Greyhawk: Those Forgotten

FG License: DM has Ultimate License
Game System: DnD 5E

Time Zone: Central
Day of Week and Time: Saturdays, 7PM to 10-11PM
Planned Start Date: Session 0 on 1/7/17, after the holidays
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Long term campaign

Text or Voice: Text Only, although voice may be used at a later date depending on group preference
Voice software used: N/A

Roleplay & Combat Mix: 60/40
Number of Players Needed: 4-5
Character Starting Level & Equipment: 1st level; equipment and gold based on class and background
Character Restrictions: Core and most UA from WotC allowed

Details:

I am new to FG, so there will be a bit of a learning curve for myself as well initially, although I have used a VTT before through Roll20.

I am looking for players more interested in the storytelling and role-playing over straight combat, although it obviously remains a part of the game. I am particularly interested in players new to DnD or gaming in general.

This game is set in Greyhawk, CY576 (the starting year from the 1983 boxed set), although it is highly customized. I will be making use of the Shackled City adventure path from 2005, although that is also highly customized. Greyhawk and the Shackled City therefore serve as the foundation for the beginning of the overall campaign and storylines, although it is an open world and the characters are free to do as they please.

Link to Game Calendar page: A Google Docs calendar will be made available to accepted players.

khavi
December 20th, 2016, 15:55
I'd be interested in playing if you've still got room. I've only been playing D&D for about a month, but I'm picking it up quick. ;)

Fatherdeath
December 20th, 2016, 18:22
This sounds like a great campaign setting. I've never done. A Greyhawk game. I'm in if you got room

Planeswalker
December 20th, 2016, 18:33
I'm very new to FG and 5E. Highly interested in story-rich games and would love to apply to be a part of this.

wa88
December 20th, 2016, 18:39
Also a total noob to FG, would love to join if you have space. I have characters that range from wizard to fighter. whatever the group needs.

santhinal
December 21st, 2016, 05:38
i am in my first campaign after a several year long break from D&D and would not mind joining a campaign, i'm fairly new to D&D (only was in 2 {debatably 3} campaigns before my several year long break and im almost completely new to 5e. i'm not willing to roll a rouge unless you allow homebrew rule poisons though (i like my cyanide using rouges too much)
but i am willing to roll up just about any other class and i do have a barbarian or a sorcerer ready to go already.

Kaelk
December 27th, 2016, 03:26
Not sure where you are at on recruitment, and if you are full-up, no worries, but I thought I'd throw in as well.

New to Fantasy Grounds, though not online tabletops, and haven't broken into 5E yet, but been looking to. I've been doing the tabletop RPG thing for 15 years or so, both as a player and a DM/GM. I'll play pretty much anything. Let me know if you'd like to hear more.

Outcast 2-4
December 28th, 2016, 01:32
If there is still room available, I'd like to participate as I'm a big fan of the Greyhawk setting and have been trying to get in a campaign set there for years. I am by no means new to D&D or gaming though.

seannachie
December 28th, 2016, 10:45
** Applications for this game are no longer being accepted. **

I would like to thank everyone for applying. I have sent private messages to each applicant. If I have somehow overlooked someone that has applied, or if you have further info you'd like to provide, please feel free to contact me via PM. Thank you again!