PDA

View Full Version : [5E][Sunday 9am ET] LFP: 1 or 2 Players

poppy_thompson
December 16th, 2016, 21:04
FG License: Ultimate License
Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: Eastern Time Zone
Day of week and time: Sunday @ 9am Eastern
If new game, planned start date: Session Zero - December 18, 2016. Anticipated Session 1 - January 8, 2017
Planned Frequency: Every other week
Term: Looking for a long-term game.

Text or Voice: Mix of both. The main communication of game material will be via Voice.
Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50 - I am trying to get out of my comfort zone and voice more RP. Therefore, this may skew more to the RP side. The current players are geared more to that situation. With that said, it will be a published campaign that will introduce 'combat' encounters.
Number of Players in game & needed: Currently have 4 players. Looking for 1 or 2 more.
Character starting level & equipment: Start at 1st Level. Players can take the class and background starting equipment or roll for wealth and purchase equipment. I allow the players to take the highest of three starting wealth rolls.
Variant Rules & Character restrictions:

I apply a more gritty world with respect to health using the variant healing rules from the DMG.
I also allow a majority of the Action variant rules, as well.
Matt Mercer's Resurrection Magic rules are applied.
Variant rules for Flanking and Diagonal movement are applied.
Character creation follows most of the rules of the Adventure League publications.
The Arakocra race is NOT allowed. Other races and builds will be subject to DM approval.

Multiclassing IS allowed with the following restrictions: PHB criteria applies; Only two classes can be combined per character; and the class must be background and story appropriate. DM approval is required, too.
Materials available for use include: PHB, Elemental Evil Player’s Companion, and the SCAG.
The inclusion of play-test (UA) or third-party material will be so rare it will feel like it is not allowed without an act of God.
No evil alignments.

I am looking for players that are open to having fun and developing their characters. I am sensitive to perceived power-gaming and min-maxing. Optimizing a character with respect to their race, class, backstory and traits is not viewed as power-gaming or min-maxing. But... you should expect questions to be asked about how things apply to those items. Because I am running a published campaign, I am also sensitive to meta-gaming. Let me revise that statement. If I am sensitive to the other no-nos, I am ultra-sensitive to meta-gaming.

Details: Since I am running a published adventure, I would like to withhold the name of the adventure until I have all the characters in place. Actually, I will say it is going to be Princes of the Apocalypse or Curse of Strahd.

New players are welcome, but we are a mature group and would like to maintain that moniker.

Link to Gamecalendar page: I don't have one. I use Obsidian Portal.

If you are interested, please post your character concept below.

poppy

j624
December 16th, 2016, 22:00
I am interested in joining. I am open to playing any class that is needed. I don't have any character ideas at the moment, but if you have any starting ideas, I could work with those to develop my character a bit on my own. I am unfamiliar with any rules outside the PHB, so you would have to walk me through those, although I do watch Critical Role, so I think I have some idea what you mean by "Matt Mercer's Resurrection Magic rules".

Fatherdeath
December 16th, 2016, 22:13
I am interested in playing.... I have a background already set up that i will send you to look at...

cardonut
December 17th, 2016, 01:52
hi im still new to the whole fantasy grounds but i am familiar with 5e and its mechanics. if needed i dont mind sitting down and rolling a character with you as the DM so it can fit into your story better. i dont mind the house rules and i enjoy meeting another critter.

poppy_thompson
December 18th, 2016, 20:13
Thanks everyone for your interest! I've got a full group now. I hope everyone is able to find the kind of group they're looking to join.

May the dice roll in your favor.