PDA

View Full Version : NPCs with spells take a long time to load

dellanx
December 19th, 2016, 16:20
Hi.

I am having a problem in Pathfinder, NPCs with spells take a long time to load into the combat tracker. Are there any solutions. I have a quad core I7 with a nice video card, and 32 GB of RAM. I am also using an SSD.

Thanks

Nickademus
December 19th, 2016, 17:54
I had this problem a while back. When I posted about it, no one could find the problem. I have since stopped putting the spells on the NPCs. I put them in a second NPC that doesn't go into the CT then I put its link into the Notes section of the first.

dellanx
December 19th, 2016, 18:01
Bummer, and thanks!

LordEntrails
December 19th, 2016, 20:29
I'm guessing this is because the NPC is parsing the spells when added to the CT? I know in 5E, if you use the spell casting trait this is the behavior... But not sure about PF. I would guess given the numerous available spells in PF that this might be part of the issue?

Nickademus
December 19th, 2016, 20:41
The 5E ruleset has a completely different NPC architecture. That actions in a spell class for PF are very verbose and have to be copied one by one to the combat tracker.

Callum
December 19th, 2016, 22:08
I have this problem, too. I've just got used to waiting a couple of minutes for FG to unfreeze.

Nickademus
December 19th, 2016, 22:53
I couldn't do that. It would lock up the player clients as well and let them know that something was going in the combat tracker.

dellanx
December 20th, 2016, 21:17
Seems to be about 30 seconds either way. Not sure what gave me allot of trouble the other day, cant seem to find that encounter.