PDA

View Full Version : How to add or change attacks/skills/attributes to an existing NPC sheet

Urraschk
December 13th, 2016, 21:09
I'm familiarizing myself with FG to run Savage Worlds games and added Bodyguard to Encounters in order to run a test combat against a PC. Then I noticed there was nothing in the Attacks field for the Bodyguard and I couldn't change values or drag and drop weapons/armor/skills onto the NPC sheet. How would I go about doing this? Thanks.

Zacchaeus
December 13th, 2016, 21:48
Hi Urraschk welcome to FG and to the community.

You can find information on the NPC sheet in the Wiki here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Savage_Worlds_NPC_Sheet). If that doesn't answer all your question please post back

Topdecker
December 13th, 2016, 22:00
They have the fighting / throwing / shooting skill and associated weapon?

I seem to recall that the SW module doesn't handle combat well when the proper skills are not there (it should use the unskilled die, a d4-2)

Tim

Doswelk
December 14th, 2016, 09:52
From memory you right click and create a skill and name it, (got to used to using Ikael's NPC creator to remember how I used to do it!)

Urraschk
December 14th, 2016, 12:56
I tried right clicking previously and it did not work. Creating a NPC sheet from scratch and adding/changing things is no problem at all.

But it doesn't seem to allow changes to existing NPC sheets, like the ones from the Savage Deluxe players or GM guides, such as "Bodyguard" or "Soldier".

damned
December 14th, 2016, 13:04
drag them to NPCs and unlock them.

Doswelk
December 15th, 2016, 07:22
I tried right clicking previously and it did not work. Creating a NPC sheet from scratch and adding/changing things is no problem at all.
But it doesn't seem to allow changes to existing NPC sheets, like the ones from the Savage Deluxe players or GM guides, such as "Bodyguard" or "Soldier".
These are read only, like Damned says, you need to create a copy of them, drag them from the library module to Personalities and then edit the copy.

Ikael
December 15th, 2016, 12:10
I believe people are accessing these records from masterindex view (sidebar button). In this case you just do the same, drag it and drop to the same list. This will make copy of it and you can find the copy by selecting "None" group. Copy version doesn't contain additional text in right side of the name like module versions