PDA

View Full Version : holy damage

Evion
December 21st, 2016, 17:01
A holy weapon is imbued with holy power. This power makes the weapon good-aligned and thus bypasses the corresponding damage reduction. It deals an extra 2d6 points of damage against all creatures of evil alignment. It bestows one permanent negative level on any evil creature attempting to wield it. The negative level remains as long as the weapon is in hand and disappears when the weapon is no longer wielded. This negative level cannot be overcome in any way (including by restoration spells) while the weapon is wielded.

question is how do i deal 2d6 holy damage on a holy great sword to only evil creatures? some time the GM is not going to just tell you the monster or player is evil, so when i hit a monster who is good or none evil, the extra 2d6 shouldn't apply but yet it does

Zacchaeus
December 21st, 2016, 17:57
IFT: ALIGN (evil); DMG 2d6

Place this on the sword wielder. Note however that FG won't know only that one sword is the one so this will work for any weapon used by the wielder.

Evion
December 22nd, 2016, 10:32
ok im very new to FG just 3 days old lol where and please be detailed about it do i put this code in
IFT:ALIGN (evil); DMG 2d6
i try to put in everywhere and nothing, i put it on the weapon in both inventory and actions, still dont know where on the weapon, i put it on effects and nothing, i dont mind if all his weapons deal holy damage, hes a paladin and all his weapons have holy enchantments

Zacchaeus
December 22nd, 2016, 11:37
I'm not hugely familiar with the 3.5 ruleset, I just read the wiki here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Effects). It goes on the character's action tab; but I think in 3.5 you need to create a spell or spell like ability to enable such effects.

I need to learn not to get involved in 3.5 questions :)

Callum
December 22nd, 2016, 20:47
Effects always go in the Combat Tracker. As Zac says, this will mean that the bonus damage will be added to every attack made by the character with the effect on, not just the ones with that particular sword.

Evion
December 22nd, 2016, 23:10
thx i finally figure it out lol,
1: IFT:ALIGN (evil); DMG 2d6 (this was what i copy from zac and put in but its missing : after damage)
2: IFT: ALIGN (evil); DMG: 2d6
lol god damn it, its not zac fault :( but again im very new to FG, such a head ache over : ><, thx for all your help guys, hope my grey hairs stop growing over this hehehehe

damned
December 22nd, 2016, 23:47
thx i finally figure it out lol,
1: IFT:ALIGN (evil); DMG 2d6 (this was what i copy from zac and put in but its missing : after damage)
2: IFT: ALIGN (evil); DMG: 2d6
lol god damn it, its not zac fault :( but again im very new to FG, such a head ache over : ><, thx for all your help guys, hope my grey hairs stop growing over this hehehehe

It gets easier.... also - you dont have to know *everything* to start using it. There is soooo much stuff I dont know and stuff Ill probably never need to know.

Zacchaeus
December 23rd, 2016, 00:34
Ah, good grief. Sorry about that.