PDA

View Full Version : Digital Coin Forge on Kickstarter (Design Custom Coins)

gtw2017
December 21st, 2016, 00:30
Welcome to my fifth Kickstarter :) This time I am bringing you Everything you need to easily put together tens of thousands of different types of your own custom design RPG coins at home with this massive Digital Coin Forge.

As a gamer and a problem solver, my focus on innovation is to deliver ways of doing things that require minimal work that anyone can learn to use within minutes. With this specially designed kit you can rapidly put THOUSANDS of coin styles together in dozens of materials/metal textures and print as many as you need. And most importantly - customize them to include YOUR names, locations, persons, dates and denominations and details that fit any of your RPG worlds. All you need is Photoshop/GIMP or another artistic program that uses layers and my kit supplies the rest. My guide will teach you in minutes how to easily assemble thousands of designs custom made for any game you're running so you can print out as many custom-made coins as you need.

While there are some companies that print RPG currencies and metal coins - None of them offer you the ability to CUSTOMIZE the coins to suit your world like the Digital Coin Forge does. With my digital design kit, in just a few minutes you can craft sets of coins to print in specific colours, textures, styles, shapes, sizes, fonts and put the names and images of your Kings, your Fantasy Lands/Worlds, your Year Dates, your Denominations or even your or custom Faces on them where you want them when you want them. Isn't it time people knew you were King?

Ammo, Shells, Bullets and more are also in the midst of being added to the campaign.

Check out the Digital Coin Forge (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gametilewarehouse/digital-coin-forge-design-print-rpg-coins-on-your)

12 days to go. 9 Stretch Goals unlocked.

Kind Regards, Kris

Bidmaron
December 21st, 2016, 00:58
As I said in another thread, I have backed this to $75 aus and got the B add on. I like that we can use this to make an essentially endless supply of coins of different lands and times.

gtw2017
December 21st, 2016, 04:55
Hi Bidmaron :) Thank you very much for your contribution! Several Stretch Goals (Greek/Roman/Sumerian) were just reached (making it 11 reached now) so I will be sharing those on Friday: and Add-Ons for extra coin/gem/ammo sets have just been added. And yes - you should easily be able to create tens of thousands of combinations of coins even without making any alterations to the existing templates -plus you can easily add new ones which I'll illustrate in the guide. Thanks very much for your support with this.

Kind Regards,
Kris

Bidmaron
December 21st, 2016, 23:46
Kris I am really excited about this. I haven't done a lot of kickstarters, but yours I had to do!

I am going to add the ability to have puctures of coins in the items database (links anyway). And I have long felt that treasures would be a lot more interesting if it weren't just 30gp but 30 gold Iktars of the ancient Rax Imperius in a treasure parcel.

And just what is one of those worth now anyway?

damned
December 22nd, 2016, 00:06
Have I read this correctly that users will be able to add their own resources to the tool to make their own coins?

gtw2017
December 22nd, 2016, 01:34
Hi - well I appreciate you backing mine, adding pictures will be easy, do you intend to use them as baseplates and just draw/design over them to modify the coins? clever :) Customization is what people want - its just not offered - I try to spot niches in an over-saturated market and things that haven't been done to make a useful, innovative, concept into a reality - its the only way a small player like me can break into the the market, so luckily I have a good imagination and decent grasp of game building, these are things I'd have liked available decades ago, but no-one ever made them, so here I am making them myself.
I think making your own coins is something that is long-missing from the RPG community - as I say, coins aren't just metal discs with implied value, they tells stories, often long before a character even gets to a location or meets the race that mints/uses them. Plus I'm now doing ammo as well :) Aztec was unlocked this morning as well. Should be a big Friday as I have 2 More showcases, and 3 Ammo Boxes to reveal.

gtw2017
December 22nd, 2016, 01:35
Hi Damned, yes, not a problem, the DCF includes n instruction guide to show you how. So you can expand the Forge infinitely if you want to and tailor it to make any design you like.

Myrdin Potter
January 1st, 2017, 22:28
This is ending today. A fair number of stretch goals unlocked and it looks to be a fun way to add variety to your games.

I am also happy that another meanders KS will start in about a month and add an even wider variety of maps and terrains for encounters.

gtw2017
January 9th, 2017, 22:18
Big thanks to everyone that pledged to make the DCF a success! I am currently working on the Instruction Guide which is now 95% complete and will allow you to quickly get to grips using GIMP to make coins of all types. The draft has been completed and I am re-working the guide to ensure spelling, grammar, clarity, reason and all the good things are in the right place to make learning how to use it a breeze. The DCF's will be ready to go out to all backers on the day the KS funds clear - well ahead of the expected February date. With the extra time I have I am checking the diagnostics of the templates, making sure everything lines up and is problem-free so that you have the best quality tool-set I can make. I am currently adding an extra section showing you how to import/add your own layers/textures to enhance the DCF.

Kind Regards,
Kris

gtw2017
January 13th, 2017, 20:22
Hi :) Wishing Well and Lucky Dip's have now been sent their rewards.

The Numinomicon aka the Digital Coin Forge Guide is now complete and will be supplied as a PDF. It contains dozens if screenshots and step-by-step instructions on how to use GIMP to work the DCF.

More than half of the Surveys have gone out and mostly require telling me which font you want and what your free custom text ring should say - this will then be added to the DCF Denominator so you can add it to your coins as a special layer.

I have contacted Exclusive Pledge levels (Illuminati/King's Ransom) via my personal email to initiate your custom coin creation processes. Both sets of 5 exclusive Illuminati coins and templates, and set of 5 exclusive Arthurian coins and templates have been completed and added to the respective DCFs.

I am just finalizing and adding the text rings that go with the Standard and Master DCF and I will be done and ready to send your DCF out - hopefully on the 17th or 18th.

Surveys for those of you with a printed Ammo Box and/or Treasure Hoard will be going out in a day or two.

Not long now. :)

Kind Regards,

Kris

Bidmaron
January 13th, 2017, 21:13
I was an exclusive and I have seen nothing since the kickstarter closef

gtw2017
January 14th, 2017, 06:35
Hi Bidmaron - if you get emails from Kickstarter, there have been three updates within days of each other posted at the main campaign since the KS closed. Emails were sent out yesterday to all Exclusive Backers to initiate the custom coin side of things. I've been working very hard - and as a result the DCF's will be ready within a few days time, well before the quoted, February or March Dates.

Kind Regards,
Kris

Bidmaron
January 14th, 2017, 09:59
Kris, I haven't received any e-mails since the end of the Kickstarter, and I am an exclusive backer. I was getting all the updates during the Kickstarter but I haven't heard anything since then, and there isn't anything in my junk folder from you or Kickstarter.

gtw2017
January 14th, 2017, 11:05
Hi - not sure what's happening with that - but I assure you I have been communicating with backers both privately and publicly. Strangely, I didn't get notifications from Kickstarter regarding added/dropped pledge levels during the campaign as I usually do either. Maybe they changed a setting and you have to reset it manually? Nonetheless, here are the three posts that were made.

Progress Report: 6th Jan (Green) https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gametilewarehouse/digital-coin-forge-design-print-rpg-coins-on-your/posts/1778319

0 Comments

1 like
Hi Guys :) Just as with the Skinny Bar, I've added a colour code to the progress report. If it's green it means everything is on track, yellow there's a minor problem, red something has gone wrong and you should read the update.

The Extra Templates have now been added. With all of the Stretch Goals unlocked here is how the DCF's stand:

The Standard DCF is now 180 Templates + 74 textures + the 18 Box A1 shell casings.
The Master DCF is now 230 templates + 100 textures + the 18 Box A1 shell casings.
If you have Custom Illuminati or Kings Ransom pledges the DCF is 242 templates (includes special themed templates) + 101 textures + the 18 Box A1 shell casings + 5 special digital coins in an Illuminati or Kings Ransom theme added to your Showcase Coins. (These coins are in progress)

The Instruction Guide is almost finished so I will be starting to put together Surveys and contacting custom pledgers in the next few days to follow-up started discussions on what you want or field a general idea if I haven't asked you yet. Don't worry if you don't know - you have plenty of time to think about it - and can put in the order anytime you like when you do. :)

I've started building a page on my website with some basic upgrades - I will have a larger graphic selection chart up on my website as well as sent to boxed set pledgers next week for those of you buying boxed sets. You'll need to have two screens open to fill out your survey as you'll likely need to refer back to the numbers/letters etc.

https://gametilewarehouse.wixsite.com/rpgtilesupply/digital-coin-forge

In summary: Everything's on track. I'll post again soon.

Kind Regards,

Kris

----------------

Progress Report: 9th Jan (Green) https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gametilewarehouse/digital-coin-forge-design-print-rpg-coins-on-your/posts/1779678

0 Comments

The draft for the 40 page PDF Instruction Guide is now complete and I am reviewing it step by step to ensure instructions are clear, steps are thorough, that there is no ambiguity, grammar and spelling are correct, it is easy to follow, has enough screenshots and that the guide makes overall sense to a first time-user to GIMP.

Kind Regards,

Kris

-------------

Progress Report: Jan 14th: Digital DCF's nearly ready - rewards starting to go out. (Green) https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gametilewarehouse/digital-coin-forge-design-print-rpg-coins-on-your/posts/1783546

0 Comments

1 like
Hi :) Wishing Well and Lucky Dip's have now been sent their rewards.

The Numinomicon aka the Digital Coin Forge Guide is now complete and will be supplied as a PDF. It contains dozens if screenshots and step-by-step instructions on how to use GIMP to work the DCF.

More than half of the Surveys have gone out and mostly require telling me which font you want and what your free custom text ring should say - this will then be added to the DCF Denominator so you can add it to your coins as a special layer.

I have contacted Exclusive Pledge levels (Illuminati/King's Ransom) via my personal email to initiate your custom coin creation processes. Both sets of 5 exclusive Illuminati coins and templates, and set of 5 exclusive Arthurian coins and templates have been completed and added to the respective DCFs.

I am just finalizing and adding the text rings that go with the Standard and Master DCF and I will be done and ready to send your DCF out - hopefully on the 17th or 18th.

Surveys for those of you with a printed Ammo Box and/or Treasure Hoard will be going out in a day or two.

Not long now. :)

Kind Regards,

Kris

-------------

In short, the project is nearly complete and you should have your DCF soon. If you can, please send me a PM and let me know your kickstarter name. There doesn't appear to be a Bidmaron and I have no way of tying your account here to a backer on Kickstarter if a different name is used.

Also, this is my 5th campaign and I pride myself on conducting a professional business transaction and supplying regular and thorough communication to those who have taken time and contributed money to make my projects a reality - and there has been no difference in my intentions for the DCF from the previous four projects I have run. I can appreciate you may not have gotten updates - but not for lack of good intention and effort to supply them on my part.

gtw2017
January 14th, 2017, 11:17
Bidmaron, you should also have received an email 24 hours ago that says something this:

"Hello :) If you're reading this email then you very kindly pledged for the Exclusive Illuminati Digital Coin Forge which came with an entitlement to request from me the custom creation of up to 9 different coins.

This is my personal email by which you can reach me at anytime to discuss the process or submit a request. You do not have to submit the concepts for all 9 coins at once, and your 9 custom coin designs are valid for request until Jan 1st 2018.

If you have a general or good idea of what you want - please send me a detailed description per coin, a rough sketch if possible so that I can accurately replicate your desired layout, the numbers of any Showcase Coins that your desired coin might resemble or be similar to, and any visual reference material that has a style of a particular coin you wish to imitate.

Please also tell me the shape, supply any dates, text or tell me the denomination of your coin if required - and if possible include these details on your sketched layout.

It may be worth spending a few days with your DCF looking at the textures and templates to give you a better idea but virtually anything is possible. The more precise the information you give me, the easier it is to create what you want.

I look forward to hearing from you and working with you to design your coins!

Kind Regards,
Kris"

Bidmaron
January 14th, 2017, 11:17
Kris, I went to Kickstarter and it said that my emails have been bouncing back, so evidently I've been missing the more recent e-mails. I don't know what is wrong with my aol account, but I changed the email to my iCloud address. So I now should see whatever you send. I just checked my backing level and I did the Hoard A Kings Ransom exclusive $195 AU level

gtw2017
January 14th, 2017, 11:24
OK, good that you were able to identify the problem - quoted delivery date for your pledge was March - but I should now be able to do it by Early Feb. You will get a survey in the next 24 hours. Because of the complexity involved with the boxed sets, the surveys have been left to last - however, your DCF will be arriving in a matter of hours.

Kind Regards,
Kris

gtw2017
January 15th, 2017, 09:48
90% of DCF's have now gone out and there is just a few days left to get the DCF for yourself at the kickstarter price which will rise on the 18th Jan.

Get the Digital Coin Forge from Game Tile Warehouse (https://gametilewarehouse.wixsite.com/rpgtilesupply/digital-coin-forge)

Bidmaron
January 15th, 2017, 13:27
I have to say that I am very pleased with the outcome of this. I ran into an issue with KS where the aol e-mail account I used ran into a storage limitation and I stopped receiving e-mails, but that wasn't Kris' fault. The DCG toolkit you get does, in fact, contain the resources and the instructions you need to make your own coins. Depending on your purchase level, you get a ton of pre-made coins as well.

The manual that comes with it is over 40 pages and gives you step-by-step instructions on how to use the three portions of the toolkit to make awesome coins that can be circular, square, rectangular, triangular, and flat-rings. The first DCF file contains shapes and graphic design. The second DCF file contains texturing and colorizing. The third has denominators and text tools.

In one of his updates, Kris mentioned it is still possible to join the KS (up until I think the 18th?), but after that the rates will go up to post-KS levels.

If you want to add the detail of different currencies besides the boring cp, sp, gp, pp, then this (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gametilewarehouse/digital-coin-forge-design-print-rpg-coins-on-your) is for you.

Now I guess my project after my generator extension this is an extension to handle currency conversions and links to coin images....

Ken L
January 16th, 2017, 21:50
This is basically a template churner.

I've done the same thing with GIMP for years by layering templates I've created and meshed using photos and some original painted borders using Krita.

Bidmaron
January 17th, 2017, 00:37
Ken, you are exactly right. But that is perfect for guys like me who are not artistic. It doesn't pretend to be anything more than a "template churner." That is exactly what I wanted.

gtw2017
January 17th, 2017, 04:52
That's right - it doesn't pretend to be anything else, it's in the name, Digital Coin Forge, which describes what it does. It's a simple solution to a problem if you don't have strong design skills and a fun way to make thousands and thousands of coins easily, there were also 99 unique digital coins made and supplied to many backers and printed box offers for physical coin tokens AND ammo munitions tokens too. But perhaps most importantly was the added bonus of a free guide to using the GIMP OS by someone with experience in using it and in teaching others - and in teaching others how to add to it to make it as large as they like in whatever styles they want.