PDA

View Full Version : FG-Daze: Conan 2D20 - Death By Moonlight

ShotGun Jolly
December 20th, 2016, 02:57
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2301 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2301)

This will be a short introductory adventure using the soon to be released 2d20 Conan system from Modiphius.

Ill add more information here in a little bit. But this is open to anyone, regardless of experience. Only thing I ask that you have will be a Mic and Headset. Pregens will be provided.

More TBA in the next few days.

Time of Game: 22:00 EST, Approx length will be 2 hours.

Hi all,

Just letting everyone know the I have the room setup for Teamspeak
The information for joining can be found here at this link FG TeamSpeak Server (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server&p=129318&viewfull=1#post129318)

The channel can be found in /Gamechannels/[FG Daze] Death by Moonlight.
My server info is "young thug cold thief"
Feel free to attempt to log on at anytime, I may have the server up or not, but its up often. This will help save on all the server demand which happens sometimes when we have these events.

ShotGun Jolly
December 20th, 2016, 21:25
Wow, that filled up fast!

bigboom
December 21st, 2016, 05:57
I've signed up for the waitlist in case a spot opens up!

Jolly, FYI, in your post, you've stated you'll start at 22:00 EST but the calendar posting shows EDT. I'm located in a region where there is no daylight savings, so the calendar tells me the game starts at 9:00 in my local time. But I assume you're actually starting according to EST, which would be 10:00 in my time zone. Not sure if you can select EST versus EDT in the calendar, but just an FYI to you and others!

Raz_Kabooz
December 21st, 2016, 12:55
Wow, that filled up fast! Because Conan IS GOOD STUFF!

I was casually following the Kickstarter but didn't take the plunge. I'm excited that you're hosting a session! Many thanks to you Jolly!

ShotGun Jolly
December 22nd, 2016, 04:49
Because Conan IS GOOD STUFF!

I was casually following the Kickstarter but didn't take the plunge. I'm excited that you're hosting a session! Many thanks to you Jolly!

Yeah, I am looking forward to diving deep into this one.. Should be a fun time!

Magnimost
December 23rd, 2016, 02:17
So glad to see Conan moving forward on FG!

There's still a chance to get on the crowdfunding campaign, I believe.

ShotGun Jolly
December 25th, 2016, 09:32
Just incase some of you are not aware, but when I host games I record/broadcast them and post them for my blog. Thing is, no one needs to have a cam. I only record peoples voices. As i know some people can be shy.

Also, for all my games i post little video teasers.. so here it is!

https://youtu.be/cwxGfUCVdPE

Raz_Kabooz
December 25th, 2016, 14:54
Also, for all my games i post little video teasers.. so here it is!

https://youtu.be/cwxGfUCVdPE

Excellent! They will sing the tales of our victories, just as King Conan himself!

https://youtu.be/OBGOQ7SsJrw

ShotGun Jolly
December 25th, 2016, 19:21
Hahahah..

CONAN THE Musical! Wicked!

Ellspeth
December 25th, 2016, 23:46
Lovely, I think I can overcome my debilitating shyness and deal with being recorded. This is the place to warn you though, 17056

damned
December 26th, 2016, 00:05
It aint over till the <insert descriptor here> lady sings!

goodmanje
December 28th, 2016, 02:06
If you need any alternates please put me down. For some reason the calander link didn't work for me.

ShotGun Jolly
December 29th, 2016, 08:13
I have it open now to accept alternates now.. feel free and sign the list if you still want. :)

Ellspeth
December 29th, 2016, 12:01
It aint over till the <insert descriptor here> lady sings!

You must mean "until the sweet, silver haired Nana sings".

ShotGun Jolly
December 29th, 2016, 12:22
Anyone able to tell me why my game is not showing up on the game calendar? It shows on the dashboard though??

damned
December 29th, 2016, 12:31
I can see it on both calendar views.

ShotGun Jolly
December 29th, 2016, 12:42
Hmmm....Very odd. Thanks.

Ellspeth
December 29th, 2016, 15:20
I can't see it on the calendars either Jolly, I can find it only by following the link, and of course it shows under my active games list.
Also got the quickstart, are the 6 pre-gens there the ones you plan to use?

Zhern
December 29th, 2016, 16:40
I was able to see it too. I applied as an alternate in the event a slot opens up. Hope that was alright.

ShotGun Jolly
December 29th, 2016, 18:21
I can't see it on the calendars either Jolly, I can find it only by following the link, and of course it shows under my active games list.
Also got the quickstart, are the 6 pre-gens there the ones you plan to use?

Yes, that is the plan.

ShotGun Jolly
December 29th, 2016, 18:21
I was able to see it too. I applied as an alternate in the event a slot opens up. Hope that was alright.

Sure thing!

Mortar
December 31st, 2016, 14:48
Having helped Jolly test both the rules set up within the MoreCore extension and the actual adventure he plans to run, it will be fun session for the players.

damned
January 1st, 2017, 01:25
Having helped Jolly test both the rules set up within the MoreCore extension and the actual adventure he plans to run, it will be fun session for the players.

MoreCore is a ruleset now! Dont use the extension! I know Shotgun Jolly is using the ruleset...

ShotGun Jolly
January 1st, 2017, 02:39
MoreCore is a ruleset now! Dont use the extension! I know Shotgun Jolly is using the ruleset...

Yeah Mortar! Get with the program! :p

Mind you, I have been bolting on my own conan extension over top of MoreCore.. And I am nearly there. Based on my feed back from the guys over the last week its making some good progress. :)

Mortar
January 1st, 2017, 03:33
Yep, I should have said ruleset, either way I like what the MoreCore ruleset is capable of, and I like what you have done for 2d20 Conan. The revised theme looks fantastic, and the character sheet gets better and more functional with each iteration.

ShotGun Jolly
January 5th, 2017, 21:34
Hi all,

Just letting everyone know the I have the room setup for Teamspeak
The information for joining can be found here at this link FG TeamSpeak Server (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server&p=129318&viewfull=1#post129318)

The channel can be found in /Gamechannels/[FG Daze] Death by Moonlight.
my server info is "young thug cold thief" feel free to attempt to log on at anytime, I may have the server up or not, but its up often. This will help save on all the server demand which happens sometimes when we have these events.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
Lets get our Conan on!

Note: First post updated with this information

Raz_Kabooz
January 7th, 2017, 14:56
my server info is "young thug cold thief" feel free to attempt to log on at anytime, I may have the server up or not, but its up often. This will help save on all the server demand which happens sometimes when we have these events.
Hey Jolly, please let us know when the server will be up next so that we may upload the items. Don't want to spam you while you're playing this afternoon. :o

ShotGun Jolly
January 7th, 2017, 15:17
Hey Jolly, please let us know when the server will be up next so that we may upload the items. Don't want to spam you while you're playing this afternoon. :o

No problem, Ill leave it up now for the next little while.. Ill try to keep it running most of the day too.

ShotGun Jolly
January 8th, 2017, 06:32
Hi everyone, I would like to thank everyone who joined me tonight in some good ole fashion Sword and Sorcery in Hyboria tonight. Its a real treat to get to game with some of the other familiar names from the community whom I never actually talked with before!

That made the game that much more enjoyable for me!!

Hope you enjoyed it!

If anyone would like to see the game in action, feel to watch the broadcast on Twitch here at this link (https://www.twitch.tv/thejollygm/v/113219626) I think they keep it there for a few days. But Eventually I will add it to my Youtube channel.

Thanks everyone!

ShotGun Jolly
January 8th, 2017, 06:34
How do people add the images so you can see it in the post??:confused::confused:

*Mask of Winter comes through for the win!!!*

Thanks!

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FDLz3vkJr7U/WHHfwATxS7I/AAAAAAAAIts/h8ZgEwyFIsMtsY-JvO0DwFEHcHklYfdaACLcB/s1600/screenshot0005.png

Oh, and I will say.. Thanks to Fantasy Grounds and the developers of MoreCore!! Thanks for the great tools to work with!!

Raz_Kabooz
January 8th, 2017, 12:18
Oh, and I will say.. Thanks to Fantasy Grounds and the developers of MoreCore!! Thanks for the great tools to work with!!

And thank you Jolly for running a very exciting adventure! The rules and your GM style truly captured the brutality and all that is good in the Hyborian Age; to kill and skin the wolf hoard, see the Picts driven before you and hear the lamentations of the child hit by the stray arrow. Well not so much that last one.

Unfortunately, my FRAPS closed out during the session, so my screen shots were not saved. Looking forward to your Twitch broadcast!

Cheers,
Raz

Ellspeth
January 8th, 2017, 13:05
I saved this early in the game Raz, as you can see, about the time the brat started screaming over a stray arrow. I did really enjoy learning this system, setting, it addresses some things that never made sense to me in other systems.
This was a great game, a great group and Jolly you are an awesome GM. I do need to fast forward on the twitch thing to those touching moments when the group was compassionately comforting the wounded br...er child.

ShotGun Jolly
January 8th, 2017, 13:19
Thanks guys! :)

:o