PDA

View Full Version : How to change hit die (custom class)?

Remedeez
December 15th, 2016, 14:48
Hi everyone! So I've been DMing a homebrew (world) campaign for a circle of friends for a while now. About a month ago we made the plunge into Fantasy Grounds!
Everything has been going dandy so far, most things we've wanted to do in the campaign we've found ways to make work in Fantasy Grounds.

However, recently, I've hit a snag in setting some things up for this week's session.

Our ranger, Erdan, has a pet cat. Originally, in combat when he wanted to have his cat attack or do something, I just copied a NPC sheet of a cat, named it Erdan's Cat, gave it to Erdan and allowed Erdan to control the cat's token on our battle maps. Its been working great.
Fast forward to now, and Erdan wants to take a custom ranger path (we've sort of based on the UA Ranger path: Beast Conclave) and his cat needs a PC sheet of its own now for some special abilities and such. So I made a new PC, named it after Erdan's cat (Samuel L. Catson).

The problem I've run into, is I cannot edit the cat's hit die (specifically, what sized die Sam, the cat, gets for his Hit Points)

I tried it both from the bottom of the sheet where the hit die magnifier glass option button is, and from the cat's pseudo-class is listed.
Screenshots of the areas I've been clicking, attempting to change the die size for his Hit Die:

In the second screenshot, you should see I gave the cat a class, called it Cat. But I cannot change the Hit Die field. I tried clicking and typing there, I tried double-clicking (which makes it roll a hit die) and right-clicking. None of these options seem to allow me to set the hit die used by the "Cat" Class I've given the Cat.

Any help is much appreciated. Maybe I'm going about this all the wrong way!

damned
December 15th, 2016, 14:51
welcome Remedeez try to drag the correct dice into that field in class/level

Remedeez
December 15th, 2016, 14:53
OH MY GOODNESS! I can't believe it was something so simple as that!! HA! I feel really silly now!!

:o

Thank you so much, damned!

Zacchaeus
December 15th, 2016, 16:34
Welcome Remedeez.

You'll find a lot more information of the character sheet here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Character_Sheet).

damned
December 15th, 2016, 22:02
The interface has a few quirks - they feel quite natural once you get used to them but can sometimes challenge at first :)