PDA

View Full Version : Modding or Enabling Player Whispers

SteinerNein
October 9th, 2005, 21:22
Basically, I wish to know if anyone has a way to enable player to player whispers with DM viewing.

Cantstanzya
October 10th, 2005, 01:55
The DM should know everything that is happening in the campaign. In my opinion player to player whispers shouldn't be allowed, and currently is not an option in FG. I hope it stays that way.

richvalle
October 10th, 2005, 02:32
I think what he is asking for is a way for the players to wisper to each other AND the DM can view it.

rv

Cantstanzya
October 10th, 2005, 03:35
My appologies, I must have mis-read it. There is no way to currently do this, but it would be a nice feature. There is a lot of talk about tabbed chat boxes in another post. Hopefully something like this is on the roadmap.

Toadwart
October 10th, 2005, 23:34
:?: would this work (as a rather clunky work-around):
Player A creates a note containing the message for and shares it with Player B only.
Can you share a note with a single player like this? and if so, does the GM also get it?

kalmarjan
October 10th, 2005, 23:57
Yep, the GM also gets it.

Cheers,

Sandeman

Cantstanzya
October 11th, 2005, 03:16
:?: would this work (as a rather clunky work-around):
Player A creates a note containing the message for and shares it with Player B only.
Can you share a note with a single player like this? and if so, does the GM also get it?We tried this but it is not a good way for two player characters to hold a conversation. If both people edit this note at the same time you most likely will lock FG up. It won't always lock it up, but it has caused our campaign to lock up before. Just have your players know that they shouldn't use this as a chatbox to hold a conversation, but use it as a way to "pass a note", with an emphasis on "a".