PDA

View Full Version : 5e Can't we show only prepared spells in combat mode?

st4lk3r87
December 16th, 2016, 17:08
When you are playing with a Cleric or a Druid you have all your spells displayed in the Actions tab. In "combat" mode I would like to show only the prepared spells cause the others are useless for the current fight.

Is it a bug? Or is it intended to be like that and I'm missing forgetting important?

Many thanks!

p.s.
I digged on the 5E scripts and I changed it by myself so I show only the prepared spells ( if there are enough spells slots ).

Zacchaeus
December 16th, 2016, 20:29
You check the circle next to the spells that you want to prepare in 'Preparation' mode. When you are in Combat mode only those spells will show. See this wiki article (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Character_Sheet#Spells) for more information about the spell power group.

st4lk3r87
December 17th, 2016, 02:11
Yes, I do it but that's not what happen. With a Cleric I add all spells of level 1, then I click in preparation mode the little circle, after that I go in combat but I still can see the unprepared spells.

7. When the Mode is now changed to 'Combat' a star symbol will show next to prepared spells.
It doesn't say anything about hiding the unprepared spells.

Nickademus
December 17th, 2016, 03:24
I'd have to go in and look again to be sure, but I've never had an unprepared spell stay visible on my clerics when I switched to Combat Mode. I hate being in any other mode specifically because of this.

EDIT: My memory must be from the PF ruleset because you are right. The unprepared spells are not disappearing. I'd say this is a bug since the other rulesets display the expected behavior.

spite
December 17th, 2016, 07:28
I am pretty sure its a bug yea. I remembered this working as you expect with my cleric. However its no longer doing so.

Dracius
December 17th, 2016, 08:05
Works correctly for me.
What extensions are you running?
How recent is your install/updates?
How many prepared spells did you mark for the spell group meta data?

Zacchaeus
December 17th, 2016, 10:57
How many prepared spells did you mark for the spell group meta data?

Yes, the key thing is this. You have to enter a number for the prepared spells in the meta data section. I have updated the Wiki to make this clearer.

st4lk3r87
December 17th, 2016, 16:15
Ooooh! Ok I totally missed that. Thank you Zacchaeus.

Nickademus
December 17th, 2016, 18:47
Yes, the key thing is this. You have to enter a number for the prepared spells in the meta data section. I have updated the Wiki to make this clearer.

That is a very odd dependency. What happens if I have more spells prepared than the number? Good to have the wiki updated though.

Zacchaeus
December 17th, 2016, 19:53
That is a very odd dependency. What happens if I have more spells prepared than the number? Good to have the wiki updated though.

It doesn't matter what the number is as long as there's a number in there. FG doesn't know or check whether you have more or less spells prepared than you are allowed to.