PDA

View Full Version : LFG - PST Player Looking for immersion-and-roleplay-heavy 5E Forgotten Realms games

thecainman
December 16th, 2016, 10:57
FG License: None currently (new here) but it's not an issue. Will make it work for a good group/game
Time Zone: PST
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Weekly or bi-weekly games, either PST evenings or weekends, earliest available time is 7pm PST during the week, and maybe 5PM on Saturdays. Unavailable every other Sunday.
Term: One-shot first then long-term. Or just long-term.
Voice: Yes.

Game System Preferred: ONLY D&D 5E and would love to try out some official storylines (Out of the Abyss, Storm King's Thunder and the one-shots in those storylines)
Game System Experience: D&D 5E - 1 year of DM-ing and playing, multiple years of D&D 3.5E
Fantasy Grounds Experience: Brand spanking new but very tech-savvy.

Character Type Preferred: Only spellcasters of some type or another.

About me: I'll tell you what I'm looking for in order to figure out the kind of player I am:

In a DM - While I myself am a DM, I already have a campaign offline and so I'd like to be a player in this online game. Experience with Fantasy Grounds DM-ing would be preferable. Ideally, you are a DM who enjoys describing things, play-acting characters and enhancing the immersion during the game with anything they can come up with (music, sfx, etc). A storyteller basically.

In Players - I'm looking to join a great group of individuals who are inclusive, fun, diverse (absolutely no racial/sexual/gender discrimination accepted) and enjoy the roleplaying aspect of D&D as much as the number-crunching part. In my opinion, D&D thrives when players (and the DM) enjoy improvising and roleplay their characters as much as possible.

In the Game- I live in Los Angeles (feel free to message me if you are in the area, as we might just create an offline game if this doesn't work out), so PST-friendly timezones are a must.
I would like to meet weekly but bi-weekly works too. I am a DM offline and have a campaign that runs every two weeks on Sundays so that's off-limits but I can kind of make anything else work.

I am looking for a group that values immersion - which means selecting portraits, names and backstories that fit the lore of Forgotten Realms; and a group that will attempt to stay in-character more than out-of-character. For example, if I'd like to let the cleric know I need to be healed, instead of saying "hey can you heal me, I'm at 2 hitpoints" I can say "Cleric, please, come help or I fear I will die soon!". Fantasy speak is great, but not necessary. But an attempt to play your character and act them out is great.

I'd like a group of people (18+) who respect the other players and act maturely. Conflicts remain in-character only, greed is roleplayed but only to the point where it doesn't upset the other players, and showing up for the game on time is a priority.

I generally enjoy playing good or neutral-aligned spellcasters and I'm absolutely open to Adventurers' League games as I already have a level 4 character available - a Fire Genasi Wizard.

JohnD
December 17th, 2016, 05:17
Welcome. Hope you find something quickly.

By your availability, I take it you are able to game every night of the week except for every 2nd Sunday? You might also want to list your earliest available start time and latest available end time in your time zone as well.

All the best! :)

thecainman
December 17th, 2016, 11:07
Thank you for the welcome. Hope I find it too. :)
Some people have said that I'm asking for too much from a game of D&D, we'll see if that's the case...

I'll take your advice and update the times.