PDA

View Full Version : SW Enhanced Library for Fantasy Grounds v3.2.2

Ikael
December 18th, 2016, 20:31
Here you can find development version of upcomming SW Enhanced Library extension which is compatible with the newest Fantasy Grounds v3.2.2 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35553-Test-Release-v3-2-2) (still in public test phase). During FG v3.2.2's public test phase, any bugs and issues regarding the development version of Enhanced Library extension should be posted into this thread

New features:

Focus is set to name field after record is created
Only few text page types are listed in page creation to save vertical selection space.

After text page creation you can change the page type by right clicking on it and selecting Change page type

Built-in tutorial feature. Few how-to tutorials are included into this extension (content of them is no finished yet)

Tutorials can be found from Library window (small question mark icon next to "Importer" button) and in Content Importer window (question mark icon next to close window button

Reference Manual supports new block type: Code

Used in built-in Content Importer's user manual to provide markup samples

Partial support to embed images into Reference Manuals with content importer

Image block type info can be added to content importer by holding ALT down and drag-dropping image link from Images list
Images included into content markup this way will be exported in the module

Dynamic nodename support in content importer attribute markup

Use * and _ notation in attribute to auto-generate nodepath part when content markup is converted into module. * notation generates next pathname while _ uses the previous pathname. For instance:
@@blocks.*.blocktype::icon
@@blocks._.size::200,20
@@blocks._.icon::button_edit
@@blocks._.caption::Edit-button

Drag-dropping record links to content importer will append the markup after selected markup line
Better support to convert existing records into content importer markup
Module Checker tool: New tool to check if module contains broken links. In Library window right click on any activated module and select "Check Module"
Support to include images from Images & Map section to Content Importer
Images and pictures are displayed in reference manual preview mode if those resources are from Images & Maps section

UPDATE: Fantasy Grounds v3.2.2 was released, get the extension from its original thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions)

Ikael
December 28th, 2016, 12:38
New version uploaded. This version, in addition to adding FG v3.2.2 compatibility intoduces some new features in content creation

Ikael
December 29th, 2016, 00:11
New version was released. This newest version includes built-in user manual for Content Importer tool (no need to download separate module, everything is in the single extension).

To open the Content Importer User Manual, open the Content Importer tool and click the Question-mark icon in the window's top right corner (next to close window). This will open user manual and it includes several markup samples which can be copied to clipboard with right click menu.

Skellan
December 29th, 2016, 00:45
Great stuff. I will try this out soon :D

Guintar Teufalman
January 1st, 2017, 19:14
If I paste something in by accident in a table is there a way to delete it? I.e. I accidentally pasted a statblock in the chase range attack table.... but it's not letting me delete it

Ikael
January 1st, 2017, 21:05
Minor update uploaded (previous file replaced). Re-download and have fun

Ikael
January 1st, 2017, 21:52
If I paste something in by accident in a table is there a way to delete it? I.e. I accidentally pasted a statblock in the chase range attack table.... but it's not letting me delete it

I believe you don't mean rollable tables, but normal content (html) tables. The extension doesn't change how those tables are created and my best guess is to try built-in undo (ctrl+z) directly after you do the mistake. If you edited existing/commercial modules content like that you can revert all changes by opening module activation window, right clicking on the module and selecting revert.

Ikael
January 4th, 2017, 17:58
New version uploaded

Changelog:

Records converted into markup will automatically use * and _ notations in node path instead of generated node names (ie. id-xxxxx)
Record attributes are sorted by node name
After record is created in library, the focus will be set to name field
Quick convert to markup added: When records are dropped to "Importer" button in Library window, they are automatically converted to markup and copied to user's clipboard

Ikael
January 7th, 2017, 11:31
New version uploaded:

Changelog:

New slashcommand: /fixdb

If your library module export fails it leaves unnecessary content to your campaign database which can make the next export fail as well
Use this command to fix your campaign database if you encounter errors exporting
The command will be automatically invoked when you exit/reload your campaign session

Ikael
January 8th, 2017, 16:11
New version of SW Enhanced Library for FG v3.2.2 was uploaded (see link above)

Changelog

[Bugfix] Exported NPC's ability links were broken
[Bugfix] Races could not be imported using content importer
[Improvement] Exported module optimization improved
[Feature] Super Powers Companion records (HQ and HQ Room) are supported. When Super Powers Companion extension is enabled you can create HQs and HQ Rooms as module entries
[Feature] Link Checker tool: New tool to check if module contains broken links. In Library window right click on any activated module and select "Check Links". You can use this tool to check any SavageWorlds module links (even those not made with this extension). The tool will search all links within the module, check that all information is correctly and report if there are suspicious or and obvious errors in them. The report is listed in the chat, AND text version is automatically copied to your clipboard memory

christophersons
January 14th, 2017, 17:12
Let's automate the use of power points. Please! When using a spell, for example, decrease the amount of power points automatically. In the case of special use of a spell with differentiated power points or with modifier, I can create a new item of the same power with the consumption of different power points and with different modifiers. This is possible to do. Only need to automate consumption by the magic used with the power points registered. When it ends, to neutralize the use of powers.

Ikael
January 14th, 2017, 18:15
I like the idea! However that is out of the extension scope I work on. The feature should be in the SavageWorlds ruleset itself (not in separate extension) and I am not included into that developer team. You should report this idea/request to SavageWorlds ruleset main developer (phantomwhale)

Ikael
January 15th, 2017, 11:24
New version was uploaded, see the first post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35607-SW-Enhanced-Library-for-Fantasy-Grounds-v3-2-2&p=308145&viewfull=1#post308145).

Changelog:

[Feature] "Link Checker" tool was renamed to "Module Checker" and following additional information is added to report:

Other module dependencies (name of modules this module references to)
How many database nodes the module contains and how many of those doesn't have value. According to SmiteWorks recommendation is not to have any nodes without values
In case of broken link, the report will check if it's from other module and will inform user to activate that module before running the check

[Bugfix] Changing text page's type will close old window and reopen the content in new one
[Feature] New option added: "Use CoreRPG windowclasses" under Export option section. When this is enabled, exported module will utilize CoreRPG's windowclasses instead of SavageWorlds whenever it's possible. For instance, sw_referencetext, sw_referenceindex and sw_referenceinlineindex windowclasses are replaced with CoreRPG versions. This will help users to create CoreRPG content/modules easier.

Topdecker
January 15th, 2017, 14:31
[Feature] New option added: "Use CoreRPG windowclasses" under Export option section. When this is enabled, exported module will utilize CoreRPG's windowclasses instead of SavageWorlds whenever it's possible. For instance, sw_referencetext, sw_referenceindex and sw_referenceinlineindex windowclasses are replaced with CoreRPG versions. This will help users to create CoreRPG content/modules easier.
[/LIST]

Yes! Very nice addition, thank you

Ikael
January 17th, 2017, 15:59
New version is available, this time the focus was on Reference Manual images

Changelog

[Feature] Support to include image resources to content importer from Images & Maps section. You can drag-and-drop images from Images & Maps to Content Importer's source view to include reference manual block markup to represent them. To create image block you must hold ALT down. To create picture block you must hold ALT and CTRL down.
[Feature] Image resources from Images & Maps are displayed in Reference Manual Preview mode's content (see attached screenshot).
[Feature] Better support for /refmanpreview slashcommand: You don't need to have reference manual page definition in clipboard memory to create preview mode using the slashcommand. The minimun required information is single article markup
[Feature] Better support including image resources from Images & Maps section to exported module

vodokar
January 18th, 2017, 02:24
I love you, Man.

Ikael
January 18th, 2017, 19:24
Fantasy Grounds v3.2.2 was released and updated extension was uploaded to SW Enhanced Library thread (check it out from here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions)). This thread can be closed

Trenloe
January 18th, 2017, 23:23
This thread can be closed
Done.