PDA

View Full Version : FG and the DM subscription questions..

HasNoStyle
December 20th, 2016, 08:31
I was wondering what you can do right off the bat if you get a DM sub...? It looks like you might still have to buy books like the PHB and DM guide to run a regular game. I've looked high and low, but haven't really seen anything about what you can do right out of the gate.

Thanks

damned
December 20th, 2016, 09:44
Hi HasNoStyle this info is in lots of places. This is a snapshot of that info. Hope it helps.

$3.99 or $39 is a license that lets you GM or Play. If you are the GM all Players also need a similar or better license.
You get The D&D 5e SRD and Basic Rules included. Enough to play play with but only about half the licensed content.
You also get a chunk of 3.5e and Panthfinder SRD and PWYW Fate Core. You also get rulesets without content for Numenera and 4e.
Plus you get a set of Tokens and Battemaps.

$9.99 or $149 is a license that lets you GM or Play. If you are the GM players can be licensed or demo/free players.
You get The D&D 5e SRD and Basic Rules included. Enough to play play with but only about half the licensed content.
You also get a chunk of 3.5e and Panthfinder SRD and PWYW Fate Core. You also get rulesets without content for Numenera and 4e.

Nickademus
December 20th, 2016, 11:14
$3.99 or $39 is a license that lets you GM or Play. If you are the GM all Players also need a similar or better license.

*Pathfinder

I'm fairly sure all the PF SRD is available for free in the forum module thread. Also, isn't the Castle and Crusades ruleset included with any license?

damned
December 20th, 2016, 11:32
*Pathfinder

I'm fairly sure all the PF SRD is available for free in the forum module thread. Also, isn't the Castle and Crusades ruleset included with any license?

There is oodles of PF (safer if I abbreviate) on the forums, I was just listing what is included in the license :)
Castles & Crusades is extra but at $10 its a bargain.

Zacchaeus
December 20th, 2016, 11:41
If you are looking to play 5e then this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?32987-What-do-I-need-to-play-5e) might be helpful

Nickademus
December 20th, 2016, 15:17
Castles & Crusades is extra but at $10 its a bargain.

Did I buy C&C? I must have, because I always get the ruleset when I update. Hmm, is it necessary for a player to have a ruleset or does the GM having it count? I've never run C&C but I did try a game of it. Must have bought the ruleset then.

Zacchaeus
December 20th, 2016, 15:29
Did I buy C&C? I must have, because I always get the ruleset when I update. Hmm, is it necessary for a player to have a ruleset or does the GM having it count? I've never run C&C but I did try a game of it. Must have bought the ruleset then.

Players don't need anything if the DM has it - otherwise the players would need the rulesets even with a demo version.

damned
December 20th, 2016, 20:34
C&C was an anomaly for quite a while with players also needing the ruleset if they wanted access to the PHB and Equipment and Spells etc so many players would have bought C&C too pre about 2012/2013.

HasNoStyle
December 21st, 2016, 05:48
Thanks all!