PDA

View Full Version : If i was to buy say the lost mines for $20 would it be a ready to play adventure?

JC the Roleslayer
December 19th, 2016, 01:12
I was going to buy a bunch of the books including the core class and monster pack as i would like to DM due to the lack of DM's. If i bought say elemental evil or the mines of phandelver would it be ready to go? Or how does that work?

LordEntrails
December 19th, 2016, 01:30
Yep, the pre-made adventures like LMoP and PotA are all ready to run and don't require anything additional. The PHB is nice, as it will allow your players to use options that are not in the basic rules or SRD, but is not necessary.

The pre-made adventures have everything that the printed versions have, plus are prepped for play. Things like the encounters are ready to go and can be added to the combat tracker and map (when their is a map, a few encounters don't have maps as they did not in the printed modules either) with a single click.

Here on the forums, users like Zacchaeus have done up additional maps for any encounters that did not have them in the published adventures, so search the forums for those too.

You'll be happy, as a DM,I did very little to almost no prep running both of these modules. PotA needs a bit more than LMoP, just because of it's open sandbox nature, but neither requires much more than browsing through them for familiarity.

JC the Roleslayer
December 19th, 2016, 02:15
ok now my other question is right now it only shows acolyte for backrounds. will this expand to more if i buy the core class pack?

Answulf
December 19th, 2016, 02:23
Yes, that is correct. The Core Class Pack is the PHB and will add everything from it.

JC the Roleslayer
December 19th, 2016, 02:29
'Awesome thank you so much! I want to try DMing a game but am not that familiar with FG so im still figuring stuff out

LordEntrails
December 19th, 2016, 02:36
Just ask when you have questions, we're glad to help.

Answulf
December 19th, 2016, 02:56
'Awesome thank you so much! I want to try DMing a game but am not that familiar with FG so im still figuring stuff out

YouTube is your best resource there. Lots of great instructional videos and videos of people playing D&D in Fantasy Grounds.

damned
December 19th, 2016, 02:59
If you are new to it I would run LMoP with the included pre-gens. They are nice vanilla characters and they have everything they need on their sheets. It is a good option - for players and GM.