PDA

View Full Version : THAC0 Tavern

Intruder
December 18th, 2016, 16:09
This is the new home to our D&D experience!

magiker
December 18th, 2016, 17:16
Got it. Happy to be here.

GarthGiantbane
December 18th, 2016, 17:44
Hi,

Thanks for starting a thread!

For this adventure, everyone will be starting with 1st level characters. The build will be Adventurer's League legal, you can read the latest player guide here for that: https://https://dndadventurersleague.org/downloads/ Use the link for the D&D Adventurer's League Player's Guide v5.1.

Essentially, the build criteria is a static set of ability numbers: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10 & 8. After that you will equip up per your background and class info on starting equipment. Next we'll talk about getting connected to my server (testing) and time windows to build your characters. All races and classes are available from the PHB - there's a few more than listed in the free PG download.

Races: Dragonborn, Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Half-elf, Half-orc, Halfling, Human, Human-Variant, Tiefling
Classes: Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard

Most of the common race-class combos I am familiar with but others would be a new experience for me as well as you. In any case, we'll be responsible for helping to run the characters correctly.

Talk Soon

Intruder
December 18th, 2016, 23:49
For those who do not have access to the PHB, here is the section on spell use.

(snipped)

Moderator: You can't repeat copyright material here.

Intruder
December 19th, 2016, 17:03
tried to post correction, but I guess i'm too new!

roberth
December 20th, 2016, 01:35
what day and time will this adventure be run?

GarthGiantbane
December 20th, 2016, 14:34
Currently the group is complete (party-wise). If something opens up then an open call will go out for replacements.. I mean more players :)

poppy_thompson
December 20th, 2016, 16:17
Quick question: If this isn't a post to advertise for players or group, should it be moved somewhere else?Poppy

Intruder
December 21st, 2016, 01:14
Quick question: If this isn't a post to advertise for players or group, should it be moved somewhere else?Poppy

Thought I was in the right section....

"LFG - Looking for Group"
A board for finding games, (announcing campaigns and scheduling play times). Please link games to the Game Calendar for Recruiting.

We are announcing our campaign and play times to the players who have already been determined.
Is there another coordination section?

Nulk
December 21st, 2016, 02:11
Hey welcome all to the forums, and FG in general.
traditionally, the LFG forums has been used to announce new games, and advertise these for players / GM's who aren't already in a group.

while there is nothing wrong with what you are doing, perhaps creation of a forum group, private or other wise might be better suited to your needs?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/group.php

Here you basically create a sub forum for your own needs, where you can create threads for organisation, IC & OOC threads/chat.

Alternately the Calender has a chat type function as well as a space for the GM to post game times where players can confirm their availability.

Some options for you and your players, otherwise continue this post as you deem fit. :)

Nulk

Intruder
December 21st, 2016, 02:36
I stand corrected here, my apologies.
We are moving our focus to the Groups area.

JohnD
December 21st, 2016, 04:44
Thanks.

poppy_thompson
December 21st, 2016, 13:18
Hey welcome all to the forums, and FG in general.
traditionally, the LFG forums has been used to announce new games, and advertise these for players / GM's who aren't already in a group.

while there is nothing wrong with what you are doing, perhaps creation of a forum group, private or other wise might be better suited to your needs?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/group.php

Here you basically create a sub forum for your own needs, where you can create threads for organisation, IC & OOC threads/chat.

Alternately the Calender has a chat type function as well as a space for the GM to post game times where players can confirm their availability.

Some options for you and your players, otherwise continue this post as you deem fit. :)

Nulk

Nulk: Thank you for being my informative in your post than I was capable of when I sent my question.

Intruder: I apologize if I came across as curt. I sincerely wasn't sure of the intent of this thread. Welcome to Fantasy Grounds!

Poppy.