PDA

View Full Version : GM Map Question

professorchu
December 15th, 2016, 18:27
When I add a map to Fantasy Grounds and open it up, on the top center there is a button that says ID with a crossed circle over it. To the right of that button it says "Unidentified Map / Image". What are both those fields for? They are missing from the tutorials I have looked up. Can someone explain to me what both of those fields are used for?

Trenloe
December 15th, 2016, 18:31
This allows the GM to have a original name for the image (so they can easily find it), but also a name that appears to the players when the image is shared. For example, the GM might name a creature image "Sahuagin" but doesn't want the players to know what the creature real name is (for story and meta-game purposes) and so re-labels unidentified to "Sea devil" (or some such). So, when the flavour image is shared with the players, they'll see "Sea Devil" in the title, not "Sahuagin".

professorchu
December 15th, 2016, 18:44
Awesome, Thanks Treloe! That's super helpful.

Do you know what the ID button beside that field does?

Moon Wizard
December 15th, 2016, 18:47
It toggles whether the image is considered "identified" or not for the players.

Also, v3.2.2 will add a global toggle option for images, in case you don't need image identification in your campaign.

Regards,
JPG

professorchu
December 15th, 2016, 19:10
Perfect! Thank you very much for the quick reply. I'm super new to Fantasy Grounds. The forum support has been fantastic. The two questions I've posted have been answered within minutes by the community and now developers. I find myself wanting to throw money at this company/system. Again, thank you both!

MarianDz
December 15th, 2016, 20:33
"professorchu" it is alike as Items identification where you can hide/cover original name of the item for your own text. Of course if you want use this Item Identification option you must Enable it first in Options (cog wheel upper right corner)

Hector Trelane
December 16th, 2016, 05:27
Also, v3.2.2 will add a global toggle option for images, in case you don't need image identification in your campaign.

Thank you very much for this!