PDA

View Full Version : Images in a Star Wars Edge of the Empire Library Module

Archamus
December 21st, 2016, 21:20
I'm trying to add some image links to a library module for the Star Wars EotE ruleset v2.1, and I've run out of ideas of what I may be doing wrong.

When I click on my link I get the image window, but it's just a blank image window.

If anyone more knowledgeable than me could take a look I'd appreciate it.

Here is the ruleset I'm using. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24151-Star-Wars-Edge-of-the-Empire-Age-of-Rebellion-Force-and-Destiny-v2-ruleset&highlight=star+wars+ruleset+v2.0) It uses an older version of fantasy grounds.

Here is a folder that has the module with everything else trimmed out. (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8l6k6CWSJdgeDM2MEs4Y2drMjg) It also has the two class xml files of the ruleset that are related to images, no idea if they could be part of the issue, if I'm just doing something wrong, or if it just doesn't work with this version of fantasy grounds.

Trenloe
December 21st, 2016, 22:23
The library doesn't allow links to different references, the data (in this case and <image> record) needs to be in the library entry itself:

<library static="true">
<talents>
<categoryname type="string">Talents</categoryname>
<name type="string">Talents</name>
<entries>
<consularhealer>
<classname type="string">image</classname>
<name type="string">Link to image here</name>
<image type="image">
<bitmap>Test.png</bitmap>
</image>
</consularhealer>
</entries>
</talents>
</library>

Here is the ruleset I'm using. It uses an older version of fantasy grounds.
Note: the ruleset has been tested with FG v3.2.X and should work fine. It is not limited to older FG versions.

Archamus
December 22nd, 2016, 00:22
Thank you!

My fantasy grounds is up to date. I just mentioned the older version, because I wasn't sure how to articulate that it is using the older style of the library, because I assume the new fancy version has some differences when it comes to format.

I didn't realize there was an issue with calling things from different references, because I've been indirectly doing it for a couple of days now. The first thing I did was combine two of the modules (player library and starships and vehicles) and move the bulk of the information to a reference tag.

After you pointed this out I went back and messed with it some more. It seems that the library itself cannot access the reference tag, but everything called up inside the library has no such limitation, which is why I didn't have problems earlier.