There is no additional Dice Tower code in Call Of Cthulhu pak file.
Please check your file and path names.

lozanoje
May 5th, 2020, 00:38
This is all CoreRPG code. There is no additional Dice Tower code in Call Of Cthulhu pak file.
Please check your file and path names.

It's strange, the exact same extension (no ruleset restriction), if I use with a SW campaign, it works, if I use with a 5e campaign, it works, if I use with a Coc7e campaign, it does not work (only shows the normal icon, not the drop one).

Since it works with other rulesets based on corerpg, I dont think it is a problem with path names.

damned
May 5th, 2020, 00:46
It's strange, the exact same extension (no ruleset restriction), if I use with a SW campaign, it works, if I use with a 5e campaign, it works, if I use with a Coc7e campaign, it does not work (only shows the normal icon, not the drop one).

Since it works with other rulesets based on corerpg, I dont think it is a problem with path names.

I just tested it with a super basic extension that just swaps the icons around - the default is lights on and on drop is lights off and it worked as expected.

lozanoje
May 5th, 2020, 01:10
I just tested it with a super basic extension that just swaps the icons around - the default is lights on and on drop is lights off and it worked as expected.

Made the ext as simple as possible, this does not work for me on CoC7e, but it works in 5e.

damned
May 5th, 2020, 01:49
That extension shows a RED haunted house for me on Hover.

lozanoje
May 5th, 2020, 06:42
That extension shows a RED haunted house for me on Hover.

That is the intention... Odd, for me on hover, it keeps black when using Coc7e (on 5e and SW works, hover=red).

Being a problem of my config, I will remove my data directory and force update.

Thank you for testing.

damned
May 5th, 2020, 07:31
Are you possibly running some other extensions or theme extensions?

lozanoje
May 5th, 2020, 07:38
Are you possibly running some other extensions or theme extensions?

Nope, and i've realized it is not the extension, because it does not work with the default dice tower, it doesnt change on hover.

I've removed data directory, forced update, all clean, new campaign, nothing loaded and hover does not change dice tower image.

https://i.ibb.co/QMQ0ML9/screenshot-107.png (https://ibb.co/M7Sd7rn)

Dice tower on hover and no lights:

https://i.ibb.co/gRrfH15/screenshot-108.jpg (https://ibb.co/bK6CqhS)

Using another corerpg-based ruleset, it works:

https://i.ibb.co/kBkh2XL/screenshot-109.jpg (https://ibb.co/wg3Kh4n)

damned
May 5th, 2020, 07:42
you havent selected any extension there...

lozanoje
May 5th, 2020, 07:44
you havent selected any extension there...

Yes, because Ive realised it is not a problem of the extension, for me the default corerpg dice tower does not change on hover under CoC7e.

damned
May 5th, 2020, 07:55
I have removed my dev copies and loaded the build from SmiteWorks and you are correct...
Very strange...
We pushed a build to SmiteWorks over the weekend - which should be the same as my dev build - we shall find out soon!

lozanoje
May 5th, 2020, 08:01
I have removed my dev copies and loaded the build from SmiteWorks and you are correct...
Very strange...
We pushed a build to SmiteWorks over the weekend - which should be the same as my dev build - we shall find out soon!

Thank you, damned, I was desperate, I begun to think that was a problem of changing the default data directory and was about to move FG data to the default location. Now that you've replicated my bug, I know im not alone :-)

damned
May 6th, 2020, 01:10
Update hit the patch system today.
lozanjoe the ondrop state for tower is working
everyone vehicles have been upgraded. i will share a free module with a bunch of vehicles in it next week.
everyone sanity now links to party sheet, shields are updated, support for skills depending on other skills (for creating new skills/eras)

RLacey
May 6th, 2020, 03:48
It seems like a nice update from what I've looked at so far - many thanks!

I suppose I should now ask, rather cheekily, if there's any plan to add a "Vehicle" icon for the menu in the Pulp Cthulhu theme, now that vehicles have received some unexpected love in the base game?

Either way, thanks for the improvements :).

damned
May 6th, 2020, 03:52
I had meant to do that... Ill get that in next weeks patch Tuesday.

RLacey
May 6th, 2020, 04:18
I had meant to do that... Ill get that in next weeks patch Tuesday.

You, good sir, are an absolute star.

Kyuss
May 7th, 2020, 01:19
I dont know what this means?

For example say in combat when rolling for the damage a player gets click-happy and manages to roll three separate damage rolls, per the FG manual I should be able to either right-click on the damage in the dice window select negate and then drag that negated value to the npc or character that took the accidental damage and remove it. The other option is to hold down CTRL I believe and drag the accidental damage over the npc or character in question, thus negating it. When I do it I see the cursor turn to a blood drop but I do not see the HP's added back to the individual.

This would not be a big deal unless I am not paying attention to how many HP's the individual has and then I am not sure what to reset the HP's back to manually. Once an npc or character hits 0 the tracker stops showing the effect, i.e they goto 0 not -5.

Does that make sense? maybe I am just doing something wrong. :)

lozanoje
May 19th, 2020, 09:22

Is it already patched? I've test with Live, Test and Dev channels and it is still not working. Maybe it's my fault, but I've tried with no extensions loaded.

Trenloe
May 19th, 2020, 13:16
Is it already patched? I've test with Live, Test and Dev channels and it is still not working. Maybe it's my fault, but I've tried with no extensions loaded.
Please post a screenshot of your chat window immediately after loading a CoC 7e campaign, showing all the text so that we can verify exactly which versions you have.

lozanoje
May 19th, 2020, 15:08
Please post a screenshot of your chat window immediately after loading a CoC 7e campaign, showing all the text so that we can verify exactly which versions you have.

Mmm... damned told he patched the issue.

onhover dice tower not changing; this is the live channel.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35672-Call-of-Cthulhu-7E-ruleset&p=505509&viewfull=1#post505509

https://i.ibb.co/cwCL6x3/screenshot-4.jpg (https://ibb.co/HCxdtX4)

Geek MacBeer
May 19th, 2020, 22:14
The Race checkbox on the NPCs is not working the way I expect. To simulate a random human foe, I set his attributes to either "(3d6)*5" or "(2d6+6)*5" -- this should be the equivalent of rolling a character randomly. Instead I get scores that are improbable or impossible. I just tried this and the lowest stat is a 70 (improbable); the highest is 105, which is impossible. What am I doing wrong?

ianmward
May 23rd, 2020, 07:11
Hi Geek MacBeer,

You don't need the *5 and it just confuses things. Please just use "3d6" or "2d6+6", it should work correctly then. If you still see wierd results, let me know and I will investigate further.

Ian

ianmward
May 23rd, 2020, 10:49
Hi lozanoje,

I finally tracked down the problem and fixed it (for real this time). This and some other FGU fixes will be winging their way to you via SmiteWorks shortly.

Ian

Mmm... damned told he patched the issue.

onhover dice tower not changing; this is the live channel.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35672-Call-of-Cthulhu-7E-ruleset&p=505509&viewfull=1#post505509

https://i.ibb.co/cwCL6x3/screenshot-4.jpg (https://ibb.co/HCxdtX4)

lozanoje
May 23rd, 2020, 17:15
Hi lozanoje,

I finally tracked down the problem and fixed it (for real this time). This and some other FGU fixes will be winging their way to you via SmiteWorks shortly.

Ian

Thank you, Ian.

Kyuss
May 23rd, 2020, 19:19
Any word on the negating damage issue I am seeing? When I select damage roll and select negate, and then drag the blood drop to the individual on the combat tracker to give back HP nothing happens. From what I can tell that is how you are supposed to use that mechanic.

Geek MacBeer
May 23rd, 2020, 20:46
Hi Geek MacBeer,

You don't need the *5 and it just confuses things. Please just use "3d6" or "2d6+6", it should work correctly then. If you still see wierd results, let me know and I will investigate further.

Ian

Okay. Without the *5 it confuses ME. If there are implicit multipliers, they should be made explicit. Maybe consider adding something to the sheet to show whatever calculation you put will be multipled? Without that you could have other issues; for example, I considered entering d100 into one or more attributes. That would have made a tough NPC.

[EDIT]. Just tried it and it works. Please DO consider that not having to enter the complete calculation is unintuitive and can lead to undesired results. Thanks.

Papi
March 4th, 2021, 19:43
Hello asylum guests! There seems to be a problem when calculating move rates in the character sheet. When your Dexterity is equal to your Size the rate is calculated as 7 instead of 8. eg STR 40, DEX 50 and SIZE 50 returns MOV 7 instead of 8.

kairos
March 4th, 2021, 20:01
I think the ruleset is correct. "If either STR or DEX is equal to or greater than SIZ, or if all three are equal: MOV 8" (p. 33). My ruleset is returning 8 (see attached). Of course, this is with nothing else set on the PC. Maybe something else is modifying the MOV on yours?

Trenloe
March 4th, 2021, 20:13
Age will adjust MOV - check the age of the PC.

Papi
March 4th, 2021, 21:04
Thanx a lot Trenloe! I'd never would have guessed it... that was it!

Papi
March 13th, 2021, 11:50
Got another minor question for you guys. Is there a special "Tome" type for items in CoC 7th?

damned
March 13th, 2021, 14:11
Hi Papi

There isnt. We could not really work out how to make a Book or tome type useful.

Seraph1m
April 15th, 2021, 00:46
What happened to the red themed buttons for the sidebar in the CoC 7e ruleset? Now it's just grey rectangles. Also, you can no longer select sidebar profile (GM, Player, Create PC, etc.) without going into Settings --> Sidebar?

pralix1138
April 15th, 2021, 01:21
What happened to the red themed buttons for the sidebar in the CoC 7e ruleset? Now it's just grey rectangles. Also, you can no longer select sidebar profile (GM, Player, Create PC, etc.) without going into Settings --> Sidebar?

There was a major update that made the switch to buttons across all rulesets. The sidebar profile is now in the options menu.45743

Alchemister
April 20th, 2021, 21:53
Is anyone aware of an issue dragging and dropping book items and artefacts onto the investigator sheet? I have no problems adding these to investigator inventories, but can't add exisiting items to the dedicated section provided for artefacts and books, which I find a bit strange (can only create new items there).

Any advice ont his would be appreciated.

ianmward
April 20th, 2021, 23:01
Hi Alchemister,
The books section, similar to the spells, are not inventory items, so they cannot be dragged and droppd in that way.

I will look at if we can do something in a future version.

Alchemister
April 20th, 2021, 23:41
That would be fabtastic - many thanks indeed for responding and giving this your attention.

BrentCaldwell
August 18th, 2021, 21:44
Newbie here. Is there a wiki or PDF somewhere going through the various aspects of the CoC7e Ruleset?

damned
August 19th, 2021, 01:50
Welcome BrentCaldwell

No not really. There is a link in the setup menu on character creation.
There are some short videos here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhF1pUhy5n0&list=PLsgd1zJLdiKU93gVBn363hhpqKv42QD9p and one on chases here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV8LQ33V_0c&t=3s

Holler if you need help.

Rubenbauer
August 24th, 2021, 09:49
everyone vehicles have been upgraded. i will share a free module with a bunch of vehicles in it next week.
everyone sanity now links to party sheet, shields are updated, support for skills depending on other skills (for creating new skills/eras)

Hi, I'm searching for this module - where can I find it?

Kind regards - Rubenbauer

Helstaag
August 29th, 2021, 03:04
Why is there no equipment to drag n drop? Or am I missing something?

damned
August 29th, 2021, 03:10
most of the equipment in the reference manual is generic and is there to provide inspiration.
equipment has no mechanical value and most doesnt even have a set price.

you can download a module from here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?70300-Extensions-and-Modules-for-7E
with the equipment if you want to use the equipment as is from the rulebook

BrentCaldwell
August 29th, 2021, 03:50
Great videos you've made for CoC. Thank you.

Helstaag
August 29th, 2021, 08:31
most of the equipment in the reference manual is generic and is there to provide inspiration.
equipment has no mechanical value and most doesnt even have a set price.

you can download a module from here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?70300-Extensions-and-Modules-for-7E
with the equipment if you want to use the equipment as is from the rulebook

I understand that the equipment is generic, I was asking about dragging and dropping into a character sheet. The link you provided a solution.

peterb
September 8th, 2021, 13:36
Hi,

I discovered an error (or so I think) in how modds affect the outcome of dice rolls. If I create a Mod called "Prone" and give it a mod of -10 and use it, -10 is added to the modifier stack (which is correct). I then roll a skill, Brawl for example. The die roll result is then modified by -10, so that for example a roll of 40 + 1 becomes 31. That is, the die result is modified. That is not how a modification is supposed to work in Basic Roleplaying or any other set of rules derived from Basic Roleplaying (such as Call of Cthuhlu). The mod should lower the target number, i.e the skill level. The chance of fumbles should go up and the chance of specials and crits should go down. All BRP derived rulesets have the same problem, CoC6, Coc7 and BRP. I post this in this forum because CoC7 has the most players so it will affect more gaming groups. A solution to the problem ought to be able to be ported to CoC6 and BRP quite easily (I hope).

/Peter

damned
September 8th, 2021, 13:47
Hi peterb

See p128 of the rulebook -

Prone
A prone character is assumed to be lying flat on the ground.
* Kicking someone when they are down is easier; fighting attacks made against a prone character gain one bonus die.
* A character that is prone may stand up when they successfully dodge or fight back against an opponent. Alternatively, when it comes to their turn in the round, they may stand up and then take their action.
* Lying down provides a stable position from which to shoot; a prone character gets one bonus die when making a Firearms roll.
* By lying flat on the floor you present a smaller target; those targeting a prone character with a firearm get one penalty die (ignore this if at point blank-range).

Also BRP and CoC do not use the same codebase...

peterb
September 8th, 2021, 14:44
Hi,

I used "Prone" as a name in my example, which turned out to be a mistake. I didn't mean to refer to the rules. The problem is that a mod does not modify the skill level as it should, instead it modifies the dice roll result which gives the wrong end effect. The problem is the same for CoC6. CoC7 and BRP, it's to bad if the same solution cannot be used, as it would save some time.

damned
September 8th, 2021, 15:03
In Call of Cthulhu you have two mechanisms to adjust the difficulty -

The Keeper (or the situation) may declare that it requires a Regular, Hard or Extreme success and you can have Penalty and Bonus Dice.

The first mechanic is you need to roll under:
* Regular - your skill
* Hard - half your skill
* Extreme - one fifth of your skill

The second mechanic adds an additional 10s dice to the throw and you keep the highest/lowest.

Trenloe
September 8th, 2021, 17:59
I used "Prone" as a name in my example, which turned out to be a mistake. I didn't mean to refer to the rules. The problem is that a mod does not modify the skill level as it should, instead it modifies the dice roll result which gives the wrong end effect. The problem is the same for CoC6. CoC7 and BRP, it's to bad if the same solution cannot be used, as it would save some time.
As @damned mentions, difficulty in CoC 7e is regular/hard/extreme - which modifies the target needed; plus there are bonus/penalty dice to further adjust difficulty. Numerical modifiers aren't standard in CoC 7e - I'm only guessing at the designers intent for this, but I imagine it's to remove the need to make regular/hard/extreme calculations on the fly if the target number is adjusted.

As you note, numerical "modifiers" adjust the dice rolled. But in my testing they also adjust the target number - I haven't done exhaustive testing, and don't have access to the ruleset source code, so I don't know if this is actually the case but it seems to be in my testing with skill rolls. So, unless you're just using regular numerical modifiers (damage, table rolls, etc.), I'd recommend you don't use numerical modifiers for skill rolls in the CoC 7e ruleset.

ianmward
September 9th, 2021, 09:48
Hi,

As stated by damned and trenloe, the CoC 7e rules are different to standard BRP and one of the main changes is to not support numeric modifiers to skill rolls. These are replaced by difficulty and bonus and penalty dice. If you search the 7e rules, you will not find references to modifying skill rolls except in the conversion notes where you are told to either ignore the modifiers or consider changing the difficulty or applying bonus or penalty dice to the roll.

P. 394 Keepers Rulebook

Skill Modifiers
Where small skill modifiers (of +5 or less) are listed these may be ignored.
To approximate this, assume that a bonus die means a +20% chance, and that a penalty die means a –20% chance.
If a listed modifier seems significant to the Keeper, consider either changing the difficulty level or applying a penalty or bonus die depending on the situation. This may cause some skill rolls to become less likely to succeed, but players now have the option to push the roll.

peterb
September 11th, 2021, 21:09
My apologies to damned, Trenloe and ianmward, I should not have posted my concerns in this forum but in the Basic Roleplaying forum only. Sorry for taking up your time.

/Peter

sedgetone
October 19th, 2021, 14:17
Might be worth getting these videos and inventory bits in a sticky note for the ruleset.

Mac77
December 20th, 2021, 06:16
Hello Damned, is there any way in COC7 to put in the combat tracker, armor and attacks stats for your character? Eg inputting 1D6 for armor and for attacks: spear 35%. I have put them in manually and it works fine until you delete the character out of the combat tracker then the information is gone when you drag the same character back into the combat tracker. I hope that makes sense.

damned
December 20th, 2021, 07:03
Hello Damned, is there any way in COC7 to put in the combat tracker, armor and attacks stats for your character? Eg inputting 1D6 for armor and for attacks: spear 35%. I have put them in manually and it works fine until you delete the character out of the combat tracker then the information is gone when you drag the same character back into the combat tracker. I hope that makes sense.

can you post a picture of how you are currently doing it?

damned
December 20th, 2021, 07:29
Ok. It looks like at some point the code that HID those fields might have gotten lost.
Generally this data does not go in for players on the CT.
The data is in a completely different format for NPCs and Players so there isnt a clean way to bring this data over.
Additionally - players cant see these fields at all on their CT view...

Mac77
December 20th, 2021, 18:00
Ok, no worries, thank you.

Varsuuk
December 23rd, 2021, 04:03
If I wanted to just "start off" and try it out (actually a good question for PRINTED CoC7 too - I backed the old 2 box reprint but wanted to get new one too) - which books min?

Assume CoC Ruleset of course (and printed 7E book for printed side)
Do I also need Investigator's Handbook or is that just a subset of the 7E book? If it's additional stuff geared at player skills etc - how important is it to start in EITHER FG or Printed versions of the game?

I plan to get the Darker Trails or whatever Western one in the future for print at least and see about FG. I like "Weird West" in SWADE.

Also along with the ruleset, getting the Lighthouse starter adventure and The Haunting quickstart adventure.

Thoughts?

pralix1138
December 23rd, 2021, 04:14
If I wanted to just "start off" and try it out (actually a good question for PRINTED CoC7 too - I backed the old 2 box reprint but wanted to get new one too) - which books min?

Assume CoC Ruleset of course (and printed 7E book for printed side)
Do I also need Investigator's Handbook or is that just a subset of the 7E book? If it's additional stuff geared at player skills etc - how important is it to start in EITHER FG or Printed versions of the game?

I plan to get the Darker Trails or whatever Western one in the future for print at least and see about FG. I like "Weird West" in SWADE.

Also along with the ruleset, getting the Lighthouse starter adventure and The Haunting quickstart adventure.

Thoughts?

The Keeper book is all you really need to get started. The Investigator's Handbook has more occupations, equipment, and more setting information (as it relates playing an Investigator). Since I primarily run Pulp Cthulhu, I don't use the Investigator's Handbook at all. If you're looking at Down Darker Trails, and want to run that primarily, you won't need the Investigator's Handbook.

damned
December 23rd, 2021, 05:22
The core rules has a (very skinny) version of the Investigators Handbook.
You dont need it the Core Rules content is function but the player content is skinny...

Varsuuk
December 23rd, 2021, 06:18
Thanks guys - I already may this year's FG purchases, was slipping in some CoC7 under (lots of expenses this XMas so holding back more than usual) on a second set.
I'll probably stick to just the main rules and the 2 starter adventures to try it out and get Investigator's later. Will probably get the Investigators print book sooner. I think I can convince wife/son to try CoC for in person - but not so sure they would want to do Down Darker so, prob best getting the Player's book soon and FG module next time need or on sale.

Was tempted to get MCC RPG book after buying the GMG 3rd Print + several print modules but it's not on sale so no rush this time around.

Varsuuk
December 26th, 2021, 20:52
OK - was listening to some general CoC7e videos to get feel and revisted my cart - I was thinking to add the Investigator book after all (esp once seeing who converted it - glad to buy stuff from him).

But while I think I squared away my FG purchases, I am confused about the physical books as a new Squidling:
I searched Wiki to see release order on some things. I had always assumed the Investigator book to be a "more info/expansion" book like There was a CoC7E Core Rules then this.
THAT's when I looked at wiki saying they split the 6E book into 2 books a Player's and Keepers. Did I get that right? If so, Investigator's Handbook sounds like the "Player's Handbook" and Keeper's the "DMG" in D&D parlance.
I had ASSUMED I ordered the "CoC7e rulebook" ;) when I got it on sale on Amazon for the future a few months back. I now see I ordered:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1568824300/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (plus the Keeper's screen in the likely vain hope to run it at home someday ;) )

WAS there a 7E all in one book? It is too late for me to return/exchange my Keeper book but for future would be good to know.
Getting the IH now seems like a requirement if I want the full game rules "in print"

(This all started cos I backed the 2 boxed sets of the 2E of the game reprint - looked like a fun thing to own lol... I'm probably interested, if I ended up playing more than a couple, the Roman and Western versions)

sedgetone
December 26th, 2021, 21:04
The Keepers Guide covers everything you need to GM and for players to build characters. The Investigators Handbook covers more occupations and lots of background for both players and Keepers on the 1920s. Prices of items, history and the like.
In general, if you're going to buy a physical copy get it from Chaosium. That way you will get the physical copy and the PDF for free.
The screen is excellent and the provided adventures are a lot of fun. One of the best things about CoC is that you only need the Keepers Guide to play. You only need the Keeper book, it's easy enough with the guidelines in the book to build new occupations. If you want to run modern day stuff you really don't need the Investigators Handbook.

Varsuuk
December 26th, 2021, 21:31
Thanks Segetone very much.

The wiki entry about splitting it into 2 books for second edition confused me. Like I said, for FG - I’ll get both for sure by time I complete my order tonight. The IG print I will still get, just leaving in my saved cart for sale, a need, or a phys book promo on Amazon.

For print, I looked at Chaosium but I was turned off by by the higher prices plus shipping. In the end, paying with my Amazon Chase card (5% Cashback for Amazon purchases), free 2 day shipping or $2 off for “standard” shipping plus peace of mind if came banged it’s a no question exchange beat out the $9 saving of only $118 for both with PDFs from Chaosium. If I bought PDFs from then vs at discount - I’d still be only like $127!from Amazon. And if decide not to get PDFs cos got physical and not creating content from pdf - I save like $40+ And get faster (non issue, but for some)

I mean, they ain’t Frog God or Goodman who will add the PDF if you bought it elsewhere so unless a decently better deal - I’ll get at my regular vendors. Maybe not so ironically, for FGG and GMG the overwhelming majority (98, 95%) I bought directly from the vendor for that reason.

sedgetone
December 26th, 2021, 21:54
The FGU reference guide is only missing the reference pages from the end of the book. The only other thing of note is that NPCs that have multiple move rates in the manual will be correct for their primary movement rate. You can use the vehicle Mov rate of the NPC record to add the other speeds. If values are present make sure you double check them with the manual.

MNight75
October 4th, 2022, 20:41
I don't mean to cause a fuss, but I bought the 7th Ed Call of Cthulhu (Call of Cthulhu 7E, and OC 7E Reference), 7th Ed Investigator Handbook (Call of Cthulhu 7e Investigators Handbook), 7e Call of Cthulhu Pulp (Call of Cthulhu 7e Pulp Cthulhu, and COC 7e PC Reference).

I have been through all of these, looking at the REFERENCE Manuals, the Tables inside the Modules, the Tables under Campaign. These vehicle tables are NOT here at all. In am in fact missing a number of tables from each of the books, perhaps this is simple a software error or some oversight? Any chance since you show these reference charts being here you could look into why they aren't here now, or for some reason aren't here for me?

pralix1138
October 4th, 2022, 20:55
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but there is a vehicle reference table in the Call of Cthulhu 7e module, in the Reference Manual, under C7 - Chases. I've included a pic to help. This table can be dragged to the hotbar at the bottom of your screen if you need to pull it up quickly.

sedgetone
October 4th, 2022, 20:57
I popped the data in a module and put it in the Forge:

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/412/view

I also put together an NPC generator :

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/411/view

Hope you find them useful.

MNight75
October 13th, 2022, 05:01
So trying to "fix stuff" now the module for COC 7E Pulp Reference which has a Skill list, the skill list box is absolutly blank, I cannot seem to get it properly redownloaded and I am pretty sure it wasn't supposed to be blank. Help.

sedgetone
October 13th, 2022, 08:25
So if you browse the CoC 7e Reference entry in Modules, then open the Skills list from there yes it is empty. But the Skills added by the module are there, here’s how to prove it:

1. Load CoC 7e Reference module.
2. Open the Skills list from the toolbar rather than the Modules section.
3. In the Skills list, click the Group at the top of the box to show the available groups.
4. Unload the CoC 7e Reference and you, you will see Psychic Skills and Pulp Cthulhu groups disappear.

MNight75
October 13th, 2022, 15:29
Zealot, that is spectacular, many thanks.

MNight75
October 13th, 2022, 15:32
I popped the data in a module and put it in the Forge:

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/412/view

I also put together an NPC generator :

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/411/view

Hope you find them useful.

I did Sedgestone, thankyou for those things you put in the Forge.

Speaking of Forge I am getting a red box with an error when I click on creator, while logged in. Any ideas who I should bring this up to?

sedgetone
October 13th, 2022, 15:35
Questions for Forge are here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?129-The-House-of-Healing-Forge

hackRPG
August 16th, 2023, 05:39
Thanks to everyone for the great work in bringing Call of Cthulhu 7e to FG. I am new to FG as I was looking for a VTT to run Masks of Nyarlathotep - gave it a try for a few one shots for my group and have solidly landed on FG as the VTT of choice for this type of game. Only wish I have are for markdown/RTF options for notes and journal entries but that aside - awesome tool.

ianmward
August 16th, 2023, 06:35
Thanks hackRPG for the kind words.

The lack of markdown / RTF notes is, unfortunately, a limitation of the underlying FG Unity system, I’m afraid, so is unlikely to change any time soon.