PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Sale?

Answulf
December 20th, 2016, 20:32
Any plans for one, or did I already miss it?

damned
December 20th, 2016, 20:46
Without speaking out if turn there is every indication that the Steam Winter Sale might start at 10am on the 21st.... There is a good chance a good amount of FG product will have some degree of discount on it... but Im only guessing on both counts....

LordEntrails
December 20th, 2016, 20:46
Sales are never announced in advance.

BUT, given history that I'm aware of, SmiteWorks has always had a sale on their store when Steam has a sale. Google shows that Steam traditionally has a winter sale, and some say that this will occur this year starting Thursday, December 22nd.

SpiritofFire
December 21st, 2016, 21:19
Anyone know if Volo's is eligible for discount yet?

If it is, I'm going to complete my 5e set!

LordEntrails
December 21st, 2016, 21:26
Anyone know if Volo's is eligible for discount yet?

If it is, I'm going to complete my 5e set!
It has been mentioned that normally new products are not eligible until 8 weeks after their initial release. I don't know if this is from the normal availability date (November 4th) or if the early release date counts.

The Winter sale probably starts tomorrow, we will find out for certain once the sale starts.

damned
December 21st, 2016, 22:24
It has been confirmed for the 22nd. the 8 weeks is a minimum thing. Its not an 8 weeks and it will go on sale, its a hard and fast rule that it cannot go on sale before its 8 weeks old...

Nylanfs
December 21st, 2016, 23:06
Also Doug just sent the license list to Valve.

LordEntrails
December 22nd, 2016, 00:01
It has been confirmed for the 22nd. the 8 weeks is a minimum thing. Its not an 8 weeks and it will go on sale, its a hard and fast rule that it cannot go on sale before its 8 weeks old...
Yes, I did not mean to imply that it would go on sale after 8 weeks, only that their are (probably) contractual obligations that prevent it from going on sale before then. Thanks for clarifying that for everyone :)